Quote Originally Posted by modelcitizen View Post
I've never been on a board that allowed the Thread Starter to ban people from the threads. That's typically been a moderator function. I suggest the board get rid of that. What's the point of creating a thread when you're going to ban people from discussing the topic?
Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Oven View Post
Some people are idiots. I consider the feature a test of character. Those that use it need more good character.
In fact, often the best way to prove a person is stupid is to let them prove it to everyone else not just claim they are stupid, a troll or anything else.
It's one thing to thread ban habitual trolls.
Quote Originally Posted by Phantasist View Post
I ban people.
Then I’m a coward and proud of it. I will ignore them and ban them.
Guess which Legion Troll gets banned from my threads from now on!
Quote Originally Posted by ThatFowlWoman View Post
I often have a thread ban list when I start a thread.
It's a good way to cut down on trolls who only show up to start flame wars or derail the topic.
If you're trying to have a serious discussion, whether it's off-topic or about politics, there are some who just cannot act like adults and should be excluded.
I thread-ban the known trolls and the more virulent racists like TDAK, TOP, CFM, Legion, USF, H. Moron, etc. They exist only to hijack a discussion and turn it into a new segment of their ongoing vendettas with normal ppl.
Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Lizard View Post
I don't allow racists, or haters in.
Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Does not seem cowardly to me. Like other mature adults who respect social etiquette, it just makes sense to exclude known racists, belligerent bigots, girlish gossipers, and libelers from civilized conversation.
Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
I only ban obvious trolls and posters who blatantly engage in overt racism, misogyny, bigotry, libel, and slander. Those are not forms of "free speech" and they are not even remotely close to conventional political speech. The only reason anyone could make it onto my thread ban list is if they are either a troll, or they are a terrible human being.
Quote Originally Posted by Somad View Post
There are a handful of posters here who are such good-for-nothing trolls they don't deserve to be allowed to post in my threads. Or anyone else's either. Ergo, I ban only them from every thread I start.
I thread banned his ass so he couldn't shit the place up with his stinking shit.
JPP = filthy right wing toilet. Primarily because the JPP admin allows multiple accounts or "sock puppets", as well as unlimited thread banning by OP's. Congratulations. And before you Trumptard puke bags start flapping your chancre infected lips about the hypocrisy of me talking about thread banning in a thread where I banned every one of you I could think of, all I can say is.... enjoy the taste of your own medicine, shit bags.
Quote Originally Posted by ShitTalker View Post
It is every poster's option to ban as many others as he/she decides. It is an exaggeration to say that anyone here is 'banning everyone.'
Quote Originally Posted by Mcslobber View Post
Banning all the idiots is the best first line of defense.
Quote Originally Posted by loon View Post
I've never put anybody on ' Ignore ' but my reserve thread ban serves useful purposes. Once you've been a member for some considerable time here you can anticipate the reaction of the forum trolls to any given topic. Sometimes you might want to investigate a topic with other reasonable members and so you post your ban to eliminate the dross from your thread
Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Stoople View Post
I don’t think I’ve ever thread banned or ignored anyone on JPP though obviously due to the Mods permitting trolling in APP you would have to thread ban to have an intelligent conversation.
Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post

The trolls often derail the thread. I think banning trolls is fine.
Quote Originally Posted by Chancre View Post
If you want to have an off topic discussion here you normally have to ban a few out necessity.
Quote Originally Posted by BidenUsurper View Post
There are trolls who trash threads. This is a way to enable rational discourse.
Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
I will not ban anyone from my threads. I myself don't see the point of creating a thread about a subject and them banning people.