Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fire fighter from PA arrested for hurling fire extinguisher at Capitol Police

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I'm guessing their lawyers have decided that this is the best response.
    Bad lawyer, then. Makes the charges against them even greater.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,065 Times in 14,550 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,391 Times in 1,308 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    He is going to quickly realize his undying love and worship of a Fat Orange Man was not worth several felony charges and hard time in a federal penitentiary.
    I understand mob mentality. I understand getting caught up in the moment.

But this is the 21st century. Did they really think they would remain anonymous? I mean...the ones that were smart enough to know that selfies are a bad idea.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,261 Times in 33,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing their lawyers have decided that this is the best response.
    Why can’t it be what they truly believe? I’m not understanding why it’s hard to believe they thought they were acting on Trump’s words?

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,861 Times in 17,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,603 Times in 4,280 Posts

There were several politicians, besidesTrump and trump Jr who stirred the crowd into a frenzy before they attacked the capitol looking for politicians to kill. The same people and a large group of other rightys were on internet sites lying and angering the Trumpys. Trump and others told them to show up on the 6th. It was a plan. It was corrupt and dishonest and illegal. Trump was the leader of the rioters and he holds a lot of responsibility.
    The speeches were designed to fire them up. Then Trump told them to march on the capitol and of course said he would be with them. This was no accident.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    There were several politicians, besidesTrump and trump Jr who stirred the crowd into a frenzy before they attacked the capitol looking for politicians to kill. The same people and a large group of other rightys were on internet sites lying and angering the Trumpys. Trump and others told them to show up on the 6th. It was a plan. It was corrupt and dishonest and illegal. Trump was the leader of the rioters and he holds a lot of responsibility.
    The speeches were designed to fire them up. Then Trump told them to march on the capitol and of course said he would be with them. This was no accident.

There you go. Planned ahead of time with the President in charge.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Why can’t it be what they truly believe? I’m not understanding why it’s hard to believe they thought they were acting on Trump’s words?
    They were acting on the words of the majority of Republicans in the House, key Republican Senators, and trump's tweets for sure. But these guys have been fantasizing about making a statement like this for years.

Now that the adrenaline rush has turned into an adrenaline hangover, their lawyers are informing them that they're in legal trouble.

Rather than focus on pre meditation, which it was, they're probably trying to make it look like a spur of the moment action based on trump's address at the Ellipse.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,814 Times in 27,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I understand mob mentality. I understand getting caught up in the moment.

But this is the 21st century. Did they really think they would remain anonymous? I mean...the ones that were smart enough to know that selfies are a bad idea.
    I cannot imagine any circumstance where it would occur to me the throw a fire extinguisher at cops.

Trump relentlessly told this fat ass that dark forces had rigged and stolen the election, that American democracy was under assault.

That is exactly why this misguided fat ass thought of himself as a patriot fighting for freedom.

If Trump had conceded this election when all plausible legal avenues were closed, and committed to a peaceful and orderly transition, this insurrection would never have happened -- and this deplorable fat ass would have enjoyed a well earned and comfortable retirement on his firefighters pension.

As it stands now, his retirement years will be spent at Club Fed.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Given the phone calls to select Senators during the siege, it seems the plan was just to stall the proceedings as long as possible.

I really don't know what the end game was? Rudy was appealing to (the wrong) Senators to just stall for a few hours.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,261 Times in 33,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

They were acting on the words of the majority of Republicans in the House, key Republican Senators, and trump's tweets for sure. But these guys have been fantasizing about making a statement like this for years.

Now that the adrenaline rush has turned into an adrenaline hangover, their lawyers are informing them that they're in legal trouble.

Rather than focus on pre meditation, which it was, they're probably trying to make it look like a spur of the moment action based on trump's address at the Ellipse.
    I am seeing that many were disgruntled, but here was the President of the United States urging them to fulfill their fantasies. They believed his second term was stolen. They were there to help Stop the Steal. He was their guy, on their side. I wonder how many thought he’d have their back? I bet some are even hoping for a pardon.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I cannot imagine any circumstance where it would occur to me the throw a fire extinguisher at cops.

Trump relentlessly told this fat ass that dark forces had rigged and stolen the election, that American democracy was under assault.

That is exactly why this misguided fat ass thought of himself as a patriot fighting for freedom.

If Trump had conceded this election when all plausible legal avenues were closed, and committed to a peaceful and orderly transition, this insurrection would never have happened -- and this deplorable fat ass would have enjoyed a well earned and comfortable retirement on his firefighters pension.

As it stands now, his retirement years will be spent at Club Fed.
    Yep. Sheer stupidity. The breach was bad enough. But to pick up a fire extinguisher and just toss it at LE makes absolutely no sense.

I'm sure it never occurred to him that it could have been he that got attacked at the scene of a fire at a protest

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Cypress (01-14-2021)

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I am seeing that many were disgruntled, but here was the President of the United States urging them to fulfill their fantasies. They believed his second term was stolen. They were there to help Stop the Steal. He was their guy, on their side. I wonder how many thought he’d have their back? I bet some are even hoping for a pardon.
    Given the past 4 years? Everything you say is feasible. Moronic ideology, but feasible.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-14-2021)

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts