1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cloud9,

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    yes they should definitely continue after 20th to prevent him from running again. not because he'll win but he'll keep saying he will and rile up the extremists which he uses like tools.
    And that is important to free up the Republican party to think for themselves instead of wondering what Trump would want them to do.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-13-2021)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cloud9,

And that is important to free up the Republican party to think for themselves instead of wondering what Trump would want them to do.
    They are certainly moving to thwart his threat... I am surprised so many didn't vote against impeaching & that they let them (gop) make up their own minds......

I think trump over played his hand & when it blew up he lost cred & prestige w/ the party.....

His fan base can rant & rave but w/out a party who cares..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

who did they get?Liz Cheney ( neocons HATE Trump) and a few loose screws?
    The Senate maybe will take it up but there is no standing for a trial after Trump leaves.
    Go ahead and waste more time -that's better then Progressive legislation

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-13-2021)

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    They are certainly moving to thwart his threat... I am surprised so many didn't vote against impeaching & that they let them (gop) make up their own minds......

I think trump over played his hand & when it blew up he lost cred & prestige w/ the party.....

His fan base can rant & rave but w/out a party who cares..
    Right on. It's time for the Republican Party to rediscover itself. The ominous cloak of tweet-shaming has been lifted.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Bill,

Right on. It's time for the Republican Party to rediscover itself. The ominous cloak of tweet-shaming has been lifted.
    Historically the two parties have reinvented themselves......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 831 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 47 Times in 43 Posts

The president violated his oath of office.

He called for a crowd to assemble.

He whipped them into a frenzy.

He used the word 'fight' 20 times in his pre-riot speech.

Then he sent them to the capitol and he stood back.

He did not tell the crowd to stand back and stand by.

He incited a riotous insurrection against the very heart of our government.

THAT is why Republicans AND Democrats are in support of impeachment.
    Liar

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OG Yurt For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-13-2021), RB 60 (01-14-2021)

10. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    hardly.

stop lying.
    Shouldn't Horizontal Harris be impeached for inciting BLM?

https://davidharrisjr.com/steven/the...go-home-video/

11. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,127 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Shouldn't Horizontal Harris be impeached for inciting BLM?

https://davidharrisjr.com/steven/the...go-home-video/
    yes. of course. but don't forget, dems are now a party based on hypocrisy, double standards, and lopsided enforcement.

they suck balls.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

RB 60 (01-14-2021)

13. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Historically the two parties have reinvented themselves......
    Conservatives sometimes like to point out that MLK was a Republican. What they conveniently leave out was that the racists were in the Democratic Party during his life, up until LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act, and then all the Southern racists of the Democratic Party switched to the Republican Party. The mantel of racism transferred from the Democrats to the Republicans about the time of MLK's death.

14. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let us not forget the news from four years ago, when the Trump Transition Team was preparing to take office:

Early 2017: Trump Transition Team Cancels Ethic Training Class

"Donald Trump’s team rejected the opportunity to take part in an ethics course for cabinet nominees and senior White House staff, leaked documents have reportedly revealed.

The course, part of a programme designed to give incoming presidents and their teams a grounding in the skills of governing, would have provided advice on leadership, ethics and management."

" ... the training was never provided because Mr Trump’s transition team said it did not meet their “current needs”. "

"The first weeks of Mr Trump’s presidency have been dogged by a series of scandals and mishaps. Within a week of taking office, the Republican’s executive order on immigration reform was blocked by the courts after being ruled unlawful, amid chaos over how it should be enforced.

Days later, Mr Trump’s national security adviser, Michael Flynn, was forced to resign after it emerged he had misled colleagues, including Vice President Mike Pence, about the nature of his conversations with Russian officials."

"And Mr Trump’s attorney general, Jeff Sessions, is facing calls to resign after reports he also twice met with Mr Kislyak during the election campaign.

In January Mr Sessions told a Senate committee he had not had any communication with Russian representatives.

After the Washington Post claimed two meetings had, in fact, taken place, Mr Sessions said on Thursday that he had not met with “any Russians at any time to discuss any political campaign”.

“I have no idea what this allegation is about. It is false”, he added. "

The ethics training was part of a normal program that incoming presidential teams undergo as a part of their orientation.

Now that the wreckage of the Trump Presidency is being tallied it is becoming increasingly apparent that the ethics training was crucial and should not have been overlooked.

Being impeached twice suggests that Trump himself could have benefited from the training.

15. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Conservatives sometimes like to point out that MLK was a Republican. What they conveniently leave out was that the racists were in the Democratic Party during his life, up until LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act, and then all the Southern racists of the Democratic Party switched to the Republican Party. The mantel of racism transferred from the Democrats to the Republicans about the time of MLK's death.
    So they say........... Have you ever seen any proof MLK was in the gop??

16. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Let us not forget the news from four years ago, when the Trump Transition Team was preparing to take office:

Early 2017: Trump Transition Team Cancels Ethic Training Class

"Donald Trump’s team rejected the opportunity to take part in an ethics course for cabinet nominees and senior White House staff, leaked documents have reportedly revealed.

The course, part of a programme designed to give incoming presidents and their teams a grounding in the skills of governing, would have provided advice on leadership, ethics and management."

" ... the training was never provided because Mr Trump’s transition team said it did not meet their “current needs”. "

"The first weeks of Mr Trump’s presidency have been dogged by a series of scandals and mishaps. Within a week of taking office, the Republican’s executive order on immigration reform was blocked by the courts after being ruled unlawful, amid chaos over how it should be enforced.

Days later, Mr Trump’s national security adviser, Michael Flynn, was forced to resign after it emerged he had misled colleagues, including Vice President Mike Pence, about the nature of his conversations with Russian officials."

"And Mr Trump’s attorney general, Jeff Sessions, is facing calls to resign after reports he also twice met with Mr Kislyak during the election campaign.

In January Mr Sessions told a Senate committee he had not had any communication with Russian representatives.

After the Washington Post claimed two meetings had, in fact, taken place, Mr Sessions said on Thursday that he had not met with “any Russians at any time to discuss any political campaign”.

“I have no idea what this allegation is about. It is false”, he added. "

The ethics training was part of a normal program that incoming presidential teams undergo as a part of their orientation.

Now that the wreckage of the Trump Presidency is being tallied it is becoming increasingly apparent that the ethics training was crucial and should not have been overlooked.

Being impeached twice suggests that Trump himself could have benefited from the training.
    Didn't meet their needs. that is an understatement........

I doubt trump can even spell ethics.............

17. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

So they say........... Have you ever seen any proof MLK was in the gop??
    Wow!

Thanks for asking.

I just checked out his wiki page and learned that no, he was not a member of either party. I must have gotten the 'King was a Republican' misinformation from a conservative, assumed it was correct, and never verified it for myself. King said God would not have picked a party, so he didn't want to either. But it also appears that though he chose to be a member of neither party, he frequently voted with Democrats.

I had it all wrong.

Glad you prompted me to look that up.

18. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

This was the most bipartisan impeachment ever and it only took seconds.

Hahahahahahahahah!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-18-2021)

20. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    This was the most bipartisan impeachment ever and it only took seconds.
    Cut and dried.