Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Side

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Dividing people never works out for the best.

Obviously social awareness of a problem is crucial to resolving the problem. Any adult in the US who doesn't recognize there are racial disparities in our government is an idiot who is unlikely to change. The main disagreement isn't that racism exists, but how to solve it.

Democrats want to jam solutions down the throats of all Americans with one-size-fits-all solutions using the full weight of the Federal government. Republicans give lip-service to resolving racial issues but mainly want to protect their wallets and only respect people who are covered in plenty of Green.

Most people are caught in between these two extremes.
    After Obama was elected twice.

I think it shows the USA isn't all too racist.

You just want to believe there's a racist boogieman at every corner.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Dividing people never works out for the best.

Obviously social awareness of a problem is crucial to resolving the problem. Any adult in the US who doesn't recognize there are racial disparities in our government is an idiot who is unlikely to change. The main disagreement isn't that racism exists, but how to solve it.

Democrats want to jam solutions down the throats of all Americans with one-size-fits-all solutions using the full weight of the Federal government. Republicans give lip-service to resolving racial issues but mainly want to protect their wallets and only respect people who are covered in plenty of Green.

Most people are caught in between these two extremes.
    Agreed dividing people doesn't work out very well. Just ask Trump.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-17-2021)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RomanDmowski View Post
    After Obama was elected twice.

I think it shows the USA isn't all too racist.

You just want to believe there's a racist boogieman at every corner.
    he's king divider simp.

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

It's lip-service showmanship. Can't eat a street or send one's kids to college on it.

Results count. I like Malcom X's viewpoints on the issue and have his picture on my refrigerator. I like the man he became after his Haj and feel he would have rivaled MLK as an American leader had the scumbag Farrakhan not had him murdered.
    His image was poisoned with violence.

He was as bad as antifa.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    he's king divider simp.
    He's a coward, notice he's refusing to debate us.

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,462 Times in 52,473 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Projection.
    You are the most immature, ignorant & brainwashed here.
    If you think Guno & Dutch Uncle aren't prejudiced.

You lack awareness.
    Actually 3 of the most intelligent people are politically incorrect including James Watson, Dawkins, and Christopher Langan.

You have no proof of racial equality.

You have no proof that multiculturalism will solve racism.

You are on shaky ground.
    Projection.
    You are paranoid thinking most here are sock accounts of Legion or Ibda
    How am I loud!?

I'm rather quiet in person.

I'm quite sure I'm more calm & calculated than you here.

You just do as you're told, you lack abstract reason.

You are told prejudices are only wrong against a few groups, so you follow those rules, otherwise you are prejudiced against groups you aren't told is wrong.

You are severely brainwashed.
    The comment was that you were loud and stupid. The proof is in your posts.
    Dutch is quick to insult & slow on logic.

He can't put up a proper debate.

He's an ignorant, arrogant wretch.
    QED. So why do you follow me around, Witold? If that is what you truly believe, why do you not just ignore me?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

yet you villainize half the country continually. look in the mirror, shitstain.

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

His image was poisoned with violence.

He was as bad as antifa.
    Before he went to Mecca, yes, he was an angry man. Although I disagreed with his violence, I understood why he was angry. The difference between understanding why someone does something and condoning their solution to the problem is an important distinction to make and helps set a path of mutual satisfaction.

• Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    • You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.
    • The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    • Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
    • You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
    • Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.
    • I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against.
    • If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary.
    • Without education, you are not going anywhere in this world.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The comment was that you were loud and stupid. The proof is in your posts.

QED. So why do you follow me around, Witold? If that is what you truly believe, why do you not just ignore me?
    I tried to debate you in comment # 40.

You automatically didn't want to debate me.

Instead in comment # 41 you try to compare me to a terrorist.

You have very poor debate skills.

We all know you insult because you can't debate.

So I throw insults back at you.

Personally I'm tired of your BS.

Asking me for pics of my balls.

Threatening the FBI on me.

You're constant belittling of my intelligence.

Your running away from debates.

Your hypocrisy on racism & prejudices by engaging in them, and cozying up to Guno.

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Before he went to Mecca, yes, he was an angry man. Although I disagreed with his violence, I understood why he was angry. The difference between understanding why someone does something and condoning their solution to the problem is an important distinction to make and helps set a path of mutual satisfaction.

• Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    • You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.
    • Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
    • You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
    • Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.
    • I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against.
    • If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary.
    wow. you're a 2 bit ann landers wannabe mainstream imbecile. readers digest isn't a religious text dummy.

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'll attempt to debate you again.

Who says racists can't be peaceful or educated!?

Do you think James Watson is out there causing a ruckus & mayhem!?
    Do you think James Watson is an ignorant uneducated dunce!?

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

I think the potential for good outweighs the potential for bad coming from the idea of widely propagating subtle messaging that racial equality is the best policy.

I like how many TV commercials now show biracial couples.

That's a good thing.
    Back to behavior modification. The word "Shaping" means to slowly and patiently change behavior much like turning a supertanker. It can't be done quickly. Too many Americans are "I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW!!!" and don't have the education and self-discipline to work steadily and persistently toward a goal.

Of course, like pushing a car up a hill, if it turns out you are pushing it up the wrong hill, that really, really sucks. Best to be smart about the long term goals and not try to jam it with fast, but flawed solutions.

The goal of the commercials is primarily to sell widgets, not cause social change even though those may be the results. I think it's more a reflection of social changes already in place than of the Corporate Overlords treating people like lab rats to sell Cheerios, insurance or Sonic burgers. The commercials are seeking to touch upon something that already exists rather than to induce that change itself.

https://study.com/academy/lesson/shaping.html
    Shaping is the process of reinforcing successively closer and closer approximations to a desired terminal behavior. The shaping of behavior starts at an early age. For example, a child learns to pull itself up, to stand, to walk and to finally move about through reinforcement of slightly exceptional instances of behaviors. Walking doesn't necessarily come naturally to a child, but through subtle reinforcements of being able to reach a toy or move more independently, the child's behavior is shaped.

The behaviorist B. F. Skinner was an important researcher for the behavior analyst model of discipline and shaping student behavior through reinforcement. Skinner first researched the behavioral processes of shaping by trying to teach a pigeon to bowl. The desired outcome was that of a swiping of a wooden ball by the beak of the bird so the ball was sent down a miniature alley toward a set of toy pins. That process involved carefully designed series of discriminative stimuli and reinforcements for subtle changes in response referred to as a program. In order for shaping to be successful, it is important to clearly define the behavioral objective and target behavior, and to know when to deliver or withhold reinforcement.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-17-2021)

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    wow. you're a 2 bit ann landers wannabe mainstream imbecile. readers digest isn't a religious text dummy.
    The modern equivalent of the Witch Hunt is the Racist Hunt.

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I tried to debate you in comment # 40...
    I'll attempt to debate you again.

Who says racists can't be peaceful or educated!?

Do you think James Watson is out there causing a ruckus & mayhem!?
    Do you think James Watson is an ignorant uneducated dunce!?
    You don't debate, Witold, anymore than your dad debates your mother when he slaps her around.

You've burned almost all the bridges I left open to you. It's your job to rebuild them if you want to have an adult conversation with me. At present, I see you as just a waste of my time, sir. Good luck with your hate because it's going to be a very tough road ahead of you until you figure out you're on the wrong road.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-17-2021)

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Exactly. Trump is an excellent example of what happens when Americans are divided against each other.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-17-2021)