Thread: Rex Savages the X-President as Uninformed and Easily Distracted

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf Rex Savages the X-President as Uninformed and Easily Distracted

Good to see ppl finally coming out & speaking their minds finally......

I guess trump did not hand out enough of those non-disclosures..

By Claudia Harmata January 14, 2021 05:38 PM

In a new interview, former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had nothing nice to say about what President Donald Trump will be leaving behind next week.

Speaking with Foreign Policy, Tillerson — a former ExxonMobil executive who served as Trump's first secretary of state from 2017 to 2018 before being fired; and who faced his own criticism — said that, in his view, "nothing worked out" with Trump's foreign policy decisions.

"We squandered the best opportunity we had on North Korea. It was just blown up when he took the meeting with Kim [Jong Un], and that was one of the last straws between him and I," Tillerson told Foreign Policy. "With [Russia's Vladimir] Putin, we didn't get anything done. We're nowhere with China on national security."

"We're in a worse place today than we were before he came in, and I didn't think that was possible," Tillerson, 68, added.

There's little love lost between the president and his former top diplomat: Tillerson, echoing previous statements about working for Trump, said that the president is grossly limited in his "understanding of global events, his understanding of global history" and hamstrung by his own attention span.

"It's really hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn't even understand the concept for why we're talking about this," Tillerson said.

He went on: "I had to constantly evaluate my last conversations with [the president] — what seemed to resonate, what seemed to get across, what didn't — and I would try different approaches with him. I used to go into meetings with a list of four to five things I needed to talk to him about, and I quickly learned that if I got to three, it was a home run, and I realized getting two that were meaningful was probably the best objective."

Tillerson even began bringing charts and pictures into his meetings with Trump, 74, because he found that those "seemed to hold his attention better," he said.

The president could not even hold a sustained conversation, according to Tillerson.

"If I could put a photo or a picture in front of him or a map or a piece of paper that had two big bullet points on it, he would focus on that, and I could build on that," Tillerson said. "Just sitting and trying to have a conversation as you and I are having just doesn't work."

Because, Tillerson said, he had such a hard time briefing the president, he feels that many of Trump's decisions on foreign policy — such as withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and imposing tariffs on imports from China — were not well informed.

Tillerson also told Foreign Policy that much of his struggle with Trump came from other people who "had access to his ear."

"I think that was as big a challenge as anything. There were other people giving him information that was not accurate, every day, usually before I got to see him," he said. "First thing in the morning and not from people inside the White House. It was really frustrating."

When it comes to President-elect Joe Biden and his incoming administration, Tillerson warned that he feels China will be their biggest issue.

"I have a fear that we will come to military conflict with China within the decade and it will be when they make their move on Taiwan," he explained. "They've been putting all of their pieces in place for a long time now to do that, and that is [Chinese President Xi Jinping's] legacy, to reunite China."

"I think it's Xi's plan to raise the stakes so significantly to U.S. military losses that the American people will say, 'Wait a minute, we're going to incur thousands of casualties to save Taiwan. Why would we do that?' And then China will get it de facto, or we'll have a really ugly war in the Pacific," he added. "So I think they've got to deal with China's military ambitions."
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Let us add Rex to the long list of Trump's own staff and cabinet members who think he is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    ‘Idiot,’ ‘Dope,’ ‘Moron’, 'Dumb as Shit': How Trump’s own aides have insulted the boss

• Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Trump had the understanding of “a fifth- or sixth-grader,”

• White House chief of staff John Kelly called Trump “an idiot” and said he thought the president was “unhinged,”

• Omarosa Manigault Newman, who was the highest-ranking African-American staffer in the West Wing, claimed that Trump is a “racist, misogynist and bigot.”

• Both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and former chief of staff Reince Priebus called Trump an “idiot,”

• Former economic adviser Gary Cohn said Trump was “dumb as shit,”

• Former national security adviser H.R. McMaster said the president was a “dope,”

• Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said in November 2017 that Trump was “like an 11-year-old child,”

• Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in July 2017 called Trump a “moron,”

• At a dinner in July 2017, McMaster mocked Trump, also calling him an “idiot,”

• At the dinner, which was with Oracle CEO Safra Catz, McMaster also said Trump was a “dope” with the intelligence of a “kindergartner,”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...oodward-806455

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-15-2021), Guno צְבִי (01-14-2021), Phantasmal (01-15-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

So sad & so true..........

Pretty clear now they were all correct & his fans??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

No reason to be wonky about it. I knew before day one he was incompetent. And I know that he planned and orchestrated the capitol
    stupidity. I know this for the reason there was no endgame, no plan at all. Only a moron would just send bonehead Republican scum in without an agenda.

DUH OK we are in now boss , what now?

"Hell if I know."- Rump

The insurrectionist fecal matter had no idea they would actually get into the capitol anymore than Trump thought he would be president.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,820 Times in 17,256 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

It did not take long for people to see they were dealing with a very dim man. They had to simplify everything like they were talking to a child. It helped to use pictures. He also did not learn much.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

We squandered the best opportunity we had on North Korea. It was just blown up when he took the meeting with Kim [Jong Un], and that was one of the last straws between him and I," Tillerson told Foreign Policy. "With [Russia's Vladimir] Putin, we didn't get anything done. We're nowhere with China on national security."
    LMAO.. talk about sourgrapes.. when did Trump get a chance to do a Russian reset?
    Oh wait he was a VICTIM of the Russian hoax!
    Even TALKING to Putin in a diplomatic manner got him called a "Russian asset"

as to China we are confronting them with hard power -i see no mention of soft power from Tillerson or anyone else

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    LMAO.. talk about sourgrapes.. when did Trump get a chance to do a Russian reset?
    Oh wait he was a VICTIM of the Russian hoax!
    Even TALKING to Putin in a diplomatic manner got him called a "Russian asset"

as to China we are confronting them with hard power -i see no mention of soft power from Tillerson or anyone else
    trump is probably the dumbest president ever, even beyond reagan and gomer bush. but at least reagan and gomer were basically decent men, and trump is the most corrupt, immoral president in history, too. when trump first declared bankruptcy, he met with the bankers and investors to work out a plan. all of them were amazed at how stupid and clueless he was about financing, and debt management, and the English language, in general. His professors have commented on what a stupid fuck he was while getting his bachelors at Wharton, just his bachelors. how this slimy douchebag got elected still amazes me, but not quite as much as the fact they are still such stupid shit americans around who still support him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

Rune (01-17-2021)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    trump is probably the dumbest president ever, even beyond reagan and gomer bush. but at least reagan and gomer were basically decent men, and trump is the most corrupt, immoral president in history, too. when trump first declared bankruptcy, he met with the bankers and investors to work out a plan. all of them were amazed at how stupid and clueless he was about financing, and debt management, and the English language, in general. His professors have commented on what a stupid fuck he was while getting his bachelors at Wharton, just his bachelors. how this slimy douchebag got elected still amazes me, but not quite as much as the fact they are still such stupid shit americans around who still support him.
    off topic rant...fuck off

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Let us add Rex to the long list of Trump's own staff and cabinet members who think he is a moron.
    Trump supporters believe that our criticism of Trump is biased, but when was the last time so many of a president's own former staffers and cabinet members criticized him? When was the last time so many retired politicians from his own party criticized him? Trump's True Believers can't deny this.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Trump supporters believe that our criticism of Trump is biased, but when was the last time so many of a president's own former staffers and cabinet members criticized him? When was the last time so many retired politicians from his own party criticized him? Trump's True Believers can't deny this.
    My theory: the remaining dead-ender Trumpists are a cult. They would sing the praises of a Tillerson, a John Kelly until they made the mortal sin of calling Dear Leader a moron.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My theory: the remaining dead-ender Trumpists are a cult. They would sing the praises of a Tillerson, a John Kelly until they made the mortal sin of calling Dear Leader a moron.
    rofl..we were always a cult to dems
    Tillerson is way off base on his charges here

14. The Following User Groans At dukkha For This Awful Post:

Rune (01-17-2021)

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    rofl..we were always a cult to dems
    Tillerson is way off base on his charges here
    You used to be a fan of Tillerson and defended him, right up until he called Dear Leader a moron and got himself fired

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-15-2021)

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,137 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Good to see ppl finally coming out & speaking their minds finally......

I guess trump did not hand out enough of those non-disclosures..

By Claudia Harmata January 14, 2021 05:38 PM

In a new interview, former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had nothing nice to say about what President Donald Trump will be leaving behind next week.

Speaking with Foreign Policy, Tillerson — a former ExxonMobil executive who served as Trump's first secretary of state from 2017 to 2018 before being fired; and who faced his own criticism — said that, in his view, "nothing worked out" with Trump's foreign policy decisions.

"We squandered the best opportunity we had on North Korea. It was just blown up when he took the meeting with Kim [Jong Un], and that was one of the last straws between him and I," Tillerson told Foreign Policy. "With [Russia's Vladimir] Putin, we didn't get anything done. We're nowhere with China on national security."

"We're in a worse place today than we were before he came in, and I didn't think that was possible," Tillerson, 68, added.

There's little love lost between the president and his former top diplomat: Tillerson, echoing previous statements about working for Trump, said that the president is grossly limited in his "understanding of global events, his understanding of global history" and hamstrung by his own attention span.

"It's really hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn't even understand the concept for why we're talking about this," Tillerson said.

He went on: "I had to constantly evaluate my last conversations with [the president] — what seemed to resonate, what seemed to get across, what didn't — and I would try different approaches with him. I used to go into meetings with a list of four to five things I needed to talk to him about, and I quickly learned that if I got to three, it was a home run, and I realized getting two that were meaningful was probably the best objective."

Tillerson even began bringing charts and pictures into his meetings with Trump, 74, because he found that those "seemed to hold his attention better," he said.

The president could not even hold a sustained conversation, according to Tillerson.

"If I could put a photo or a picture in front of him or a map or a piece of paper that had two big bullet points on it, he would focus on that, and I could build on that," Tillerson said. "Just sitting and trying to have a conversation as you and I are having just doesn't work."

Because, Tillerson said, he had such a hard time briefing the president, he feels that many of Trump's decisions on foreign policy — such as withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and imposing tariffs on imports from China — were not well informed.

Tillerson also told Foreign Policy that much of his struggle with Trump came from other people who "had access to his ear."

"I think that was as big a challenge as anything. There were other people giving him information that was not accurate, every day, usually before I got to see him," he said. "First thing in the morning and not from people inside the White House. It was really frustrating."

When it comes to President-elect Joe Biden and his incoming administration, Tillerson warned that he feels China will be their biggest issue.

"I have a fear that we will come to military conflict with China within the decade and it will be when they make their move on Taiwan," he explained. "They've been putting all of their pieces in place for a long time now to do that, and that is [Chinese President Xi Jinping's] legacy, to reunite China."

"I think it's Xi's plan to raise the stakes so significantly to U.S. military losses that the American people will say, 'Wait a minute, we're going to incur thousands of casualties to save Taiwan. Why would we do that?' And then China will get it de facto, or we'll have a really ugly war in the Pacific," he added. "So I think they've got to deal with China's military ambitions."
    This was early on, did any of them sit down with Mitch and voice their concerns. Would it do any good because Mitch loved the distraction so he could get his judges. It’s disgusting.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-15-2021)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You used to be a fan of Tillerson and defended him, right up until he called the Cult leader a moron and got himself fired
    i did. i thought he would bring in some needed expertise in getting sanctions lifted from Russia.
    The Russian Hoax took care of that - and the fact Tillerson disagreed with pulling out of the Iran deal
    I also think he wnted the US to get into the Qatar /KSA dispute

He also pulled a Bolton over NK talks

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    This was early on, did any of them sit down with Mitch and voice their concerns. Would it do any good because Mitch loved the distraction so he could get his judges. It’s disgusting.
    the ole washington 2 step LMFAO poor liberal cry babies