Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Approval Rating IMPLODES

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 38 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The Alt Right is willing to say any unsupported claim.
    They have a lot in common with the MSM.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    I would be happy if schools taught civics
    Public schools??? You mean those institutions that teach kids to put condoms on bananas? That teach a tomato is a vegetable? That teach the Church of Global Warming and the Church of Green? That teach that corporations are EVIL?
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Public schools??? You mean those institutions that teach kids to put condoms on bananas? That teach a tomato is a vegetable? That teach the Church of Global Warming and the Church of Green? That teach that corporations are EVIL?
    Put your head down between your knees and breathe deeply you're getting hysterical

4. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-15-2021)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    & anyone think he is gonna walk away voluntarily & leave that power & money on the table??

He is like a fly to shit~ he is gonna cash in on that & broker that..

If he starts his own party & they leave, & I don't see why they would not, moscow mitch & the rest of the gop is doomed for many, many years to come, if not gone for ever
    Naturally, this assumes he just walks away and faces no criminal charges. Could put a huge wrinkle in any ideas of cashing in political capital...

Invest in popcorn?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Since The Capitol Attack, Trump’s Approval Rating Has Plummeted At A Record Rate

According to FiveThirtyEight’s approval tracker,1 39.4 percent of Americans approve of the job Trump is doing as president, while 56.3 percent disapprove (a net approval rating of -16.8 percentage points). On Jan. 6, the day of the Capitol attack, Trump’s net approval rating stood at -10.3 points, which means his net approval rating has fallen 6.5 points in just eight days.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...a-record-rate/
    It's embarrassing for the USA that it's even that high.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,198 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 410 Times in 377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    His RCP average of major polls just fell below 40% approval.

Currently 39.4%.

Amazing what it took to get it down there.
    You are always going to have ~30% answer a poll with a stupid answer. I'm sure if you asked who you thought won the 2016 election you would have ~30% say Hillary.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Amazing that it’s still that high.
    People don't answer polls with how they feel, they answer how they would like to feel. Same with did trump win the election, virtually everyone knows he lost but his Nazi's would have liked to see him win so they answer yeah he did, it was stolen.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

News polls are completely meaningless.
    Hey shithead, Trump still going to be president on the 21st or have you come to the realization that your shithead is done yet? I haven't seen any tweets from the shithead lately, oh that's right, he's fuckin banned from there. Guess we won't hear much from the asshole anymore huh?

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

IMHO it is not a lack of intelligence or education but rather a desire for trump to be what they have imagined him to be~ what he told them he was, what he sold himself as, & they bought hook, line & stinker..
    And that is kind of amusing because he spoke different messages to different groups. The haters heard that he was going to suppress those they hated. Evangelicals heard that he was going to end abortion. The greedy rich heard that he was going to cut their taxes.

trump told them what they wanted to hear, from his attack on Mexicans up to his attack on the capital......

I have never found a good, simple way to explain this.

It is really a desire for it to be true & a unwillingness to apply critical thinking & questioning for him..
    None more stark than the evangelicals who quickly decided to forsake their morals and accept Trump, despite the fact that he was definitely not spreading the brotherly love. What evangelicals did was nothing short of worship a false prophet. They put another god before their own. A clear violation of the ten commandments.

To admit he is wrong etc. is "felt" as a reflection on self & serves to further harden ones position....
    And that is just such shallow thinking. We are not perfect. We are humans. We make mistakes. To recognize when one has made a mistake is an ideal opportunity to learn from it. If people refuse to ever admit they have made a mistake, then they learn NOTHING!

As many have pointed out, this kinda thinking is akin to a cult & no amount of truth or evidence is going to persuade them~ their beliefs in him are not based on logic but rather emotion & some kinda deep seeded desire to protect him & as an extension-self.........

I have posted threads on this, & a few fairly recently from the NPR program hidden brain which deals w/ several aspects of this including how contrary (to strongly held beliefs)information/truths often push ppl to strengthen their beliefs, even when faced w/ indisputable facts..
    'Hidden Brain.' I am going to have to check that out. Thanks. A very strange phenomenon. I bet the effect has a lot to do with perceived peer pressure. Nobody in a group that has all made the same mistake wants to be the first to admit it? I have heard that a lot of the Elvis-like magnetism of Trump is peer pressure. People who do not take the time to create their own information paths simply go along with their peers who may not be well informed themselves. Propaganda thrives in such an environment. And we see this in people doing manual labor who are able to chit chat all day long, but have to stay busy, so they have no opportunity to verify the things they are hearing and batting back and forth.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Port Tack,

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    You are always going to have ~30% answer a poll with a stupid answer. I'm sure if you asked who you thought won the 2016 election you would have ~30% say Hillary.
    Interesting. I disagree. I wish we could test that.

I think most people accept that Hillary won the popular vote but lost the EC.

I would guess the figure would be <5%.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

IMHO it is not a lack of intelligence or education but rather a desire for trump to be what they have imagined him to be~ what he told them he was, what he sold himself as, & they bought hook, line & stinker..

trump told them what they wanted to hear, from his attack on Mexicans up to his attack on the capital......

It is really a desire for it to be true & a unwillingness to apply critical thinking & questioning for him..

To admit he is wrong etc. is "felt" as a reflection on self & serves to further harden ones position....

As many have pointed out, this kinda thinking is akin to a cult & no amount of truth or evidence is going to persuade them~ their beliefs in him are not based on logic but rather emotion & some kinda deep seeded desire to protect him & as an extension-self.........

I have posted threads on this, & a few fairly recently from the NPR program hidden brain which deals w/ several aspects of this including how contrary (to strongly held beliefs)information/truths often push ppl to strengthen their beliefs, even when faced w/ indisputable facts..
    Well said.

I love Hidden Brain. Vedantam challenges your thinking in ways you may not have considered before.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

14. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-15-2021)

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

facts can be threatening to ideologies so people reject them.
    a fact, being true, carries a lot of ideological power, it can be highly disruptive to an ideology the fact is contrary to.
    it doesn't mean the ideology is wrong, though, it may be only superficially opposed by the fact, but still very difficult to counter.
    so, smart people learn to be careful around facts.
    but a dumb ideology is most dangerous of all, because it will reject a lot of important facts.
    so, try not to have any dumb ideologies.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Overplayed his hand.
    Trump is the only president to never have a Approval Rating of over 50%.

Pathetic. Worst president in American History. Last week solidified his failed legacy in the history books.

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-15-2021)

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

There you go with more Chicken Little Scare Tactics. Your weak-minded Trump followers may buy what you're spewing but the average person knows you're just suffering from irrational delusions.

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”