Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Professional Ranges

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am a retired chef who almost never leaves the house now, who cooks constantly, and who has plenty of money to spend.... and my current range only five years in should be replaced the experts say...why should I not buy I wolf?
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Buy what you want? If you really want something then buy it. It's worth it to you and you'll be happy.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    Buy what you want? If you really want something then buy it. It's worth it to you and you'll be happy.
    I am researching.

This feels really self indulgent to this raised Midwest lower middle class then conservative boy, who has plenty of money but who is not going to live more than 15 years, but I cant come up with a reason to say no.

I feel like my moms last husband, he who woke up one day and decided to buy a deluxe pick-up truck, because why not....he made the money....and he was going to enjoy his money.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Lightbringer (01-16-2021)

5. #19 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,508 Times in 16,972 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

My parents had a GE trash compactor for longer than I can remember. They gave it to me when I bought my home over 30 years ago. I replaced it (because the rivets started rusting and popping) but it still worked good. It saved me hundreds and hundreds of dollars over the years. I did a search and bought the best rated compactor on the market today. It is made far cheaper, thinner "box", the ram doesn't go down as far as the GE, but still works ok for what it is. It cost over $500 more than the GE did years ago and is much cheaply built. So much for technology, huh?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I am researching.

This feels really self indulgent to this raised Midwest lower middle class then conservative boy, who has plenty of money but who is not going to live more than 15 years, but I cant come up with a reason to say no.

I feel like my moms last husband, he who woke up one day and decided to buy a deluxe pick-up truck, because why not....he made the money....and he was going to enjoy his money.
    You wouldn't be the first dude to ever spend money on something you really want. My wife isn't really happy with the cash I've spent on my video game systems and my kit cars but we do what we do. You got one life, make sure you enjoy it as much as you can so if you want it buy it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (01-16-2021)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You wouldn't be the first dude to ever spend money on something you really want. My wife isn't really happy with the cash I've spent on my video game systems and my kit cars but we do what we do. You got one life, make sure you enjoy it as much as you can so if you want it buy it.
    The end has been an adjustment...I spent a lot of money building an outdoor oasis including a outdoor kitchen and a teak deck koi pond with deluxe waterfall and two nice patio areas that was supposed to be for big parties and family gatherings that almost never now gets enjoyed by anyone other than my wife and I and my two hounds.

I had to decide that we are worth it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My GF wasn't happy when I spent the money on my Cobra. I wanted a classic car and I bought it. I enjoy the hell out of it and she now accepts that fact.
    I'm not sure she'll like how much I'm gonna spend on rebuilding it. I'm going all out with the best of everything. SCAT rotating assembly. Not sure about the
    cam yet, I have to check how strong the valve train (spring pressures, etc.) is and go from there. It looks like it has good strong springs, the valves look
    good as do the retainers. A Racer Brown, Lunati or Crower cam are preferences. I'll probably go with a Melling Hi-Volume oil pump and a stronger shaft, too.
    She probably won't be happy with me again...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    My GF wasn't happy when I spent the money on my Cobra. I wanted a classic car and I bought it. I enjoy the hell out of it and she now accepts that fact.
    I'm not sure she'll like how much I'm gonna spend on rebuilding it. I'm going all out with the best of everything. SCAT rotating assembly. Not sure about the
    cam yet, I have to check how strong the valve train (spring pressures, etc.) is and go from there. It looks like it has good strong springs, the valves look
    good as do the retainers. A Racer Brown, Lunati or Crower cam are preferences. I'll probably go with a Melling Hi-Volume oil pump and a stronger shaft, too.
    She probably won't be happy with me again...
    You do know that whether or not you break up with that woman depends on how bad ass the car turns out?

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You do know that whether or not you break up with that woman depends on how bad ass the car turns out?
    It's no doubt it'll turn out bad ass. I will be taking the side pipes to a friend for a new Jet-Hot coating, then when it's all put back together I'm having it ceramic coated (two coats).
    I doubt she'll like how much I spend on it, but it won't tear us apart. She'll get over it, just like she did when I bought a $70,000+ Cobra. I"m thinking I'll only be spending
    around $15,000 or so for the rebuild. She thinks it'll be around $20,000 so if it's cheaper, she'll be happy...I hope.

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's no doubt it'll turn out bad ass. I will be taking the side pipes to a friend for a new Jet-Hot coating, then when it's all put back together I'm having it ceramic coated (two coats).
    I doubt she'll like how much I spend on it, but it won't tear us apart. She'll get over it, just like she did when I bought a $70,000+ Cobra. I"m thinking I'll only be spending
    around $15,000 or so for the rebuild. She thinks it'll be around $20,000 so if it's cheaper, she'll be happy...I hope.
    Understanding your woman is critically important but here the thing...I have seen you claim that women are unknowable.

What gives?

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Understanding your woman is critically important but here the thing...I have seen you claim that women are unknowable.

What gives?
    Where have I claimed that? Show me...

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wolf is made in Madison where as almost all ranges, even expensive ones, are made in China.

Seems like this matters especially since I grew up with-in about an hour from there by car.

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Where have I claimed that? Show me...
    Dont be a DICK.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dont be a DICK.
    I'm not being a DICK by asking for references to your accusations.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm not being a DICK by asking for references to your accusations.
    I am not going to run around the block on your instructions proving what I know you said.

MAN UP