Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blue state exodus could flip the political map upside down

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    I think the growth of black voters in GA does it. -but no doubt the California locusts have fucked up AZ and are fucking up TX as well
    You lied about getting an unsolicited mail-in ballot, so you have no credibility.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Spametta View Post
    Are you unaware of who has been POTUS these last four years?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Vagina 426 View Post
    I'm old enough to remember 9 years ago, when you all made the exact same argument about California and it turned out net migration out of CA over a ten year period was just 50,000 people.
    More people are leaving California than moving here, continuing a trend that coupled with fewer births has slowed the growth rate in the nation’s most populous state to a record low.

State officials base their population estimates on a number of sources, including birth and death counts, the number of new driver’s licenses and address changes, school enrollments and federal income tax returns.

Walter Schwarm, a demographer with the state Department of Finance, said California’s net increase from international immigration has fallen every year since 2017.

But immigration and emigration are not the sole reasons for California’s slowing growth. The data shows more people are dying and fewer people are having children. That’s partly because California’s population is getting older, leaving fewer people who are more likely to have kids.

“We’re missing 100,000 people that would normally be there every year because the birth rate has slowed down,” Schwarm said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/californias-growth-rate-at-record-low-as-more-people-leave.html

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Is that accurate though? We have 40 million people living in California and not a small number of them on welfare.
    Fair enough, let me clarify..... there are a higher percentage of welfare recipients in the South. And there is almost no difference in the percentage of people on welfare in urban areas vs. rural areas. In fact, a greater percentage of rural kids are on welfare.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Is that accurate though? We have 40 million people living in California and not a small number of them on welfare.
    Per total state population the rural south has more retirees and people on welfare. California has more people than most of the south put together, minus Florida. Retirees move warmer more often than not. They'd be moving to California too if a retiree salary wasn't a pipe dream to cover California living.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Most people who are on welfare live in the South. You know, in Red states. You're welcome.
    I guess that's why out of the top 10 congressional district with the most food stamp users, 7 are in the North, 2 are in the South, and 1 in California. ALL top 10 are represented by Democrats and ALL have a majority black and/or Hispanic population

#1 on the list (NY 15) is represented by newly elected Democrat Ritchie Torres and once represented by tax cheat Charlie Rangel, 94% black or Hispanic, and has a almost half (44.4%) of its residents relying on taxpayers to eat.

#2 - Pennsylvania 2. Represented by Democrat Brendan Boyle, 53% black or Hispanic, and a 32.7% use of food stamps.

#3 - NY 13. Represented by Democrat Adriano Espaillat, 84% black or Hispanic, and a 27.3% use of food stamps.

#4 - Michigan 13. Represented by Democrat Rashida Raghead Tlaib, 64% black or Hispanic, and a 26.1% use of food stamps.

#5 - Florida 24, the first state in the South. Represented by Democrat Frederica Cowgirl Wilson, 88% black or Hispanic, and a 25.8% use of food stamps.

#6 - Texas 34, the second and last of the top 10 in the South. Represented by Democrat Filemon Vela, Jr., 95% black or Hispanic, and a 24.4% use of food stamps

#7 - NY 8. Represented by Hakeem Jeffries, 70% black or Hispanic, and a 23.8% use of food stamps.

#8 - California 16. Represented by Democrat Jim Costa, 64% black or Hispanic, and a 23.7% use of food stamps.

#9 - Ohio 11. Represented by Democrat Marcia Fudge(packer), 57% black or Hispanic, and a 23.2% use of food stamps.

#10 - Pennsylvania 3. Represented by Democrat Dwight Evans, 59% black or Hispanic, and a 22.9% use of food stamps.

