1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,957 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Marine Corps General tells Pelosi to pound sand

Marine Corps. Rebukes Pelosi: “WE DON’T WORK FOR YOU!”

“Don’t lecture me on patriotism, Madam Speaker. I’ve served this country with distinction for 40 years. I’ve spilled blood for our nation. What have you, a self-serving elected official, done for your country?” Gen. Berger said.

Pelosi further enraged him by saying he was answerable to Congress.

“I answer only to the president, and as I understand it, Donald J. Trump is still president and commander-in-chief. I abide in the Constitution as it was written, not your interpretation of it,” Gen. Berger admonished Pelosi."

https://realrawnews.com/2021/01/mari...-work-for-you/

I salute this General as a true patriot.

2. The Following 7 Users Groan At Lionfish For This Awful Post:

Charoite (01-16-2021), christiefan915 (01-17-2021), cloud9 (01-15-2021), Hoosier Daddy (01-15-2021), Mott the Hoople (01-17-2021), Phantasmal (01-17-2021), signalmankenneth (01-15-2021)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Celticguy (01-15-2021), CFM (01-15-2021), Hermes Thoth (01-17-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-15-2021), Trumpet (01-15-2021)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post

“Don’t lecture me on patriotism, Madam Speaker. I’ve served this country with distinction for 40 years. I’ve spilled blood for our nation. What have you, a self-serving elected official, done for your country?” Gen. Berger said.

“I answer only to the president, and as I understand it, Donald J. Trump is still president and commander-in-chief. I abide in the Constitution as it was written, not your interpretation of it,” Gen. Berger admonished Pelosi."

Funny, how his "self serving" words could easily apply to tRump as well.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

7. The Following User Groans At Tacomaman For This Awful Post:

Eagle_Eye (01-15-2021)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

Hoosier Daddy (01-15-2021), Trumpet (01-15-2021)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

BTW, this never happened. Pelosi has forgotten more about the law and the constitution than the OP ever knew. She would not have requested U.S. military for domestic protection; that's what the National Guard does, and is doing.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

CASPER (01-17-2021), christiefan915 (01-17-2021), Doc Dutch (01-15-2021), Phantasmal (01-15-2021), Tacomaman (01-15-2021), Trumpet (01-15-2021)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    Funny, how his "self serving" words could easily apply to tRump as well.
    Sorry for your continuing TDS.

12. The Following User Groans At Lionfish For This Awful Post:

Hoosier Daddy (01-15-2021)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

This one really IS thick, isn't he? In six days it'll be treason, kiddiewink, but I suppose you're too drugged up to see so far ahead!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Tacomaman (01-15-2021), Trumpet (01-15-2021)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    This one really IS thick, isn't he? In six days it'll be treason, kiddiewink, but I suppose you're too drugged up to see so far ahead!
    The OP went completely over your head.

May I suggest Pelosi is not the one to call out the troops. Brush up on her duties not what she imagines they are.

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

The OP went completely over your head.

May I suggest Pelosi is not the one to call out the troops. Brush up on her duties not what she imagines they are.
    Grow up and buy a calendar, altkampfer.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-15-2021), Trumpet (01-15-2021)

18. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Commandant is correct. That said, don't expect him to follow an unlawful order to attack American citizens.

I thought RWNJ Trump supporters didn't like anonymous sources? FWIW, only a few thousand NG troops are necessary to take down any Trump idiots attacking the Capitol. Most will be used as guards around various critical buildings and monuments since Trump's Traitors can attack anywhere in DC.

From the anonymous source link:
    A Pentagon source speaking under promise of anonymity told Real Raw News that Pelosicontacted Gen. Berger late Monday night, and she beseeched him to commit 5,000 troops to help ensure a peaceful transition of power and to prevent a repeat of the Jan 6 siege of the Capitol. Gen. Berger, our source said, didn’t understand why Pelosi needed additional soldiers to augment an already impressive force assembled by federal and state officials. That force includes 15,000 National Guard from D.C., Delaware, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, and an undisclosed number of FBI and DHS agents who arrived in D.C. Sunday night.

Pelosi said she wanted “battle ready” reinforcements because “radicalized Trump supporters and kooky Qanon conspiracy people” were about to converge on D.C. She implored him to reconsider, arguing that it was the general’s patriotic duty to quell uprisings and guarantee Biden’s ascension to the Oval Office.

Her statement made the general explode, our source said.

“I answer only to the president, and as I understand it, Donald J. Trump is still president and commander-in-chief. I abide in the Constitution as it was written, not your interpretation of it,” Gen. Berger admonished Pelosi.

Quoting our source, “When her intimidation tactic failed to sway Gen. Berger, Pelosi tried a different tactic: Begging and flattery.”

Pelosi claimed that the National Guard’s “weekend warriors” were ill-prepared to repel an army of “mad Trumpists.” Battle-hardened marines, however, were more capable of defeating “rabble rousers,” she said. “You have the best trained soldiers in the world, and America needs them.”

Gen. Berger was unmoved. The only way Marines would be deployed, he told her, was if President Trump himself issued that order.

“If you want us to help combat his supporters, I suggest you get him on the phone and tell him that. If he orders me to, I will. Otherwise, I suggest you listen really hard to the words escaping your cracked, poisonous lips; they’re tantamount to treason. We don’t work for you,” Gen. Berger allegedly told her.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Eagle_Eye (01-15-2021), Lionfish (01-15-2021)

20. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    BTW, this never happened. Pelosi has forgotten more about the law and the constitution than the OP ever knew. She would not have requested U.S. military for domestic protection; that's what the National Guard does, and is doing.

to be fair her forgetfulness is directly related to all that hooch she drinks.

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm leery that it's a legit story and strongly doubt the Commandant of the Marine Corps would disrespect the Speaker of the House.

Even if she did ask, his answer would more likely be a simple, "No ma'am, we can't do that without the orders of the Commander in Chief."

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-17-2021), Concart (01-15-2021), Phantasmal (01-15-2021), Tacomaman (01-15-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-15-2021)

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I'm leery that it's a legit story and strongly doubt the Commandant of the Marine Corps would disrespect the Speaker of the House.

Even if she did ask, his answer would more likely be a simple, "No ma'am, we can't do that without the orders of the Commander in Chief."
    Exactly. Notice how it's not sourced, and did you catch the SendMeMoMoney blurb at the bottom? It's a blog, for crying out loud. But I'm sure the OP tard not only believes this rot but also sent money to "support the truth."

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-15-2021), Phantasmal (01-15-2021), Trumpet (01-15-2021)

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,526 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

As is every man and woman who has taken the oath.
    I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-15-2021), Phantasmal (01-15-2021)

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Exactly. Notice how it's not sourced, and did you catch the SendMeMoMoney blurb at the bottom? It's a blog, for crying out loud. But I'm sure the OP tard not only believes this rot but also sent money to "support the truth."
    It appears that not all of Trump's fans are idiots. They are learning from Trump on how to fleece and fuck over Trumpeteers.

BTW, have you seen any Trumpeteers quoting the Commandant on masks and vaccinations? Me neither. LOL

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-15-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-15-2021), Trumpet (01-15-2021)

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Correct. The story is total BS, and the 'new guy' fell for it.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

no worries (01-17-2021), Phantasmal (01-15-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-15-2021)