Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, CFM, Superfreak, Underdog, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt and Yakuda

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Melania Trump, most unpopular First Lady ever?

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    makes a whole lot of sense

It is outrageous hubris for some redneck to think beautiful women from Asia or Eastern Europe are beating down doors to get a chance to live with him in South Bend, Indiana and a chance at a green card

I know attractive women from Moscow and Saint Petersburg who would laugh at the thought of moving 7000 miles away from family to live with some pudgy dimwit in Bismarck North Dakota just to get a green card.
    For the most part, it just seems mostly like an urban legend..
    Oh it’s not just middle aged fat rednecks who do that shit. I heard that shit from just about everyone I knew. First was the mail order bride cracks. I mean I don’t know if such a thing exist cause I’ve never met one but that was pretty insulting.

Then of course came the “she’s just using you for a green card” which is insulting on multiple levels.

I heard that shit from my own parents and siblings.

A couple of examples. My late father was a physician and not exactly known for his tact. He’d say outrageous shit to me that would be fighting words if anyone else said them and he did with intent to piss me. Of course over time I learned how to ignore his criticism with my sangfroid intact. Well when I told my father I was engaged to a Filipina I had done my due diligence. I’d been in a long distance relationship with her for a year and a half, had met her and her family multiple times, none of the red flags of being used were there, etc,.

So by the time we were engaged we both knew each other pretty well. Well I tell my pops about our engagement and he just scornfully laughs at me and said “That Flip is just going to take you for a ride and split the minute she gets her green card”.

Most anyone else would have been royally pissed but I know my pops and my misses so I said to my pops “ Dad it would take her one minute to wrap you around her little finger. He thought that was funny and laughed.

Well about a year later we completed the k-2 visa and my bride to be comes to the US and shortly there after we visit my parents. It turned out I was wrong about taking her one minute to wrap my father around her little finger. We walked into my parents home and my girl ran across the room, threw her arms around my father in a hug, looked up at him, smiled and said “Hi Dad”.

My pops looked up at me and it was game over. It took her less then ten seconds to wrap him around her little finger. I never heard any green card cracks from that quarter again.

Then there was the time my sister, who like me grew up in rural Ohio but unlike me remained there in little old Coldwater. She made a critical comment to the misses about us living in Columbus and how she couldn’t live in a big city to which my wife bluntly replied “I’d rather move back to the Philippines than live in Coldwater,OH.”.

My sisters jaw hit the floor as she could not get her head around that. Lol

Anyways it’s just amazing how grossly naive most Americans are that where they live might not actually be the cultural center of the universe.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Cypress (01-19-2021)

3. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,304 Times in 27,107 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Oh it’s not just middle aged fat rednecks who do that shit. I heard that shit from just about everyone I knew. First was the mail order bride cracks. I mean I don’t know if such a thing exist cause I’ve never met one but that was pretty insulting.

Then of course came the “she’s just using you for a green card” which is insulting on multiple levels.

I heard that shit from my own parents and siblings.

A couple of examples. My late father was a physician and not exactly known for his tact. He’d say outrageous shit to me that would be fighting words if anyone else said them and he did with intent to piss me. Of course over time I learned how to ignore his criticism with my sangfroid intact. Well when I told my father I was engaged to a Filipina I had done my due diligence. I’d been in a long distance relationship with her for a year and a half, had met her and her family multiple times, none of the red flags of being used were there, etc,.

So by the time we were engaged we both knew each other pretty well. Well I tell my pops about our engagement and he just scornfully laughs at me and said “That Flip is just going to take you for a ride and split the minute she gets her green card”.

Most anyone else would have been royally pissed but I know my pops and my misses so I said to my pops “ Dad it would take her one minute to wrap you around her little finger. He thought that was funny and laughed.

Well about a year later we completed the k-2 visa and my bride to be comes to the US and shortly there after we visit my parents. It turned out I was wrong about taking her one minute to wrap my father around her little finger. We walked into my parents home and my girl ran across the room, threw her arms around my father in a hug, looked up at him, smiled and said “Hi Dad”.

My pops looked up at me and it was game over. It took her less then ten seconds to wrap him around her little finger. I never heard any green card cracks from that quarter again.

Then there was the time my sister, who like me grew up in rural Ohio but unlike me remained there in little old Coldwater. She made a critical comment to the misses about us living in Columbus and how she couldn’t live in a big city to which my wife bluntly replied “I’d rather move back to the Philippines than live in Coldwater,OH.”.

My sisters jaw hit the floor as she could not get her head around that. Lol

Anyways it’s just amazing how grossly naive most Americans are that where they live might not actually be the cultural center of the universe.
    I think mail order brides was always an urban legend.

The people who put you down like that were being jack asses.

I blame the myth of American exceptionalism. The American peasants simply believe it is entirely plausible that legions of beautiful women from Eurasia are beating down the doors, and willing to ditch their families, simply in order to manipulate some dupe into getting them a green card. I am sure there have been expectations, but for the most part that concept is pure American hubris.

