Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Thank you for looking like a stupid shit
    I know, right?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 3,362 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 637 Times in 605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Politics, bitch. What's your explanation of the sudden and enormous decline in deaths related to things like the flu and heart disease that kill hundreds of thousands each year?
    There hasn't been a huge decline in deaths from those cases. Deaths from influenza and pneumonia are up about 2,000. The deaths from heart disease is also up this year compared to last year.
    2019 deaths from influenza and pneumonia - 49,659
    2020 deaths from influenza and pneumonia - 52,411
    2019 deaths from heart disease - 658,761
    2020 deaths from heart disease - 675,068
    https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Weekly-Cou...muzy-jte6/data

Are you so stupid that you think when a number is bigger this year it means it was a huge decline from last year?
    This is a simple count of death certificates and the listed cause of death. It is not some made up number.

Dying with it isn't the same as dying from it. Only a fucking left wing idiot would equate the two. I know people whose deaths were falsely labeled as Covid death. ALL of them had major health problems prior to Covid appearing that could have caused their death any day. Are you claiming that had they not contracted the virus, they would have lived long, healthy lives?
    No one is claiming they would have lived another 100 years. The simple claim is they probably would have not died this year. We won't know how long they likely would have lived until we see the death counts the next few years. If deaths in 2021 are 800,000 less than deaths in 2020 then we can say they only would have lived a few months. Otherwise they would have lived at least a year.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (01-20-2021)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    There hasn't been a huge decline in deaths from those cases. Deaths from influenza and pneumonia are up about 2,000. The deaths from heart disease is also up this year compared to last year.

Are you so stupid that you think when a number is bigger this year it means it was a huge decline from last year?
    This is a simple count of death certificates and the listed cause of death. It is not some made up number.

No one is claiming they would have lived another 100 years. The simple claim is they probably would have not died this year. We won't know how long they likely would have lived until we see the death counts the next few years. If deaths in 2021 are 800,000 less than deaths in 2020 then we can say they only would have lived a few months. Otherwise they would have lived at least a year.
    The answer to your question is a resounding YES!
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,408 Times in 10,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    California, January 17, 2021.......over 34K new cases.....compared with their high last summer of 12K a day.......gotta love those closed businesses......
    You said this was a hoax, so why are there any new cases?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

New York, daily new cases on January 15 over 20,000........nearly double their highest number in April......my guess is, they have the same capita now then they had then.......lockdown for the win!.....
    Look at you. Cherry picking data to try to prove your specious point. They have had one day over 20K. If you look at the day before and the day after, the average for the 3 days was 16,448. That is certainly higher than during April but it fails to account for the huge increase in the daily number of tests conducted in January compared to April.

You are attempting to draw conclusions from the data that can't credibly be drawn. Comparing apples to orangutans doesn't prove you won a banana.

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Look at you. Cherry picking data to try to prove your specious point. They have had one day over 20K. If you look at the day before and the day after, the average for the 3 days was 16,448. That is certainly higher than during April but it fails to account for the huge increase in the daily number of tests conducted in January compared to April.

You are attempting to draw conclusions from the data that can't credibly be drawn. Comparing apples to orangutans doesn't prove you won a banana.
    I just happened to pick the data that proved you fuckwits were lying out of your asses.....

sure it doesn't prove anything....except that lockdown solved nothing.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

If you claim Covid is the cause, you are. To say someone probably would not have died that year is pure speculation and baseless at best. If you don't know how long they'd live, you can't make any projection.

As long as you and your entire family die from it, I'm good. Hopefully, it's painful, lingering, and they suffer immensely.

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    If you claim Covid is the cause, you are. To say someone probably would not have died that year is pure speculation and baseless at best. If you don't know how long they'd live, you can't make any projection.

As long as you and your entire family die from it, I'm good. Hopefully, it's painful, lingering, and they suffer immensely.
    It isn't speculation. It is simple statistics. Over the last 50 years people have died in similar numbers every year so that we can predict how many should die. The number of deaths in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 all went up slightly from the previous year comparable to the increase in population. On average about 1% up per year. This year for some unknown reason the number of deaths jumped by 15% compared to the previous year.

What could be the possible reason for the 15% increase in deaths in 2020 compared to the 1% increase for the previous 10? When we go back to 1950 at no point do we see the deaths ever vary by more than 1.3% from year to year. Now in 2020 we see a change that is 10 times what has occurred in the last 70 years.

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I just happened to pick the data that proved you fuckwits were lying out of your asses.....

sure it doesn't prove anything....except that lockdown solved nothing.....
    Cherry picking data doesn't prove anything other than you cherry picked data. It certainly doesn't prove that lock downs don't work.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Cherry picking data doesn't prove anything other than you cherry picked data. It certainly doesn't prove that lock downs don't work.
    data is data....you just call it "cherry picked" because it showed you were lying......more people getting sick in lock down states than in states that are not lock down states may not prove lock downs don't work.......but it certainly proves you are an idiot for pretending they did......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (01-20-2021)

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

data is data....you just call it "cherry picked" because it showed you were lying......more people getting sick in lock down states than in states that are not lock down states may not prove lock downs don't work.......but it certainly proves you are an idiot for pretending they did......
    One day is cherry picked data when you are trying to compare trends. It would be like selecting a holiday where no deaths were reported because the government was closed and trying to use it to claim deaths were zero so it shows that lock downs work. Can I do that since you seem to think using data from one day is a valid use of a data set?

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One day
    one month, one quarter......by whatever standard you choose, NYers are sicker now despite the lockdown you claim has kept them from getting sick.......

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries