Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Hand The Articles Of Impeachment Over For 100 Days

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,998 Times in 14,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Default Don't Hand The Articles Of Impeachment Over For 100 Days

It would be a much wiser move to keep the articles of impeachment from the Senate until after Biden's cabinet is seated, and the nation is moving in the right direction with respect to Covid.

By then, the investigation into trump's involvement in the terrorist actions at the Capitol, as well as his campaign violations in Ga will be finished. We already know that he pressured more than one person in Ga to falsify the ballot count. Who knows how many more will surface? Say nothing about staff who will be coming forward with information about the crimes committed after the election.

The House can add more articles of impeachment, and pressure a small handful of Senate Republicans to do the right thing. Imagine trump stroking out because he won't be able to ever run for office again? He can't fundraise for same, and he might even lose SS protection.

Clyburn says House may hold articles of impeachment until after Biden's first 100 days
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-12-2021), PoliTalker (01-12-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 15 Posts

Sounds like the Mueller report all over again.

You guys really don't learn do you?

4. The Following User Groans At Tinker For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (01-14-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Impeaching someone who is already gone is an extraconstitutional political stunt that weakens the nation.

The Empire says Thanks!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It would be a much wiser move to keep the articles of impeachment from the Senate until after Biden's cabinet is seated, and the nation is moving in the right direction with respect to Covid.

By then, the investigation into trump's involvement in the terrorist actions at the Capitol, as well as his campaign violations in Ga will be finished. We already know that he pressured more than one person in Ga to falsify the ballot count. Who knows how many more will surface? Say nothing about staff who will be coming forward with information about the crimes committed after the election.

The House can add more articles of impeachment, and pressure a small handful of Senate Republicans to do the right thing. Imagine trump stroking out because he won't be able to ever run for office again? He can't fundraise for same, and he might even lose SS protection.

Clyburn says House may hold articles of impeachment until after Biden's first 100 days
    There are negative optics with that approach. To some, it will feel as though the DC riots were "blown off" and not given it's just significance.

As with most things, there are pros and cons to both approaches.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Impeaching someone who is already gone is an extraconstitutional political stunt that weakens the nation.

The Empire says Thanks!
    Having your brainwashed idiot supporters storm the Capitol does a pretty damn good job of attempting to weaken the nation.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Empire says Thanks!
    It keeps a rink all from seeking office in the future.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

Trump will be tried for obstruction based on the Mueller Report.

10. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

PostmodernProphet (01-13-2021)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Althea (01-13-2021)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post

Great idea. Hold it over him. No quick closure. Let him wallow in it.

It would also strip away any charges that it was done out of haste and shock over the capitol attack which endangered the lawmakers.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

The idea that Trump would run for President again seems fear-based. Or perhaps another symptom of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

Learn what? Trump is criminal and a traitor. Congress would be derelict in their duty not to impeach him. What exactly would you like 'you guys' to learn? How to violate your oath of office? We'll leave that one to Republicans. Thanks.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,242 Times in 13,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

The Empire says Thanks!
    Precisely. You cannot impeach someone when they no longer hold the office you are impeaching them for.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Althea,

Great idea. Hold it over him. No quick closure. Let him wallow in it.

It would also strip away any charges that it was done out of haste and shock over the capitol attack which endangered the lawmakers.
    And replace it with the idea that the whole thing is a vindictive show trial in the Stalinist tradition to get revenge rather than do anything legal and justified.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Precisely. You cannot impeach someone when they no longer hold the office you are impeaching them for.
    Making a mockery of the Constitution is AOK with the Modern Morons!

Any stick that can be lifted to beat Trump and the people who like Trump will be.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    And replace it with the idea that the whole thing is a vindictive show trial in the Stalinist tradition to get revenge rather than do anything legal and justified.
    Justice and revenge are two entirely different concepts.

One is a personal vendetta.

The other is society dealing with a wrong through established and respected institutions.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (01-13-2021)