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I think mail order brides was always an urban legend.

The people who put you down like that were being jack asses.

I blame the myth of American exceptionalism. The American peasants simply believe it is entirely plausible that legions of beautiful women from Eurasia are beating down the doors, and willing to ditch their families, simply in order to manipulate some dupe into getting them a green card. I am sure there have been expectations, but for the most part that concept is pure American hubris.
    Oh absolutely. Before we got hitched I looked up the divorce rate of Fil-Am couples. It was 25% and most of those were where the age difference was greater than 20+ years or the American spouse lacked the financial means to support a wife and family. Having said that the US divorce rate at that time was 50%! Which meant by statistics my odds of having a succesful marriage to a Filipina was 50% better than marrying an American woman. LOL

However not being the type to bullshit themselves I had an honest appraisal of our relationship and it was super easy for me to ignore all the stupid, insensitive and bigoted comments because I was the happiest I had ever been in my life....and still am.

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,363 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

LOL OMG That was spot on for my gay brother when was younger. The constant name dropping and snobbish attitudes and the super hyper focus on status and money. Sounds like he would have loved LA.
    For sure!! I mean, LA isn't the only place this occurs of course but it is soooo ingrained in the culture. L.A. was a culture shock to me coming from Northern California. I've told you I met my best friend Freshman year and he came from Bucyrus. It might as well been a different country for him! Haha.

I have a fraternity buddy who works in the industry. He worked for David Dobkin who directed Wedding Crashers. So my buddy got to party with Vince Vaughn and other cast members during the filming. He and I would go out and he would tell that to every girl he met. What's funny is he would say 'I work with David Dobkin, not 'I work for David Dobkin' (and he was a grunt at that). But girls would eat it up because they thought my buddy could do something for them. He scored all the time with it. Eventually of course they figure out he had no power but that's how the game is played... (Girls would look at me and I'd be like 'I work in real estate, I've got nothing for you'. Haha.)

For most of us 'normal' folks this is foreign to us but in places like L.A. and N.Y. its common occurrence.
    Last edited by cawacko; 01-19-2021 at 08:27 AM.

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    For sure!! I mean, LA isn't the only place this occurs of course but it is soooo ingrained in the culture. L.A. was a culture shock to me coming from Northern California. I've told you I met my best friend Freshman year and he came from Bucyrus. It might as well been a different country for him! Haha.

I have a fraternity buddy who works in the industry. He worked for David Dobkin who directed Wedding Crashers. So my buddy got to party with Vince Vaughn and other cast members during the filming. He and I would go out and he would tell that to every girl he met. What's funny is he would say 'I work with David Dobkin, not 'I work for David Dobkin' (and he was a grunt at that). But girls would eat it up because they thought my buddy could do something for them. He scored all the time with it. Eventually of course they figure out he had no power but that's how the game is played... (Girls would look at me and I'd be like 'I work in real estate, I've got nothing for you'. Haha.)

For most of us 'normal' folks this is foreign to us but in places like L.A. and N.Y. its common occurrence.
    Miami is kind of like that. Back in the late 90's I was assigned to go to Miami and work on a product testing project for an abrasive product I had developed using industrial waste materials from a steel plant. The consultant we had hired was a real arrogant jerk and my boss did not trust him and assigned me to the project to make sure it was done properly and we got the information we needed from this pompous ass. So when we started working on the test this asshole treated me like a gopher and I put up with it and kept my mouth shut, made sure the testing met ASME standards which was a real trick to do without revealing I was the companies product development chemist. Since I was wearing work blues and kept my mouth shut this dick just thought I was just a working stiff. This guy treated me the whole time like I was an illiterate gopher. I just can't describe how big an asshole this jerk was.

Well the place where we were doing the test at had about a half a dozen super hot latina babes working there and while we were working on our test they just completely ignored me. They would look at me like I wasn't even there. Dressed in work blues I didn't look that impressive.

Well one day I when this dick head consultant was out to lunch I asked to use their phone so I could call my boss and give him a status report. That turned into a very technical discussion about our product and the testing result, complying with product specification and environmental compliance issues, yadda, yadda,yadda. When I hung up the girls were looking at me like I was an Alien from outer space. One of them asked me...what the hell were you guys talking about. It sounded like a foreign language. That's when I told them that I was actually the companies production chemist and not to tell the dick head consultant what they had over heard me discussing with my boss.

Boy what a turn around. As soon as they found out I was a college educated chemist they became real friendly. I even took one out for a date and boy was that a hot date.

My point being is that you can be a multimillionare but if you dress like an average dude people will look down their nose at you but if you dress the part of a dime store millionare and act like a snob people will believe that you are something that you are not.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

cawacko (01-19-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-25-2021)

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    She is a whore.

and yet, still way out of your league you sexist fuck.

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,363 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Miami is kind of like that. Back in the late 90's I was assigned to go to Miami and work on a product testing project for an abrasive product I had developed using industrial waste materials from a steel plant. The consultant we had hired was a real arrogant jerk and my boss did not trust him and assigned me to the project to make sure it was done properly and we got the information we needed from this pompous ass. So when we started working on the test this asshole treated me like a gopher and I put up with it and kept my mouth shut, made sure the testing met ASME standards which was a real trick to do without revealing I was the companies product development chemist. Since I was wearing work blues and kept my mouth shut this dick just thought I was just a working stiff. This guy treated me the whole time like I was an illiterate gopher. I just can't describe how big an asshole this jerk was.

Well the place where we were doing the test at had about a half a dozen super hot latina babes working there and while we were working on our test they just completely ignored me. They would look at me like I wasn't even there. Dressed in work blues I didn't look that impressive.

Well one day I when this dick head consultant was out to lunch I asked to use their phone so I could call my boss and give him a status report. That turned into a very technical discussion about our product and the testing result, complying with product specification and environmental compliance issues, yadda, yadda,yadda. When I hung up the girls were looking at me like I was an Alien from outer space. One of them asked me...what the hell were you guys talking about. It sounded like a foreign language. That's when I told them that I was actually the companies production chemist and not to tell the dick head consultant what they had over heard me discussing with my boss.

Boy what a turn around. As soon as they found out I was a college educated chemist they became real friendly. I even took one out for a date and boy was that a hot date.

My point being is that you can be a multimillionare but if you dress like an average dude people will look down their nose at you but if you dress the part of a dime store millionare and act like a snob people will believe that you are something that you are not.
    Your last sentence is interesting because in places like L.A., N.Y. and Miami people are very into fashion. In the Bay Area you have these tech geeks that don't care how they look but could be worth millions, or tens of millions, of dollars.

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Your last sentence is interesting because in places like L.A., N.Y. and Miami people are very into fashion. In the Bay Area you have these tech geeks that don't care how they look but could be worth millions, or tens of millions, of dollars.
    I know. I met one when I was working in the recycling business. The company execs brought in a bunch of suits, who were potential investors, to visit our plant. When he brought them into my lab I was working on creating a company web site for something or other I can't remember. One of the guys in the group of suits stood out like a sore thumb. He was wearing a print Hawaii Shirt and a pair of khakees. He noticed I was doing some HTML work on a web page on my computer and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was working on a website but I wasn't exactly a programmer. He spent the next hour with me showing me some tricks for building the web page I was working on while the rest of the suits toured the plant.

When he left my boss came into my lab in a panic. Wanted to know what I discussed with the guy. I told him we didn't discuss anything proprietary. In fact we didn't discuss anything about our product or process at all. He was just giving me some pointers on creating a web site.

My boss then proceeded to tell me that he was a venture capitalist from the Bay Area and that the dude was worth $600 million. Could have bowled me over.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-25-2021)

12. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Your "data" is from 2013.
    I didn't link to any data earlier so I'll add this now. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...f04_story.html

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

13. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    They seem to warm up to money pretty well.
    Yeah, something about money warms the cockles of many cold, shriveled hearts.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

14. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-19-2021)

15. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,626 Times in 10,690 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

MELANIA TRUMP: MOST BEAUTIFUL FIRST LADY EVER....

OP CITES A CNN POLL?? CNN???!! REALLY???
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Wolverine (01-25-2021)

17. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,650 Times in 51,931 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Yeah, something about money warms the cockles of many cold, shriveled hearts.
    My life experience has been to understand what motivates people and, when necessary, weaponize it against them. The key to success, of course, it to complete the task without everything blowing up in my face.

The best intelligence operation is one where no one knows it ever happened. The target just writes it up to coincidence and keeps moving along.

Social engineering sheep, cattle or any other domesticated animals isn't difficult compared to humans. Humans require a much more subtle touch. If they think they are being engineered, much less forced, they'll fight. That's partly what's happening now, IMO. Forced change too fast and much too heavy handed.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

18. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Underdog (01-25-2021)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-19-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-25-2021)

20. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    My life experience has been to understand what motivates people and, when necessary, weaponize it against them. .

And you don't consider yourself a sociopath...... problem is, you suck at it.

21. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,650 Times in 51,931 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bull&Terrier View Post
    And you don't consider yourself a sociopath...... problem is, you suck at it.
    If you really had a degree in psychology like you claimed, then you could explain the logic behind your reply.

I'm sure everyone is curious to see if you are able to answer the question or if you'll just sling poo and lick yourself as usual.

Bull&Terrier AKA Rev._HellH0und doing what he does best:

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-25-2021)

23. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    She is a whore.
    Your mother? I agree! Melania has more class in on pinky than that tranny Michelle! Michelle has a bigger dick according to the pictures in the wind! Michelle dressed like a ghetto ho!