1. #316 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,478 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Military do. The rest? No so much.
    Agreed on military. Trump appointees and Sand Crabs not so much.

Let's be honest, many do work hard but how much intelligence does it take to be a pencil-pushing cubicite working on a government payscale working 9-5, M-F with two weeks of vacation and all holidays off? If their retirement plan is the same as the Navy's, then they must choose 20 years or nothing. Have things changed since the 1990s?

State governments throw waaaay too much money at their employees as an appeasement. Police and firefighters need to be properly paid, but their unions are part of the problem. I'm pro-union, but I'm pro-common sense first. Promising lucrative bennies in the future for their vote today is a sure way to go bankrupt in the future.

Even so, no matter what DC is paying their cops, many earned a lifetime's worth of pay and some need to be charged as facilitating a crime.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #317 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed on military. Trump appointees and Sand Crabs not so much.

Let's be honest, many do work hard but how much intelligence does it take to be a pencil-pushing cubicite working on a government payscale working 9-5, M-F with two weeks of vacation and all holidays off? If their retirement plan is the same as the Navy's, then they must choose 20 years or nothing. Have things changed since the 1990s?

State governments throw waaaay too much money at their employees as an appeasement. Police and firefighters need to be properly paid, but their unions are part of the problem. I'm pro-union, but I'm pro-common sense first. Promising lucrative bennies in the future for their vote today is a sure way to go bankrupt in the future.

Even so, no matter what DC is paying their cops, many earned a lifetime's worth of pay and some need to be charged as facilitating a crime.
    I agree with that. What did I miss about DC LEO though?

3. #318 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The best example of white privilege would be people like Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, etc.

From the movie Patton:

George S. Patton Jr.: I know I'm a prima donna. I admit it. What I can't stand about Monty is, he won't admit it.

Republicans admit they are and expect to be privileged by their wealth and status, Democrats refuse to admit it. Besides their political polarity, that's the main difference I see between them.

4. #319 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

From the movie Patton:

George S. Patton Jr.: I know I'm a prima donna. I admit it. What I can't stand about Monty is, he won't admit it.

Republicans admit they are and expect to be privileged by their wealth and status, Democrats refuse to admit it. Besides their political polarity, that's the main difference I see between them.
    Sir, I believe you have nailed it.

5. #320 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I agree with that. What did I miss about DC LEO though?
    Them holding the line at the riot but some appeared less determined to do their job. The selfies thing was a major fuckup. The DCPD will figure it out.

You know shit rolls downhill and when the major heads start to roll, the minor heads are certain to follow. I wouldn't want to be in that shitstorm.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (01-14-2021)

7. #321 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,427 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Military do. The rest? No so much.
    USPS workers, countless clerical and administrative workers, IT folk, attorneys, engineers, scientists, auditors/accountants (my late brother was a VN war era vet and accountant with Army Audit Agency). NASA, CDC EPA, USDA. We the People are lucky to employ very bright minds, hard workers, and innovative thinkers. That's the beauty of America -- and of our government which can afford to hire them.

Sorry, but just 'cause you worked in the military doesn't make you special, the best, or any more worthy than these fine people who make the lives of us citizens better, every single day.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-14-2021)

9. #322 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    USPS workers, countless clerical and administrative workers, IT folk, attorneys, engineers, scientists, auditors/accountants (my late brother was a VN war era vet and accountant with Army Audit Agency). NASA, CDC EPA, USDA. We the People are lucky to employ very bright minds, hard workers, and innovative thinkers. That's the beauty of America -- and of our government which can afford to hire them.

Sorry, but just 'cause you worked in the military doesn't make you special, the best, or any more worthy than these fine people who make the lives of us citizens better, every single day.
    Au contraire mon ami. Military are very special. Even so, government workers are a necessity. This drive for years to privatize everything only ends up making some people very rich at a higher cost to taxpayers and worse results.

Regardless, state and federal workers are an essential part of a state or federal government. Bureaucracy sucks but it sucks worse without it. Despite all the D's and R's running for office making promises, like Trump has proved, all they do is spend more money, drive up debt and walk away scott-free from any messes they make. We should keep our eye on our government, but we should be smart enough to know we need it for our own prosperity and security.

10. #323 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

From the movie Patton:

What planet are you from?

PLEASE point out where ANY GOPer has "admitted" to white privilege helping them along in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

11. #324 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    What planet are you from?

PLEASE point out where ANY GOPer has "admitted" to white privilege helping them along in life.
    Scroll up, numbnuts. "White Privilege" is a fabricated term like "Assault Weapon". If Democrats would stop lying, maybe people like me would trust them more.

12. #325 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Scroll up, numbnuts. "White Privilege" is a fabricated term like "Assault Weapon". If Democrats would stop lying, maybe people like me would trust them more.
    No, it's not. "White privilege" means your race has afforded you the de facto position of being in the ruling class of society. It means your race puts you in prime position to succeed.

Don't believe me? Prior to 1980, how many people of color served in Congress, on the Supreme Court, as President, as governor, as head of a Fortune 500 business, etc.?

Democrats are not lying about this issue, and we're not going to stop using terms that hurt your fragile little feelers.

13. #326 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, it's not. "White privilege" means your race has afforded you the de facto position of being in the ruling class of society. It means your race puts you in prime position to succeed.

Don't believe me? Prior to 1980, how many people of color served in Congress, on the Supreme Court, as President, as governor, as head of a Fortune 500 business, etc.?

Democrats are not lying about this issue, and we're not going to stop using terms that hurt your fragile little feelers.
    QED. Liberal racists are no better than RW racists. Both seek to deprive Americans of their rights.

14. #327 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

QED.
    #OKBOOMER

15. #328 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

#OKBOOMER
    Thank you, sir, for once again proving why Democrats are lying punks with no fucking clue. Sad, but true.

Is it any wonder why 70% of Americans aren't Democrats?

16. #329 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

Have you ever worked with Govt employees? Apparently not. They are not bright, they are not hard workers and they are far from innovative. That is the reason our Government subs out work to real companies that can actually do it.

17. #330 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,427 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Have you ever worked with Govt employees? Apparently not. They are not bright, they are not hard workers and they are far from innovative. That is the reason our Government subs out work to real companies that can actually do it.
    Sure thing there, Popeye. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain