Thread: What Unity and healing actually means

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default What Unity and healing actually means

Lots of talk among Republicans about 'moving on' so the country can 'heal'. Here's my message to those Republicans, to the Trump cult, to anyone who thinks this impeachment is inappropriate. I'm ready for unity and healing as soon as you confess. Confess EVERYTHING. I'll be happy to unify with any Republican who:

* Admits their complicity in Trump stoking the fires of racism and hatred
    * Admits their error in not backing impeachment
    * Admits the utter failure of Trumps COVID-19 response
    * Admits their complicity in a failed coup attempt
    * Admits that the Mueller report was a condemnation of Trump, and included evidence of criminal behavior.
    * Expresses a desire to see Trump indicted for his crimes.
    * Votes to impeach/convict Trump for his seditious incitement of a mob.

Healing? Yep. That's all it will take. Otherwise, WE are coming for you. These terms are non-negotiable. I won't hold my breath.

2. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

Underdog (01-13-2021)

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

evince (01-13-2021), Guno צְבִי (01-13-2021), Micawber (01-13-2021), Nomad (01-13-2021), Phantasmal (01-13-2021), signalmankenneth (01-13-2021), Trumpet (01-13-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

in other words you don't want healing and unity, you want submission and compliance.

Seems fascist. "we are coming for you" cements the fascism here.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This message is hidden because Bull&Terrier is on your ignore list.

I already have your answer, traitor.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-13-2021), Micawber (01-13-2021), Trumpet (01-13-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Lots of talk among Republicans about 'moving on' so the country can 'heal'. Here's my message to those Republicans, to the Trump cult, to anyone who thinks this impeachment is inappropriate. I'm ready for unity and healing as soon as you confess. Confess EVERYTHING. I'll be happy to unify with any Republican who:

* Admits that the Mueller report was a condemnation of Trump, and included evidence of criminal behavior.

Healing? Yep. That's all it will take. Otherwise, WE are coming for you. These terms are non-negotiable. I won't hold my breath.
    'WE are coming for you?'

No, I can't agree with that.

For people to be taken in by a slick talking conman, that doesn't make them criminals. That just makes them human.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Concart,

'WE are coming for you?'

No, I can't agree with that.

For people to be taken in by a slick talking conman, that doesn't make them criminals. That just makes them human.
    I didn't say we were coming to arrest them. We are coming to shout them down, as loudly and as long as possible. I have no interest in unity with anyone who can't admit those things. Unity and healing starts with forgiveness. If you can't ask for it, you get NOTHING from me. Republicans have much they need to be forgiven for. Until they admit that, I have no time for them.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

I was actually against the 1st impeachment. I did think that one would be divisive, and wouldn't accomplish much.

Trump needs to be impeached this time. I've never seen a sitting President do so much damage to the nation. He needs to be held accountable.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-13-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

I didn't say we were coming to arrest them. We are coming to shout them down, as loudly and as long as possible. I have no interest in unity with anyone who can't admit those things. Unity and healing starts with forgiveness. If you can't ask for it, you get NOTHING from me. Republicans have much they need to be forgiven for. Until they admit that, I have no time for them.
    Thanks for the clarification.

But still there is something which is unclear in this.

Are you coming for them, coming to shout them down, or do you have no time for them.

I have to forgive people for their mistakes. I don't do it for their sake. Often I don't even tell the people I forgive. I do it for me, for my own peace of mind. If I hold a grudge, that causes stress for me. I would rather try to eliminate stress in my life because constant stress breaks down one's immune system and leaves one open to disease and early death. I try to lead as stress-free a life as possible. I have to say, that works. I love my life! So I forgive people for their mistakes.

That doesn't mean they should not be held accountable.

I have already forgiven Donald Trump, yet he remains completely recalcitrant.

I forgive Republicans, but they remain defiant and often disrespectful to me. I would prefer that people of opposing views share enough mutual respect to be able to discuss their differences in a calm way. This is how understanding and meaningful change can be reached.

I would strongly like to see Trump held accountable for his crimes, and Republicans to recognize what they have done, become remorseful, learn a lesson from it, and never do that again. I also recognize that this needs to come from them. If I, a liberal Democrat, demand it; their resistance to anything I say almost certainly ensures they will not do what I think they should.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

we already know you are coming -you fucking fascist - fuck that noise

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I was actually against the 1st impeachment. I did think that one would be divisive, and wouldn't accomplish much.

Trump needs to be impeached this time. I've never seen a sitting President do so much damage to the nation. He needs to be held accountable.
    whats the impeachment charge? where's the incitement? show me the language
    oh there is none -impeachment is a fraud
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bull&Terrier View Post
    in other words you don't want healing and unity, you want submission and compliance.

Seems fascist. "we are coming for you" cements the fascism here.
    You don’t heal a knife would by stitching up the would with the hilt of the knife sticking out of the wound

You have to remove the knife and sanitize the wound and the stitching up the wound

Then it will heal

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Trump is the divider in chief. He has never sought unity and wanted to steamroll any who did not believe in the gospel according to Trump. Unity can be sought, but getting rid of Trump is the necessary first step. He was urging mobs of crazed people to tear down the capitol and kill the politicians. Even rightys can see how anti unity that was. Trump stokes anger and hate. That too makes unity impossible.
    Trump has to go before peace and unity can even be considered.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    whats the impeachment charge? where's the incitement? show me the language
    oh there is none -impeachment is a fraud

We don’t ask the blind to be the lookout

You are blind

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    You don’t heal a knife would by stitching up the would with the hilt of the knife sticking out of the wound

You have to remove the knife and sanitize the wound and the stitching up the wound

Then it will heal

if you demand submission, you are not seeking reconciliation.

I hope my words aren't too big for you.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Concart,

Thanks for the clarification.

But still there is something which is unclear in this.

Are you coming for them, coming to shout them down, or do you have no time for them.

I have to forgive people for their mistakes. I don't do it for their sake. Often I don't even tell the people I forgive. I do it for me, for my own peace of mind. If I hold a grudge, that causes stress for me. I would rather try to eliminate stress in my life because constant stress breaks down one's immune system and leaves one open to disease and early death. I try to lead as stress-free a life as possible. I have to say, that works. I love my life! So I forgive people for their mistakes.

That doesn't mean they should not be held accountable.

I have already forgiven Donald Trump, yet he remains completely recalcitrant.

I forgive Republicans, but they remain defiant and often disrespectful to me. I would prefer that people of opposing views share enough mutual respect to be able to discuss their differences in a calm way. This is how understanding and meaningful change can be reached.

I would strongly like to see Trump held accountable for his crimes, and Republicans to recognize what they have done, become remorseful, learn a lesson from it, and never do that again. I also recognize that this needs to come from them. If I, a liberal Democrat, demand it; their resistance to anything I say almost certainly ensures they will not do what I think they should.
    I understand, and let me explain the difference. I will shout them down, I will do everything I can to make sure they have no voice. And I will also not associate with them outside of that. They are not welcome in my home. I don't want to hang out with them at parties. I will not socialize with them. They are dead to me. As I said, I'm happy to forgive people for their mistakes. But when someone kicks me in the nuts, I am not going to say 'thank you, I'll have another'. If they do it and say they'd like to do it again, I am not inclined to turn the other cheek. I respect your approach, and it works for you. It doesn't work for me. Forgiveness to me does not mean an escape from justice. The desire to move on is actually a desire to have people ignore what you did. I'm not inclined to do that.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

UNITY!!