Thread: Betrayed

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post

What's the problem w/ Democrats? The '90's were awesome. Then Bush crashed the economy, and the Obama years were relatively good.

they think that "Then Bush crashed the economy, and the Obama years were relatively good.".......the awesome 90s gave us the crash of the economy........

in reality the first five years of Obama's economy were worse than all except the last three months of the Bush economy and the rest of Obama's term managed to achieve equality with Bush's worst......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niche Political Commentor View Post
    they can feel betrayed all they want. trump never called for violence.

there almost certainly is a very small segment of totally deluded trump supporters. they are true believers. I visit thedonald.win everyday (the largest donald
    trump forum) and there are people there that literally believe like in full blown conspiracy theories and trump might still swoop in the last week and somehow keep the whitehouse. They are mentally ill.
    Meh...it doesn’t matter. I told you four years ago that he was a garden Variety demagogue who would create a massive division within a monolithic GOP and that it wouldn’t end well. Which hardly took a Nostradamus to predict if you’ve ever taken a few minutes to study historical populist demagogues like Father Coughlin, Huey Long, Joe McCarthy, etc,.

All raised the passions of the unwashed masses with irresponsible and emotional rhetoric and all were the source of their own self destruction.

And so it has come to pass with their brethren Donald Trump. It’s time to move on, learn the lessons to be learned about populist demagogues and the threat they represent to democracy, act upon the underlying causes for his rise and delegate Trump to the dustbin of history where he’s placed himself.

Today is the day where we hear from the echoes of our past ringing in Donald Trumps ear, in the immortal words of Joseph Welch "At long last, have you left no sense of decency?" and move on.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-27-2021)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    For those facing prison, another option is to do as the Roman leaders who disgraced themselves would do. I hope they save We, the People the time and taxpayer dollars in court time and paying for their room and board in prison.
    One Roman leader couldn't face using the knife to see himself off bravely, and his wife showed him how. I hope Melania has enough Roman blood to stab herself, saying, 'See, Donald, it doesn't hurt!'
    Last edited by Iolo/Penderyn; 01-20-2021 at 08:03 AM.

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,420 Times in 52,444 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Those Romans had a sense of honor that is totally lacking in today's Cult members.
    True but in those days anyone who didn't kneel before Rome ended up nailed to a cross by the side of the road.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,420 Times in 52,444 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    One Roman leader couldn't face using the knife to see himself off bravely, and his wife showed him how. I hope Melania has enough Roman blood to stab herself, saying, 'See, Danald, it doesn't hurt!'
    Letting Donald snort too much Adderall too often may let him self-induce a heart attack.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lol......I respected you until around June........then you went full demmycunt and I stopped.......
    I couldn't tell

I have told you repeatedly

I did nothing in June 2020 that I did not do in June 2019 or 18 that I can think of...

When you start losing your trump love you'll slowly come back to reality, best of luck....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

there almost certainly is a very small segment of totally deluded trump supporters. they are true believers. I visit thedonald.win everyday (the largest donald trump forum) and there are people there that literally believe like in full blown conspiracy theories and trump might still swoop in the last week and somehow keep the whitehouse. They are mentally ill.
    Interesting.

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    boomers abandoned.. LMAO
    Trump is gone and he will never be back.NEW YORK has a spot for him. Prison is exactly where he belongs.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

moon (01-22-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-27-2021)

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    that I can think of...
    sad isn't it......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well you are free to remind me if you like....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

there almost certainly is a very small segment of totally deluded trump supporters. they are true believers. I visit thedonald.win everyday (the largest donald trump forum) and there are people there that literally believe like in full blown conspiracy theories and trump might still swoop in the last week and somehow keep the whitehouse. They are mentally ill.
    Someone should tell them to stop. This is reality, this is America. It's not all about Trump, but is about cheating the election.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

anatta (01-26-2021)

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    One Roman leader couldn't face using the knife to see himself off bravely, and his wife showed him how. I hope Melania has enough Roman blood to stab herself, saying, 'See, Donald, it doesn't hurt!'

kinda a shitty person you are.

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    I believe Donald Trump was the last thing keeping America from full blown Civil War.
    Americans are not going to cotton to commie Democrats running things. Donald Trump is not the only American left in America.
    Democommies are about to have one hell of a bad time. They ain't going to run much on us.
    No need to run from a bunch of fat white fucks who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. The second the guns showed up on the other side, the civil war was over. Was it fun?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

18. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bull&Terrier View Post
    kinda a shitty person you are.
    Why else would I be talking to you nazi bastards?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    True but in those days anyone who didn't kneel before Rome ended up nailed to a cross by the side of the road.
    Meh the Romans, traditionally speaking, reserved crucifixion as a punishment for slaves who rebelled. They also rarely nailed someone to a cross. They just tied their arms to the cross and let their legs dangle. Usually they broke one of their legs to hasten their demise as crucifixion was a horribly painful form of execution and is the root word for out work "excruciating". Now if they were real mad at you they would nail you to the cross and provide a small platform for you feet to get a small amount of purchase and wouldn't break your leg. That way it would take up to days for the condemned to die... and under horrible pain the whole time.

I never found the Roman sense of Honor, particularly amongst the Roman nobility, very admirable. Hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians and leginaires and auxillaries died because of Caesars and Pompey's "Honor" during their Civil War and they had no problem sacrificing those peoples lives in the name of their honor. That was hardly admirable behavior and by today's standards they would be considered mass murderers and psychopaths.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!