CNN Anchor Alisyn Camerota: It's Time to Stop Putting 'Delusional' Trump Supporters on Air

CNN's Alisyn Camerota is no longer interested in interviewing supporters of President Donald Trump who spout baseless conspiracy theories or unconditional loyalty.

"Now, at the end of Trump's term and after the deadly Capitol insurrection, I think the time for listening to present-day Trump supporters is over," she wrote in a new CNN.com op-ed published Friday. "There is nothing that anyone in this destructive and delusional group can teach the rest of us about being open-minded and tolerant."

She pointed to the Trump voter panels she regularly convened for the network's morning show, "New Day." Since she started doing them five years ago, some of Camerota's panels have gone viral because participants have said blatantly untrue things or vowed fealty to Trump with shocking verve.

"Since 2015, I've listened closely to Trump supporters' feelings and motivations. I've drawn insights from every one of my panelists on the appeal of Donald Trump as a disruptor, how they believed he was 'a fighter' for them, how they believed his success in business would translate into lifting the US economy." she wrote. "I hoped the panels could model civil discourse and how to hear each other. But a week after the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, I'm rethinking my position."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cn...TMG?li=BBnbfcL

Anyone who believes Donald Trump is a successful businessman doesn't know anything about finance, business or Trump's multiple business failures.