Thread: Trump's Approval Rating IMPLODES

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    that is exciting news......when will the fucking bitch be gone?.....
    29%

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

Charter schools are for-profit. Since they have all the same expenses as a government-run school + [the need to generate a profit for the owners], it logically follows that they will be more expensive. If they are not, that means they have cut something such as teacher pay.

Parents who advocate for better public schools but send their own kids to private schools often feel that because public schools are performing so poorly they have no option. They probably feel that they are forced to pay extra where they should not have to.
    Maybe 10% of charter schools are for profit, so that is false. Like 90% are nonprofit.

Do you not see a disconnect at all from those who say we need good public schools but aren’t willing to send their kids to them and be a part of the movement to improve them? Just reinforces the importance of charter schools for families who can’t afford to just say public schools suck so I’ll go private.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (01-16-2021)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,079 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Overplayed his hand.
    As perhaps the only other subscriber to your bluexit plan on this forum, I would add this.

The first time we saw an approval rating of over 20% for the diseased pigfucking orangutan, we should have realized that we were in huge trouble.
    When more than one out of five of your countrymen is a complete, irredeemable asshole, you have to realize that your country cannot continue to exist as it is.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    As perhaps the only other subscriber to your bluexit plan on this forum, I would add this.

The first time we saw an approval rating of over 20% for the diseased pigfucking orangutan, we should have realized that we were in huge trouble.
    When more than one out of five of your countrymen is a complete, irredeemable asshole, you have to realize that your country cannot continue to exist as it is.
    I don't see how there can be this unity BS with crazies and traitors. The problem is that not all of these Trump cult members are racists and white supremacists...many are the disenfranchised who have been kicked to the curb by both parties in favor of the corporate masters and while that stays the status quo, there will be more desperation and anger in the very near future and the ignorant and low information citizenry will believe a POS like Trump will help them when the next wannabe dictator comes along.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,079 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    I don't see how there can be this unity BS with crazies and traitors. The problem is that not all of these Trump cult members are racists and white supremacists...many are the disenfranchised who have been kicked to the curb by both parties in favor of the corporate masters and while that stays the status quo, there will be more desperation and anger in the very near future.
    Yet the mainstream Democrats will not support the Euro-style social initiatives proven to successfully address that problem. That's why I strongly support Bernie, Liz, and The Squad.
    First things first, though. We needed somebody to dump the orangutan, and Scranton Joey did that, It's a start.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Yet the mainstream Democrats will not support the Euro-style social initiatives proven to successfully address that problem. That's why I strongly support Bernie, Liz, and The Squad.
    First things first, though. We needed somebody to dump the orangutan, and Scranton Joey did that, It's a start.
    I agree and sadly Biden is no FDR...far from it actually, but we had to get rid of the monster that both parties helped create in one way or another. I just hope that there is accountability and none of that "not looking backward' garbage. We will not move forward in any beneficial way if this is swept under the rug.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Maybe 10% of charter schools are for profit, so that is false. Like 90% are nonprofit.

Do you not see a disconnect at all from those who say we need good public schools but aren’t willing to send their kids to them and be a part of the movement to improve them? Just reinforces the importance of charter schools for families who can’t afford to just say public schools suck so I’ll go private.
    I'm sure we could count on you to make that argument but to me it sounds like the old conservative distrust of anything government. If charter schools aren't doing any better than public schools maybe more money SHOULD be put into education. I'd be curious to learn the difference between how much America puts into schools and how much the more successful education nations put into theirs.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello cawacko,

I'm sure we could count on you to make that argument but to me it sounds like the old conservative distrust of anything government. If charter schools aren't doing any better than public schools maybe more money SHOULD be put into education. I'd be curious to learn the difference between how much America puts into schools and how much the more successful education nations put into theirs.
    It's not really an anti-government stance to say you want to improve the education system and reform it in the sense you are thinking about. You can find Libertarians that argue the government shouldn't be involved in education at all. But that's not what most people are discussing. The argument for decades has been the structure of the education system is fine, we just need more money. Then we spend more money but don't see the results we want. So we spend more money... rinse, wash and repeat. And just because the gov't spends more money on education doesn't mean it's necessarily being spent well or reaching the classroom. It's why nothing changes. It's why rich people send their kids to private schools or move to rich suburbs.

I've seen it for years in San Francisco. People have money, vote progressively but won't send their kids to diverse SF public schools. More money gets spent on the schools but nothing changes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (01-16-2021)

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    It's not really an anti-government stance to say you want to improve the education system and reform it in the sense you are thinking about. You can find Libertarians that argue the government shouldn't be involved in education at all. But that's not what most people are discussing. The argument for decades has been the structure of the education system is fine, we just need more money. Then we spend more money but don't see the results we want. So we spend more money... rinse, wash and repeat. And just because the gov't spends more money on education doesn't mean it's necessarily being spent well or reaching the classroom. It's why nothing changes. It's why rich people send their kids to private schools or move to rich suburbs.

I've seen it for years in San Francisco. People have money, vote progressively but won't send their kids to diverse SF public schools. More money gets spent on the schools but nothing changes.
    Wo, wait a minute. At what point did we put significantly more money into schools? When did we decide teaching is important and pay teachers more than a carpenter or plumber? At what point did we put an end to poor teachers having to use their own money to properly equip their classrooms? I must have missed where we put more money into schools. And since Republicans control most of this, just which Republicans did this?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Naturally, this assumes he just walks away and faces no criminal charges. Could put a huge wrinkle in any ideas of cashing in political capital...

Invest in popcorn?
    He will try, & he won't have to try very hard w/ his followers, to spin that as part of the witch hunt, his victimology...........

They already believe in the deep state, birtherism, & George Soros is the boogieman, so this all will be tucked right in there....

Poor innocent victim trump being persecuted by the dems & the gop........

Come join me on God's chosen political plantation, hand picked by Jesus himself, some ppl are even saying the home of the original garden of Eden, right here @ mara loco
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    He will try, & he won't have to try very hard w/ his followers, to spin that as part of the witch hunt, his victimology...........

They already believe in the deep state, birtherism, & George Soros is the boogieman, so this all will be tucked right in there....

Come join me on God's chosen political plantation, hand picked by Jesus himself, some ppl are even saying the home of the original garden of Eden, right here @ mara loco
    That's why the best case would be if Trump is silenced by a court of law in a prison cell with no chance of making public statements.

Let them stew over that as the last thing they hear about him.

We have got to stand up in this country and denounce hated and misinformation.

This alternative reality nonsense has got to be eliminated.

We have to restore confidence in our government and our country.

This corrosive rhetoric has been brewing for a long time, talking heads on the right have exploited it, made a lot of money off of it, and now we are seeing how dangerous this all was. It is time for America to wake up to this danger and put it down.

The government and the media are not our enemies. Hatred and bitter division are.

A house divided will surely fall.

And a headless figure will just as surely fall.

The headless figure is the country with no effective government, which is what the right seems to want.

We have to have a government, and at this point we have to build respect for our major institutions, the government being the most important.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump represents all the worthless criminal scum of the county

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

And that is kind of amusing because he spoke different messages to different groups. The haters heard that he was going to suppress those they hated. Evangelicals heard that he was going to end abortion. The greedy rich heard that he was going to cut their taxes.

None more stark than the evangelicals who quickly decided to forsake their morals and accept Trump, despite the fact that he was definitely not spreading the brotherly love. What evangelicals did was nothing short of worship a false prophet. They put another god before their own. A clear violation of the ten commandments.

And that is just such shallow thinking. We are not perfect. We are humans. We make mistakes. To recognize when one has made a mistake is an ideal opportunity to learn from it. If people refuse to ever admit they have made a mistake, then they learn NOTHING!

'Hidden Brain.' I am going to have to check that out. Thanks. A very strange phenomenon. I bet the effect has a lot to do with perceived peer pressure. Nobody in a group that has all made the same mistake wants to be the first to admit it? I have heard that a lot of the Elvis-like magnetism of Trump is peer pressure. People who do not take the time to create their own information paths simply go along with their peers who may not be well informed themselves. Propaganda thrives in such an environment. And we see this in people doing manual labor who are able to chit chat all day long, but have to stay busy, so they have no opportunity to verify the things they are hearing and batting back and forth.
    Yes, they all heard what they wanted to hear, as lyin ted cruz said, he is on every side of every issue & probably a few more.

I fault much of that to their rich & corrupt leadership... Mostly self appointed, no one voted for them... Like franky graham & jerry falwell jr..... The adherents & churches were handed to them, not by God, but by their dads....... A blind man can see the kinda monster these "leaders" handed them over to.....

They are just like the corrupt & evil leaders Jesus confronted......

I highly recommend listening to it & checking out the archives.. Peer pressure is part of the deal... This is one of my favorites Facts Aren't Enough: The Psychology Of False Beliefs
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Well said.

I love Hidden Brain. Vedantam challenges your thinking in ways you may not have considered before.
    Yes, very much so..... I have often been amazed @ the insight..

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Hellaloola, Brother! Hellaloola