Thread: More than 90,000 Americans could die of Covid-19 in next three weeks, CDC forecast sh

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default More than 90,000 Americans could die of Covid-19 in next three weeks, CDC forecast sh

More than 90,000 Americans could die of Covid-19 in next three weeks, CDC forecast shows

Damn? I'm scheduled for my first covid vaccination shot next Thursday!

(CNN) More than 38,000 Americans have died of Covid-19 in the first two weeks of the new year.

Another 92,000 are projected to die from the virus over roughly the next three weeks, according to an ensemble forecast published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The numbers are scary and reflect what public health experts have repeatedly warned: While the end is in sight -- with the help of ongoing Covid-19 vaccinations -- the nation is still facing challenging times ahead.

Currently, more than 130,300 people are hospitalized with the virus, according to data from the

2. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-14-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,233 Times in 10,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    More than 90,000 Americans could die of Covid-19 in next three weeks, CDC forecast shows

(CNN) More than 38,000 Americans have died of Covid-19 in the first two weeks of the new year.

Another 92,000 are projected to die from the virus over roughly the next three weeks, according to an ensemble forecast published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The numbers are scary and reflect what public health experts have repeatedly warned: While the end is in sight -- with the help of ongoing Covid-19 vaccinations -- the nation is still facing challenging times ahead.

Currently, more than 130,300 people are hospitalized with the virus, according to data from the
    Hunker in your basement and call your Governor because that is where any hangup is centered.
    PM me and you can have mine as I want to be last in line.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Hunker in your basement and call your Governor because that is where any hangup is centered.
    PM me and you can have mine as I want to be last in line.
    On that weekend agree I want you to be last in line too

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,233 Times in 10,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    On that weekend agree I want you to be last in line too
    Which weekend would that be?

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,068 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post

The lying racist groping imbecile joe and his kamal better get started on preventing those deaths otherwise they will have blood on their hands. They can't say they haven't been warned. Starting January 20 every COVID death is racist joe's fault.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

If I were 60 or older, I would get a shot from the allocation to the Department of Treasury, but I am 50 years old. It is uncertain whether the Department of Treasury, the State of NJ, or the State of PA will be the first to get around to getting me the shot. Whoever does, if I turn it down, I will probably lose my job immediately. I make more than enough from other jobs, but these times make me nervous about not having the most work possible. Besides, I honestly believe the shots are what is best for society, and probably what is best for myself individually.

Still no answer why the coordinating of the vaccines is handled by a program called Tiberius, named after the Roman Emperor that killed Jesus. It is an odd name to pick.

Beyond the name, it does not seem to know what it is doing. Almost as many doses are going unshipped as shipped. The doses that are shipped are often forgotten about when shipped and spoil. This is chaos.

Not having a universal healthcare system, it was always going to be difficult, but it is like they did no planning whatsoever. It is like they are winging it.

Biden will have trouble doing better in the immediate term. There has been almost no transition, so it will take him months from January 20th to do months of planning. Sadly, that is the way time works.