Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, CFM, Superfreak, Underdog, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt and Yakuda

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Melania Trump, most unpopular First Lady ever?

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    The single rational lefty on this board. To bad there are not more like you.
    That's because I'm not a lefty or more correctly I'm not a political ideologue. I don't put myself in a box. Now obviously compared to a fire breathing right wing reactionary (whom I despise) I for certain would appear to be a Red flag waving commie pinko liberal. Conversely to post modernist liberals (whom I equally dislike) I'm a brown shirted jack booted NAZI.

If you were going to put me in a box though I probably fit best in the Blue Dog Democrat box as a former Republican moderate (an almost extinct breed now) who was essentially told to leave the GOP.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (01-18-2021), Sailor (01-18-2021)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    In principle I agree. But this thread was not about ad hom political attacks. It was about how popular First Ladys are, which is a fair question to ask. First Ladies have a public role, they represent America on the world stage and are expected to take a leading role in charitable, nonpartisan causes. Americans generally have a more favorable view of Laura Bush and Michelle Obama, than they do of Melania Trump. That is a fair measurement of public opinion.
    I here the distinction you are making but I'll stick to my guns. I honestly don't care about her popularity (or any other First Lady). She's not really politically relevant.

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Well, while in general I agree, the First Lady does actually perform functions that can and are open to discussion. As for the Children I agree that they should be left out of discussion with one exception, any children that do work in the administration are fair game, meaning trumps oldest children are open game his youngest son is not.
    I absolutely agree with Trumps kids who have been actively and official political participants. They are fair game. His youngest son though is not.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

CASPER (01-18-2021)

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    RCP does not say the 2016 election was wrong. In the 2016 election, Clinton got 3 million more votes than trump. That is just a fact.

Hardly the least popular woman in history.
    no one said RCP said the election is wrong.......it said you were wrong about her popularity.....and no one has said she was the least popular woman in history.......there was Lucretia Borgia.....Queen Jezebel of Israel......maybe Marie Antionette (though that is probably close
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If true, that makes Melania a first-rate asswipe in the pantheon of first ladies
    hatred like yours is sad, but expected from the demmycunts......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In principle I agree. But this thread was not about ad hom political attacks.
    of course it was.......the only difference is that it is ad hom attack on a national level and came from a CNN reporter....

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I absolutely agree with Trumps kids who have been actively and official political participants. They are fair game. His youngest son though is not.
    where does Hunter Biden show up on your radar?.....

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RomanDmowski View Post
    Slavaphobia.
    The same reason The Klitschko brothers or Fedor Emelianenko were never popular fighters.
    Nah. Most people instinctively detest gold-digging whores. Has nothing to do with where she's from.

11. The Following User Groans At CharacterAssassin For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (01-18-2021)

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,789 Times in 33,647 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Be that as it may she, unlike Donalds children, she has not been part of an official political role, other than First Lady. You could also make similiar comments about Michelle Obama. Now if you're talking about Hilliary Clinton, who as First Lady, took an official politcial role (i.e health care reform) then I would agree with you.
    Well, that’s your opinion, but she inserted herself into his politics, she deserves criticism, in my opinion, we disagree once, again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (01-18-2021)

14. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,304 Times in 27,107 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Envy, no doubt, plays a big part in those hating "gold diggers". Sure, they don't earn respect.
    I personally have never envied rich, old fat guys who purchase arm candy.

In my experience, there is a universe of very attractive females who will date men who have good personalities, look presentable, take care of themselves physically, and are fun to be with.

I would be suspicious of any female who approached a relationship as transactional, no matter what she looked like.

Super models do make good eye candy though

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-18-2021)

16. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,180 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    She does not get credit for ending cyberbullying. That is so unfair. What a great accomplishment that was.
    Her husband- being America's CYBERBULLY NUMBER 1 of course!

Tweetilly-deetilly-deet- Deetilly Deetilly TWEET............................................. ...... TWEET-TWEET......... Tweetilly DEET!

17. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,031 Times in 8,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    no one said RCP said the election is wrong.......it said you were wrong about her popularity.....and no one has said she was the least popular woman in history.......there was Lucretia Borgia.....Queen Jezebel of Israel......maybe Marie Antionette (though that is probably close
    Hillary Clinton got 3 million more votes in 2016 than trump did. She was more popular than trump at the time. She has not lost popularity since then, but trump sure has.

Or we can look at her as most admired woman. She was number one as Gallup's most admired woman 22 times from 1993-2017. That is a record high.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallup...and_woman_poll

I understand you do not like Clinton much, and you are not alone there, but you are in the minority. If you cannot understand that, you are lost.

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,031 Times in 8,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Hillary Clinton will also beat Trump as a better liked first lady. In a November 2000 CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, just prior to Clinton's exit, her favorable number stood at 56%, fourteen percentage points higher than Trump.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/17/polit...ity/index.html

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,649 Times in 51,930 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

I personally have never envied rich, old fat guys who purchase arm candy.

In my experience, there is a universe of very attractive females who will date men who have good personalities, look presentable, take care of themselves physically, and are fun to be with.

I would be suspicious of any female who approached a relationship as transactional, no matter what she looked like.

Super models do make good eye candy though
    Completely agreed. Still, it's a matter of personal choice and I see these attacks on Melania as no better than body shaming, race shaming, sexual preference shaming or any other form of attack on legal, personal life choices.

Agreed a lot of them look good...and that's as far as the attraction ever goes for the reasons you mentioned.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (01-18-2021)

21. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,649 Times in 51,930 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Hillary Clinton got 3 million more votes in 2016 than trump did. She was more popular than trump at the time. She has not lost popularity since then, but trump sure has.

Or we can look at her as most admired woman. She was number one as Gallup's most admired woman 22 times from 1993-2017. That is a record high.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallup...and_woman_poll

I understand you do not like Clinton much, and you are not alone there, but you are in the minority. If you cannot understand that, you are lost.
    Sorry, dude, but that's incorrect: https://news.gallup.com/poll/243242/...ating-low.aspx

https://news.gallup.com/poll/328193/...ired-2020.aspx
    Donald Trump, Michelle Obama Most Admired in 2020
    Americans are most likely to name President Donald Trump and Michelle Obama as most admired man and woman in 2020. Trump tied former President Barack Obama for the honor last year but edged out his predecessor this year. Trump's first-place finish ends a 12-year run as most admired man for Obama, tied with Dwight Eisenhower for the most ever.

Meanwhile, Michelle Obama ranks as most admired woman for the third year in a row. Vice President-elect Kamala Harris is second.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"