Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: “Trump won’t say the one thing that could really calm down his followers”

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth Omar,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I’ll settle for changing the way we do elections.

Our election ‘laws’ and the way we hold elections are an international embarrassment.
    I disagree. It's 50 separate elections. The States run them as they see fit. The only changes I would like to see would encourage more voting, not less. Republican voter suppression is out of hand. We know why they do that. The larger the election, the less chance Republicans have to win. Trump lost because he motivated more people to vote against him than for him.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jerome (01-15-2021)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    There are certainly a lot of elements it was planned, meaning the attack on the Capitol was premeditated and coordinated.

A mob's IQ is inversely correlated with the size of the mob. You can't easily stop a stampede, but you can easily start one.

Remember a few old westerns which used a cattle stampede to wipe out the "injuns" or the "settlers"? The goal was to initiate a stampede toward an objective, a target. Then all that needed to be done was 1) stay out of the way and 2) either follow close behind to achieve further objectives or remain well clear to avoid further risks or consequences.

Starting a stampede requires elements. In a cattle stampede, the more cattle the better. Scare them so much they run on pure emotion. For cattle, fear is the best emotion to motivate because it, like a virus, it spreads fast and takes over any thoughts of caution. They panic.

People are easily motivated by fear but they are also easily motivated by anger. Anger that has been whipped up for almost 30 years. Trump didn't build that anger, but as he has so often done, he's exploited it for his own benefit. Since it benefitted him, he's spent the past four years maximizing it. The attack on the Capitol was his masterpiece. The final act of a showman so great that he won't easily be forgotten.

Here's the funniest part. Salesmanship is Trump's superpower. He's not very smart otherwise. He sees weaknesses and exploits them to his own end. Past that, he's a big blob that harms everyone around him, including his own family. Trump did what he always does; pass the work down and take any credit when he likes. He'll throw Other People's Money at the problem but spending as little as possible of his own. Hire someone to take care of it, even his own kid, then walk away like the Stormy Daniels "problem".

IMO, worked backwards, this chain will prove to be the undoing of someone in the Trump family. My #1 pick is Junior with Ivanka as #2. She's certainly got what a lot of Trump's idiots would die for.

Jared is the smartest and, like Pence, turn a blind eye and walk away. Just my two cents worth.
    Trump is the living epitome of Alexander Hamilton's concern:

Hamilton: "The truth unquestionably is, that the only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion. Tired at length of anarchy, or want of government, they may take shelter in the arms of monarchy for repose and security.

Those then, who resist a confirmation of public order, are the true Artificers of monarchy—not that this is the intention of the generality of them. Yet it would not be difficult to lay the finger upon some of their party who may justly be suspected. When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the advantage of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may “ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”"
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-15-2021)

5. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    thanks for proving you've got nothing to say......
    I already said it in my original post, you moron. You injected yourself into the conversation and began screeching.

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Trump said the one thing we the reasonable want him to say I don't think it would calm down his most ardent followers.

It would probably set them off.

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Not that it would matter, for the reasons I stated above, but did you even wonder why no one else involved in the 2020 election is seemingly still crying they were robbed, that the election was fixed? Democrats and Republicans won and lost, but it seems Trump is the only candidate echoing it was all fixed against him. Is it just coincidental that Trump is the only loser crying today over supposed fraudulent elections?
    Never wondered why any other republicans lost at all. It’s a silly question.

Did someone else have big leads that evaporated in important swing states?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,767 Times in 33,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Never wondered why any other republicans lost at all. It’s a silly question.

Did someone else have big leads that evaporated in important swing states?
    61, still passing conspiracy theories has learned nothing. Willful ignorance.

9. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth Omar,

I disagree. It's 50 separate elections. The States run them as they see fit. The only changes I would like to see would encourage more voting, not less. Republican voter suppression is out of hand. We know why they do that. The larger the election, the less chance Republicans have to win. Trump lost because he motivated more people to vote against him than for him.
    That’s the narrative.

We need more uniformity from state to state. States shouldn’t be able to arbitrarily bend rules/make new rules ‘cuz COVID’; it’s ridiculous that a FL can be done counting relatively early while other states stop counting/start counting and it drags on through the wee hours of the morning. That sort of thing invites skepticism on the part of voters.

And it’s an international embarrassment. Even Putin was mocking us.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    61, still passing conspiracy theories has learned nothing. Willful ignorance.
    Trump’s lead in the swing states didn’t evaporate over night lol?

What planet were you watching from?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Into the Night (01-16-2021)

12. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Trump is the living epitome of Alexander Hamilton's concern:

Hamilton: "The truth unquestionably is, that the only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion. Tired at length of anarchy, or want of government, they may take shelter in the arms of monarchy for repose and security.

Those then, who resist a confirmation of public order, are the true Artificers of monarchy—not that this is the intention of the generality of them. Yet it would not be difficult to lay the finger upon some of their party who may justly be suspected. When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the advantage of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may “ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”"
    Thanks for an interesting quote. It piqued me to look it up: https://teachingamericanhistory.org/...son-alexander/

The fight between Jefferson and Hamilton set the stage for ideologies still running strongly through each party. Those old ideologies are threaded with, IMO, too many newer, more selfish ideologies. The result is the mess we see today; too many people thinking only of themselves and not about what they are leaving behind.

I didn't read the entire set of documents but will do so tonight.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-15-2021)

14. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Thanks for an interesting quote. It piqued me to look it up: https://teachingamericanhistory.org/...son-alexander/

The fight between Jefferson and Hamilton set the stage for ideologies still running strongly through each party. Those old ideologies are threaded with, IMO, too many more selfish ideologies. The result is the mess we see today; too many people thinking only of themselves and not about their grandchildren.

I didn't read the entire set of documents but will do so tonight.
    Carp gives me chill bumps when he puts his history professor hat on lol.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Into the Night (01-16-2021)

16. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump’s lead in the swing states didn’t evaporate over night lol?

What planet were you watching from?
    Conspiracy nonsense

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-15-2021)

18. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Conspiracy nonsense
    ‘Evaporate’ is too conspiratorial a term for it?

What would you suggest?

19. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Carp gives me chill bumps when he puts his history professor hat on lol.
    Audiobook can read it to you. You should check it out, Opie. Maybe you'll learn something.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

20. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

‘Evaporate’ is too conspiratorial a term for it?

What would you suggest?
    Most secure election in our history, all the conspiracies you post have been debunked. You’re a loonie.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-15-2021)

22. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    “The president of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing.” - Liz Cheney
    Yawn. Since when does a Democrat believe a Cheney?