Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: This seems like overkill or is it just me?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    you still haven't unwoven how to tie your shoes, trump voter.
    you should take trolling lessons from CARP -he's much better at that then you are

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Really? My people?

Allow me to reach into the Memory Hole. Oh, here it is. Back in the summer when lefties torched the Capitol cathedral and the president of the United States was removed to a secure bunker for only the second time in history.

Remember that? Didn’t think so.
    that's different...uh..well it is..Black Live Matter!! ROFL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (01-17-2021)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Really? My people?

Allow me to reach into the Memory Hole. Oh, here it is. Back in the summer when lefties torched the Capitol cathedral and the president of the United States was removed to a secure bunker for only the second time in history.

you are comparing starting a small fire IN A CATHEDRAL to breaking into the Capitol when it is in session, making the results of the election final, killing a cop, injuring others, threatening to hang mike pence, kill pelosi while searching all over for them?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

domer76 (01-17-2021)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    the real problem was the FBI not giving a heads up to the Capitol police
    Or maybe it was the capitol police not paying attention
    ( Capitol police are a yuge force bigger then Baltimore or Atlanta). I still haven't unwoven that cluterf*ck

they were probably looking out for da Russians...
    The Capitol Police weren’t taking notes back in the summer? Why would anyone need a heads up given the current climate? And my impression of the CC is they are a large force but not trained and/or equipped for stopping an uprising. They at least seemed easily over run. Some of these characters waltzed right by them into the building.

I don’t think there’s any excuse whatsoever.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you are comparing starting a small fire IN A CATHEDRAL to breaking into the Capitol when it is in session, making the results of the election final, killing a cop, injuring others, threatening to hang mike pence, kill pelosi while searching all over for them?
    scale may be different but anarchists are anarchists

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

They shoved Trump into a bunker because they feared someone might challenge him to a game of Tiddly Winks?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (01-17-2021)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Capitol Police weren’t taking notes back in the summer? Why would anyone need a heads up given the current climate? And my impression of the CC is they are a large force but not trained and/or equipped for stopping an uprising. They at least seemed easily over run. Some of these characters waltzed right by them into the building.

I don’t think there’s any excuse whatsoever.
    we are not going to find out. do you think Dems want the truth?
    the meme is Trump incited riots.. that's all they want to "know" -and the Senate isnt going to look further

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Really? My people?

It is your people my dear who have caused this insurrection, one in which you gladly support. It is your people who are willing to trash our constitution and take power by any means possible. The only difference is that you are a coward and would never ever leave your keyboard to join them. All you have left is your "tuff" talk which of course is totally meaningless. It is also your people who are planning to storm US Capitals and plant IED's wherever possible. It is your people who are more than willing to kill and maim the very police you pretend to support.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Hoosier Daddy (01-17-2021), no worries (01-17-2021), Rune (01-17-2021)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    people who quote stalin when it comes to how we do stuff here in this country must be trump voters- nobody with an IQ would believe what happens in Russia is that similar to this country, especially now that trump has been kicked out on his fat ass.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They shoved Trump into a bunker because they feared someone might challenge him to a game of Tiddly Winks?
    no, trump is such a chickenshit they couldn't keep him from overreacting...he claimed his bone spurs never lie, and his bone spurs told him those goony asses setting a fire to a cathedral were dangerous to him in the White House somehow...like a total chickenshit.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

Rune (01-17-2021)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

There’s a Coast Guard cutter floating in the Potomac with .50 caliber machines guns. And that’s just a fraction of the men and arms in DC.

How did we get from the Capitol Kops to locking down like Baghdad? Couldn’t *a fraction* of this military presence averted the 1/16 riots? Why are our intelligence apparatuses consistently caught off guard?

The horned shaman is locked up and refusing to eat because they won’t honor is vegan diet [not your typical Trump supporter lol?] so there’s no worry with him. The Sullivan joker was released but he’s a two-bit provocateur and he’s harmless now that his gig is busted. The small fraction of actual Trump supporters that were apprehended are facing the appropriate consequences for their actions. The other 99% were no threat to anyone to begin with.

Seems a bit much.
    A security zone has been created around the inauguration. That includes possible entry into the excluded area by boat.

That hatred of everything about society and government by Trump supporters is no longer being underestimated.

I approve of the show of force.

I would not think it too much if the cutter was more heavily armed.

Nothing says 'You're not passing this point' like a 5" gun.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 01-17-2021 at 10:06 AM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

It still curious to me that Trump wasn’t rushed to safety by SS during the storming of the Capitol by domestic terrorists.

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

A security zone has been created around the inauguration. That includes possible entry into the excluded area by boat.

That hatred of everything about society and government by Trump supporters is no longer being underestimated.

I approve of the show of force.

I would not think it too much of the cutter was more heavily armed.

Nothing says 'You're not passing this point' like a 5" gun.
    You know NORAD is also on the job.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-17-2021)

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar, aka Mr. Only 61 Deaths View Post
    There’s a Coast Guard cutter floating in the Potomac with .50 caliber machines guns. <snip>

Seems a bit much.
    Not sure why you would feign shock and outrage about this, 61.

There is a permanent Coast Guard station on the Potomac River at Washington DC

The USCG cutters were there before the inauguration and they will be their after the inauguration.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-17-2021), Phantasmal (01-17-2021), PoliTalker (01-17-2021)