It took until #14 (W. Virginia 3rd) on the most food stamp use list to get to one represented by a Republican and it's not in the South.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Who says they're escaping? No one. You're trying to frame it that way when the reality is that the whole country is getting bluer because it's getting younger.
    there is a popuilation shift from NY to Florida and CA to AZ

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

there is a popuilation shift from NY to Florida and CA to AZ
    Yeah, and CA is also growing itself...I'm old enough to remember you misrepresenting the 50,000 net migrants out of CA...over a ten year period...as something different.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Charoite View Post
    Per total state population the rural south has more retirees and people on welfare. California has more people than most of the south put together, minus Florida. Retirees move warmer more often than not. They'd be moving to California too if a retiree salary wasn't a pipe dream to cover California living.
    Percentage basis is different than total numbers, which he later clarified. You can add up the population of many Southern states and it doesn't equal California's.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,220 Times in 13,953 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    win-win situation then......let's start tomorrow.......
    Can’t, Trump blew all the Wall money on his southern folly

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“But as people leave the blue states for the red states, what they’re not doing is changing the way they vote, making the red states more purple than they were before,” added Fox Business' DeAngelis.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...-states-purple

ironically, many are fleeing from restrictive policies only to bring their blue votes with them, which could reinstate the stifling regulations they sought to escape and prop up what could be a liberal domino effect.
    The first thing anyone should know about anatta and his posts is that he's a fucking liar and he is withholding the full truth.

He lied about COVID, he lied about Russia, he lied about getting an unsolicited mail-in ballot, and he lied about election fraud.

Every single post of his was to advance Russian Active Measures, as DHS warned us about.

12. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-17-2021)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Althea (01-15-2021)

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Vagina 426 View Post
    CA is also growing itself.
    Not according to the Census.

California did experience very strong population growth during the latter years of the 20th century due to post-World War II flows of people from other states and later from other nations. The domestic and foreign migrants tended to be young, so their impact was magnified by increases in births.

During the 1980s alone, the combined effects of a strong economy, a tidal wave of mostly foreign immigration and a baby boom added six million souls to California.

Population growth slowed markedly during the 1990s, thanks largely to out-migration after Southern California’s aerospace/defense industry collapsed, then dropped to a relative trickle. It was as if someone flipped a switch as California entered the 21st century.

Births are declining, deaths are increasing (and not just because of COVID-19), we lose more people to other states than we gain, and foreign immigration is scant.

New Census Bureau estimates, released in late December, reveal that California actually saw a population loss in the year that ended on July 1 of about 69,000 residents, which translates into just a 5.7% gain since the 2010 census, much lower than the nation as a whole.

California’s 170 years of strong population growth have ended and we may have joined other states in the Northeast and upper Midwest whose populations have declined.

California gained just one congressional seat after the 2000 census, saw no gain after the 2010 census for the first time and is now poised to lose at least one seat and perhaps even two.

There’s much more to California’s demographic flip than congressional seats, however.

For one thing, a stagnant or declining population means we have a state that’s tilting generationally, with the elderly making up a rapidly growing cohort. That, in turn, means a smaller number of potential workers, a declining number of children and thus declining student enrollments. It also means fewer customers for retail businesses and, potentially, less pressure to build more housing, fewer cars on the road and other economic impacts.

All of these effects obviously will have policy and political ramifications. Not only will California have to adjust to having fewer members of Congress, for example, but within the state we will see shifts of political representation, largely from coastal communities which are seeing little or no growth to inland regions that are still growing, albeit slowly. That shift will become clearer when legislative and congressional districts are redrawn by the state’s redistricting commission this year.

https://calmatters.org/commentary/2021/01/californias-population-declining-census-congress-politics/

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Are you unaware of who has been POTUS these last four years?
    are you unaware how stupid you fucks have been the last four years......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Anonymous View Post
    Who told you that?
    guano.......he posts it every other day......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,032 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    thy will turn states blue like Georgia along with the demographic shift , they won't become uneducated white christians
    Yep. Because only people whose kids are grown are fleeing to states that don't fund education. In essence, the new arrivals will be much smarter than those who have mothers who are their sisters.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.