Thread: Raise your hand if you saw this coming

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    So true. How did "culture" and "education" become dirty words among right-leaning trailer park trash? I do agree that it seems to be a function of envy.
    That's it. They lack both culture and education and see no need to remedy that. But it's okay because #LOSER45 loves the poorly-educated. They're his cult.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,615 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 367 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Because the Left has taken a leading position in defining both in America, and like everything else they touch, they've turned it to shit.
    I hope you delete that post to save some face. "The Left" defines culture and education? And culture and education are shit?

You're so hopelessly fucking stupid.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-16-2021)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That is very impressive. Hawaiian is such a beautiful language. One of my language profs showed a video in class of a group in Hawaii working to restore and reclaim it, as well as teaching it to elementary school age children. If I can find it again I'll post it to you in a PM.

Imagine a language where the neuter "it" is not used when talking about a tree, a cliff, a heavenly body, an animal, an insect. This language has few personal slurs like English does, because its speakers don't need them. The words for cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. change according to the relationship of the speaker to the one spoken of. In other words, the word for the sister of my mother (just "aunt" in English) is different than the word for the sister of my father (also aunt). This is Ojibwe.
    I love it. Had you not learned Ojibwe, you might not even be able to express that. In fact, the sister of my mother is not the same as the sister of my father, so why not have different words for them? English developed the words "paternal" and "maternal" to allow a distinction, but it's the same thing. Humans are uniquely gifted among animals to use languages that can get really damn precise. We could grunt or stare or roar or cry, as the less evolved among us do, but we can also use verbal/written communication to express intricate and nuanced ideas. To poo poo that is to disrespect a gift that took a lot of hard work and time and probably some luck to achieve.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-16-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-16-2021)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That's it. They lack both culture and education and see no need to remedy that. But it's okay because #LOSER45 loves the poorly-educated. They're his cult.
    It's going to be a bumpy week. Stay safe. I am in the process of telling everyone I love that I love them. Not because I think they or I are going to die this week but because they deserve to be reminded. We need to fortify our souls. We need to get our vaccines. We need to power through the end of Trumpism and push all of his lying, psychopathic, racist, undereducated, easily manipulated followers back into the closet where they belong. We need to restore our civilization and resume progress. The past five years were bound to happen sooner or later, but they are over. Onward.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Althea (01-16-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-16-2021)

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

I hope you delete that post to save some face. "The Left" defines culture and education? And culture and education are shit?

You're so hopelessly fucking stupid.
    Over 1000 schools in the US now use the 1619 project to teach history. That is, they are teaching creative fiction as history. That's pretty shitty in my opinion...
    https://www.newsweek.com/u-s-schools...months-1530138
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...re/3910221001/
    https://www.fredericknewspost.com/ne...62539f1d4.html

There are schools that use critical pedagogy and the notions of social and economic justice as used by the radical Left to teach students. Critical pedagogy politicizes and propagandizes education. That is the central idea and tenant of it. It think that's a pretty shitty way to educate children.
    https://www.edumaxi.com/what-is-critical-pedagogy/
    http://www.ipedr.com/vol17/14-CHHSS%202011-H00057.pdf

In Hollywood smoking is banned in movies and television, even in period pieces where it might be expected to set the proper tone. That's just a shitty politically correct move.
    https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/ho...ng-1202156534/

It's clear that conservative actors get ostracized in Hollywood. That too is shitty, putting politics ahead of ability.

Across culture and education, the Left has gotten into a position where they are now the people in charge and what they're doing is slowly eliminating all opposed speech and even those they think might oppose their message.

So, I have given some evidence to support my position. What about you? Or, is ad hominem all you have to respond with?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Darth Omar (01-16-2021)

10. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Trump is out of office and Cuomo decides its time to lighten up on COVID restrictions. Lori Lightfoot decides its time for Chicago restaurants to be allowed to open up as though they lived and operated in a free country. And finally, it is decided in a peer reviewed study that the lockdown critics were right after all and that lockdowns and quarantines were an instance of the cure being worse than the disease. Oh and this, on the heels of two COVID vaccines being released *a week* within Biden [perhaps] winning the election. Raise your hand if you’re surprised by none of this.
    Silence! The likes of you may not question anything DEMOCRATS do or say.

11. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I love it. Had you not learned Ojibwe, you might not even be able to express that. In fact, the sister of my mother is not the same as the sister of my father, so why not have different words for them? English developed the words "paternal" and "maternal" to allow a distinction, but it's the same thing. Humans are uniquely gifted among animals to use languages that can get really damn precise. We could grunt or stare or roar or cry, as the less evolved among us do, but we can also use verbal/written communication to express intricate and nuanced ideas. To poo poo that is to disrespect a gift that took a lot of hard work and time and probably some luck to achieve.
    I feel so blessed that we landed here in this place with this wonderful university (NMU). They also offer German, French, Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin I presume although the course catalog doesn't state), and Russian. Hope to sample some of these too before my brain gets too tired of working any more. lol (I had three years of German in h.s. and one of Spanish.)
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's going to be a bumpy week. Stay safe. I am in the process of telling everyone I love that I love them. Not because I think they or I are going to die this week but because they deserve to be reminded. We need to fortify our souls. We need to get our vaccines. We need to power through the end of Trumpism and push all of his lying, psychopathic, racist, undereducated, easily manipulated followers back into the closet where they belong. We need to restore our civilization and resume progress. The past five years were bound to happen sooner or later, but they are over. Onward.
    What a lovely idea. Be well, Diesel.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Diesel (01-17-2021)

14. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,732 Times in 14,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    in other words shes a old bitch taking courses that will mostly be a waste and of little use she just thought it would be cool and sound good, next she will take a course in basket weaving so she can get a masters degree in it and after that she will take a course in the political actions and conversations of grown men using the women's bathroom in order to get a master degree in that also all on the governments dime
    Perhaps you should take a course in punctuation/grammar?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    he is the first total egomaniacal creampuff to hold the office.
    That too.

And flaccid. Don't forget flaccid
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

16. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    If you lived in New York you would know that for the most part restaurants were never fully closed down, it all depends upon location and the area’s infection rate. If the infection rate for your area falls below a set number restrictions are eased, all broken down by zones and zip codes. The population density in New York isn’t West Virginia, precautions are necessary, especially now with a more contagious form of the virus circulating

Interesting how Cuomo received more attention and credit during the entire Covid crisis than Trump so ever since the right has a hard on for New York and Cuomo. If you listen to Fox News on the radio, a day doesn’t go by where they don’t take the time to bash one or the other.
    The Cuomos definitely have their warts, but he was highly acclaimed for his daily Covid pressers while the W.H. was doing nothing but lying.

17. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    "After election day, you'll never hear about COVID again!"
    Not from trump, anyway

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    not surprised you are being a moron in the least. You and your kind are just rabble now
    who were right about covid danger being exaggeratted.

19. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are a complete and thorough moron. The guidelines are the same now that they were before the election.
    Don't blame the fool. He's parroting what bulletbob told him.

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So true. No one outside of NY paid Cuomo any mind until he was getting air time. Then Trumpists said he caused COVID and murdered elderly people. No one outside of CA paid Harris any until she was nominated for VP. Then Trumpists said she was a Nazi who traded sex for her career. They're so predictable it's become boring.
    Anything to deflect attention away from the orange buffoon