Thread: 'How Did We Get Here?' A Call For An Evangelical Reckoning On trump

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Would you like to update your comment tinker bell??
    can you name an evangelical that engaged in an insurrection, Billie?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    White christian nationalism an insidious parasitic disease that has infected America
    apparently it is a parasite that causes you to have bizarre fantasies......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    It was an insurrection. Your people stormed the Capitol with the intent to halt the US election by force.
    it was more peaceful than a mostly peaceful protest.....

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    be honest and answer one question- if it was not insurrection, which is defined as "an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government," then why did the mob BREAK INTO THE CAPITOL, search for legislators, chant Hang Mike Pence, threaten to kill Pelosi, while they were making the result of the fair election final and establish Biden as the newly elected President?

what the hell would you call it?
    actually I would call the above a mostly peaceful protest lied about by an idiot lib'rul.......nobody threatened to kill anyone, hang anyone, searched for anyone, or broke into anything.......

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    The whole world knows it was an insurrection broken by the incompetence of the plotters, as was to be expected. Stop your nazi driveling just a moment once in a way, give yourself a chance to think like an unbrainwashed human being.
    said the fascist Welshbit....

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    True, and now some are focusing on the person who betrayed them. Could be interesting to see Dr. Frankenstein confront his monster.
    Interesting way to put it.......

Will be very interesting to see if trump even addresses them or simply ignores them & plays his hand for a new network & political movement...

IMHO that would be the wise thing to do, but then fiasco 45 aint known for always doing the wisest thing.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    how did we get three conservative SC justices?.........how did we get the first four years without a new war starting for the first time in decades.........how did we get to expanded opportunities for minorities?.......good question......how is it evangelicals "can disciple our people so they engage the world in robust and Christ-like ways".........
    I see many of you have received marching orders to push his no war thing....

I guess I could point out Venezuela ran into poverty, smothering Cuba again, assassination in Iran & provoking them or lifting lil kim un to respectability, but yea, he didn't start a war...........

I wonder if he was perhaps was saving it for his second or third term
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,625 Times in 51,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Interesting way to put it.......

Will be very interesting to see if trump even addresses them or simply ignores them & plays his hand for a new network & political movement...

IMHO that would be the wise thing to do, but then fiasco 45 aint known for always doing the wisest thing.........
    I think it's a very apt comparison....and follows the story: Dr. Frankenstein creates the Monster then betrays it. In Shelley's story the Monster seeks revenge. Given have many nutjobs were Trump fans, most of whom now feel betrayed, I wonder if Trump's story will continue to follow Shelley's.

Trump may try to placate them but the knife he stuck in their backs is still there. Hundreds, of not thousands, will now have convictions on their records. Sure, many may just get probation, but many are being fired from their jobs while in their late 30s to late 50s. Others will serve prison time. That's something that won't be easily forgotten.

Agreed Trump isn't wise. He's delusional, never very bright and doesn't fully comprehend what he's done.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-26-2021)

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    can you name an evangelical that engaged in an insurrection, Billie?.....
    Good to see you acknowledging your ppl engaged in a insurrection against the USA..

Even the one that spoke the insurrection into existence publicly betrayed them

Some of the insurrectionist displayed various Christian symbols etc..

trump failed to order them to stop & your leadership still supports trump

Really, do you have a leg to stand on??

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

no, can't think of a single one.
    good to see you admit that you couldn't think of any.....usually you fuckwits aren't that honest......

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    The whole world knows it was an insurrection broken by the incompetence of the plotters, as was to be expected. Stop your nazi driveling just a moment once in a way, give yourself a chance to think like an unbrainwashed human being.
    You've no idea what an insurrection is, you just heard CNN say it so you are repeating it.

An insurrection is an organized effort to topple authority and this was no such thing.

I doubt any of them even knew what was going to happen that day other than hearing a speech by Trump.

The left really are idiots.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The courts haven't ruled on it yet, but it smells like insurrection. Many of the participants declared they were kicking off the civil war. Even STY said it was the start of a civil war where they take back our country and restore Trump to the Presidency.
    So how is that Civil wat going cause I haven't noticed it.

People can shout whatever they want but that doesn't make it true.

If they shouted they were doing it for Obama would you believe them?

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    be honest and answer one question- if it was not insurrection, which is defined as "an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government," then why did the mob BREAK INTO THE CAPITOL, search for legislators, chant Hang Mike Pence, threaten to kill Pelosi, while they were making the result of the fair election final and establish Biden as the newly elected President?

what the hell would you call it?
    Because that is not the definition of an insurrection.

An insurrection is quite a MIT more organized like the Revolutionary or Civil Wars.

This was a single event in an era of such events by one tiny group of protestors.

If this was an insurrection then what do you call what Antifa are doing?

Or various Hollywood celebtities calling for the death of the president.

You are being extremely selective in your outrage.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by no worries View Post
    Yes, it was.

Insurrection (noun)

A rising or rebellion of citizens against their government, usually manifested by acts of violence.

Under federal law, it is a crime to incite, assist, or engage in such conduct against the United States.
    So what BLM has been doing for years then?

lol

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,625 Times in 51,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    So how is that Civil wat going cause I haven't noticed it.

People can shout whatever they want but that doesn't make it true.

If they shouted they were doing it for Obama would you believe them?
    It failed. Idiots are being arrested as we chat about it. Were you hiding so deep you never heard about it? Many of the big talkers on JPP missed it. Laundry day or something. Is that what happened to you?

Agreed.

I only believe in facts and a consensus of reasonable people. What do you believe?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-26-2021)