Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 91% of Trump voters sticking by him despite Capitol Hill riot

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,245 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    When liberals claimed Bush stole 2000 & ‘04 did you have the same “we should look into this because the public won’t trust the elections” attitude?

If you believe Trump won no amount of evidence will convince you otherwise. There are numerous conspiracies sites out there, like Gateway Pundit, that will come up with something new each time a claim they present gets debunked.

Not that we should be sheep and not question things but it’s a very bi-partisan belief that we don’t lose elections anymore, they are all stolen. Not good.
    I have long said we need much stricter and controlled elections to avoid these things. I advocate for 100% voter ID, voting in person with the fewest exceptions possible for mail-in voting. I oppose vote collection ideas like ballot harvesting. Now, I could see mailing ballots out early to voters so they can fill theirs out at their leisure, then they show up at a polling station, show their ID, dip their finger in indelible ink or some other metric that would make it difficult or impossible for them to vote again, and have their ballot counted in a secure manner with observers present to ensure that is the case.

I don't know if Trump won or lost. It's likely he did lose, but there is sufficient irregularities to put that in question. I want the election to be open, honest, and as verifiable as possible. A paper trail does that to a good degree. No electronic voting with no paper trail going with it. Americans need good confidence that their elections are open and honest. If they aren't or they are given cause to question the outcomes then we are descending into being a banana republic, or worse.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    When Gore lost in 2000, it was tough. I remember what happened in one of the county's w/ the ballot - I think it was Palm Beach. A ton of people voted for Buchanan, when it was clear they wanted to vote for Gore, and a correct tally would have turned the result. There were also all kinds of reports of thousands of votes being discarded in Miami Dade, and things along those lines.

I was never like "they stole it," or "Bush isn't legit." The way I saw it, the election was basically a tie, and Bush won the coin flip. You can cry about it, or just move on to the next election.

This one wasn't even that close. Biden won nationally by millions of votes.

Elections are too emotional, and people take them too seriously. Not that they aren't serious business, with big consequences - but people talk like it's the end of the world if their candidate doesn't win. Most of our lives stay relatively the same no matter who is in charge.
    I get that no one likes to lose. As you stated, it’s not fun. I also get that it’s hard when you are passionate about the person who loses, as many Trump supporters are. And yes, if you feel something is stolen then that makes it even more difficult to accept. Those are all understandable feelings.

But yeah, at this point no amount of evidence will ever convince them Trump lost. Nothing we can do.

It’s sort of like there people who still believe OJ was innocent. Oh wait, bad analogy, he is.

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I don't know if Trump won or lost. It's likely he did lose,

Slowly but surely you are coming back to reality.......

I hope your example sets a precedent for the precedent & his adoring admirers..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I have long said we need much stricter and controlled elections to avoid these things. I advocate for 100% voter ID, voting in person with the fewest exceptions possible for mail-in voting. I oppose vote collection ideas like ballot harvesting. Now, I could see mailing ballots out early to voters so they can fill theirs out at their leisure, then they show up at a polling station, show their ID, dip their finger in indelible ink or some other metric that would make it difficult or impossible for them to vote again, and have their ballot counted in a secure manner with observers present to ensure that is the case.

I don't know if Trump won or lost. It's likely he did lose, but there is sufficient irregularities to put that in question. I want the election to be open, honest, and as verifiable as possible. A paper trail does that to a good degree. No electronic voting with no paper trail going with it. Americans need good confidence that their elections are open and honest. If they aren't or they are given cause to question the outcomes then we are descending into being a banana republic, or worse.
    You don't know if he won or lost? I mean, the election wasn't that close. At the end of the day you're obviously free to believe whatever you like. And if you think the election was stolen it probably feels better than acknowledging he lost. We've voted by mail for years in California. I do it in person but everyone else in my family does mail in. I'm always for watching out for vote fraud and making sure everything is done on the up and up but a lot of people appreciate the convenience.

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I get that no one likes to lose. As you stated, it’s not fun. I also get that it’s hard when you are passionate about the person who loses, as many Trump supporters are. And yes, if you feel something is stolen then that makes it even more difficult to accept. Those are all understandable feelings.

But yeah, at this point no amount of evidence will ever convince them Trump lost. Nothing we can do.

It’s sort of like there people who still believe OJ was innocent. Oh wait, bad analogy, he is.
    Exactly, it is based on emotion, not facts~ so facts are never going to change that..

Only "facts" they want to see are those that reinforce their biases & illusions.......

Slowly & patiently some of them will be able to gently unwrap the house of cards & duct tape they built in their heads & rejoin the real world..

Some I am afraid will be lost forever & will follow the pied piper of mara logo to tumpO lala land & be fleeced & flogged w/ lies for ever & ever
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RomanDmowski View Post
    I'm not quite sure how large numbers of Americans are enthusiastic about either side.
    This isn't about Dems or Reps. It's about real shit and if you can't see that then go blow on a tailpipe polack.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

7. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

How did the Polish terrorist try to blow up a car?

He blew into the tailpipe.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

8. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

Then maybe you should tell Frank Luntz that. He's the one who did the focus group and polling, not me. That's what he found and you can see the actual questions and response summary earlier in this thread. This isn't about the people running the election and what they say or believe. It's what people on the street believe. Whether it was "stolen" or not, a big chunk of the American population thinks there was fraudulent activity, miscounting, and other irregularities in the election. That is a problem whether you like it or not. If people have no faith in the system it doesn't matter if the system works or not. That becomes a problem in and of itself.

Oh, and by the way, insulting those people endlessly and proclaiming they're crazy without bothering to prove the validity of the election very clearly, won't change their minds. Instead, it is likely to make them dig on their view there was a problem.
    The election is valid by default. You can't prove there was any fraud going on which your shithead didn't then that means it was valid regardless of what the Nazi's think.

9. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

I meant exactly what I said.

That's an example. How does Trump lose votes that were cast? No one can vote against Trump. They can only vote for Biden or another alternative to Trump. Yet, the vote count goes negative, and goes there by big amounts. Nobody is saying how that happened.
    Why bother, it didn't. Trump never lost votes, his tallies dropped significantly but none of them were ever subtracted.

That is the most obvious of the irregularities in vote counting to occur. How does someone lose votes already cast and counted? And, lose them by the thousands or even tens of thousands?
    That never happened.

Another irregularity is batches of votes coming in that are 100% for Biden. That too is a statistical impossibility--or very, very close to it. How can you have say a vote batch dump (upload from some voting district) that is say 5,000 votes for Biden 0 for Trump?
    Easily explained. When counting, all the trump votes go in one pile and Biden votes go in another. Once the pile is too big, it's tallied and removed to start another pile. When counting mail in votes from densely populated areas the Biden pile is going to be replaced more often than the trump one. That is going to lead to a jump in Biden votes while none being recorded for trump. Same thing happened earlier in the day for trump when counting the redneck counties that were 80% trump.

There should be great cause for concern that poll watchers were sometimes refused or turned away from being able to observe. In other cases, they were forced to stay at a distance where they couldn't see clearly what was going on with vote counting. That too is irrefutable. There's sworn testimony of it occurring, video of it occurring, and personal accounts on top of that.
    So the republicans who were the ones counting the votes would not let other republican vote watchers watch? That is utter bullshit.

Does none of that concern you?
    What concerns me is that we have an awful lot of idiots that believe the bullshit you spout.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-15-2021)