Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: What is White Privilege?

1. #331 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    No, it's not. "White privilege" means your race has afforded you the de facto position of being in the ruling class of society. It means your race puts you in prime position to succeed.

Don't believe me? Prior to 1980, how many people of color served in Congress, on the Supreme Court, as President, as governor, as head of a Fortune 500 business, etc.?

Democrats are not lying about this issue, and we're not going to stop using terms that hurt your fragile little feelers.
    When has my Irish Catholic or Polish Catholic side been awarded this White privilege!?

2. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Sure thing there, Popeye. lol
    Like I said, you obviously never worked with them. And once again the reason the government subs out the real work to real companies.

3. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Like I said, you obviously never worked with them. And once again the reason the government subs out the real work to real companies.
    You would be so wrong about that, but sure... keep assuming stuff.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's because Republicans want to move taxpayer money into campaign donor pockets.

While some things can be subcontracted out, I fail to see any improvement in results, just higher costs.

There's a reason why the US doesn't subcontract the US military to mercenaries.

Any problems in government workers is a failure of leadership. A long term failure of leadership.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    No, it's not. "White privilege" means your race has afforded you the de facto position of being in the ruling class of society. It means your race puts you in prime position to succeed.

ROFL.. try getting a job because you are white..see how far that gets you (not)
    If i'm in the ruling class why have I no more power then my Hispanic neighbors?

6. #336 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You would be so wrong about that, but sure... keep assuming stuff.
    I am not wrong about any of that. As I keep saying, you have not worked with those folks. Try it. Let me know how it went.

7. #337 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    A fabricated term like "assault weapon". It means majority rule.

Better to enforce the Constitutional rights of every American rather than to create special rules for people based on skin-tone, religion or anything else. All must be equal before the law.
    so you're definitely against affirmative action quotas?

8. #338 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's because Republicans want to move taxpayer money into campaign donor pockets.

While some things can be subcontracted out, I fail to see any improvement in results, just higher costs.

There's a reason why the US doesn't subcontract the US military to mercenaries.

Any problems in government workers is a failure of leadership. A long term failure of leadership.
    Umm...Democrats use private companies also. And the U.S. does subcontract to Mercenaries now Dutch. They just call them PMC's (Private Military Companies). There was something like 100,000 in Iraq. The United States is not signatory to the 1989 United Nations Mercenary Convention banning the use of mercenaries.

9. #339 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Umm...Democrats use private companies also. And the U.S. does subcontract to Mercenaries now Dutch. They just call them PMC's (Private Military Companies). There was something like 100,000 in Iraq. The United States is not signatory to the 1989 United Nations Mercenary Convention banning the use of mercenaries.
    Agreed. All the rich guys have deals with the companies. It's not a secret. God Bless America and capitalism. That can be taken sarcastically, but it shouldn't.

Capitalism fueled the world's greatest democracy. Why are the Lefties giving it a bad rap? OTOH, when capitalism encroaches on the Preambles of the Constitution, then We, the People need to stand up or give up the freedom envisioned by those who died for it.

The idealism of the one citizen, one vote should stand strongest among all of our beliefs. E Pluribus Unum is, and always has been, our greatest strength.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (01-17-2021)

11. #340 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    so you're definitely against affirmative action quotas?
    Look deeper, son. Every human being is an asset, something to be maximized for the greater good of themselves and, consequently, our nation, the world, whatever.

From a management perspective, wasting any assets, human or otherwise, is costly and highly inefficient.

From a leadership perspective, it's a loss of opportunities, a failure to maximize one's options.

From a Constitutional government's perspective, it's a failure of government which should be fixed for the betterment of the nation as a whole.

IMHO, giving shit away is stupid. Necessities are necessities and should be provided for the good of the nation. Aside from just staying alive, people also have a very strong desire to have value to others. If they don't do something that satisfies their desire to have value to others, then it's very human to feel frustrated.

Our culture is inundated with various people telling them they are losers and far too many feel they are losers, that their children will end up as losers and that, if they don't do something now, then they will die losers. That's a very discomforting belief to have.

A good maxim is to understand that the most dangerous people in the world are those with nothing to lose. Human beings will fight to survive. It's in our nature. If they feel their life has no value then most will fight to give it value. Not just for themselves, but for their children and grandchildren. This is a very common, human thing. Why do so many people not seem to understand it?

12. #341 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Look deeper, son. Every human being is an asset, something to be maximized for the greater good of themselves and, consequently, our nation, the world, whatever.

From a management perspective, wasting any assets, human or otherwise, is costly and highly inefficient.

From a leadership perspective, it's a loss of opportunities, a failure to maximize one's options.

From a Constitutional government's perspective, it's a failure of government which should be fixed for the betterment of the nation as a whole.

IMHO, giving shit away is stupid. Necessities are necessities and should be provided for the good of the nation. Aside from just staying alive, people also have a very strong desire to have value to others. If they don't do something that satisfies their desire to have value to others, then it's very human to feel frustrated.

Our culture is inundated with various people telling them they are losers and far too many feel they are losers, that their children will end up as losers and that, if they don't do something now, then they will die losers. That's a very discomforting belief to have.

A good maxim is to understand that the most dangerous people in the world are those with nothing to lose. Human beings will fight to survive. It's in our nature. If they feel their life has no value then most will fight to give it value. Not just for themselves, but for their children and grandchildren. This is a very common, human thing. Why do so many people not seem to understand it?
    so, idiot, are you for affirmative action quotas?

13. #342 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    so, idiot, are you for affirmative action quotas?
    Dyam, kid! Ain't you figured it out yet? WTF, bro? LOL

14. #343 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dyam, kid! Ain't you figured it out yet? WTF, bro? LOL
    lol, you're an idiot. hahhaha

15. #344 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    ROFL.. try getting a job because you are white..see how far that gets you (not)
    If i'm in the ruling class why have I no more power then my Hispanic neighbors?

Because you're fucking retarded. Even white people won't get ahead if they're dumb as a rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis