1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Rune,

You are entitled to your view but unless you care to explain what you think is incorrect then such a claim is as empty as the claim that the 2020 election was 'fraudulent.'

Additionally, if my comment belongs in a PM, then so does yours.

ps: I've had my say on the matter and have no plans to pursue it unless there is a response which deems a subsequent comment.
    Rule sixteen.
    You broke it.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    And *that* right there -- despite being a lifelong liberal -- is why I value and want to preserve real Republicans.

Brakes. Brakes are what a car needs, a plane, an economic system, a country. A real Republican can tell me when my pipe dreams are not practical because [real reasons backed by data]. I will listen. In turn a real liberal can explain to that real Republican that yes, he's right but this is why it is a good idea for the country to support ____. He will listen. If we both listen, we can hammer things out for all the people. We used to do that.

We got way too much yelling and bullshit now, and way too little actual listening.
    good points.

My hypothesis:
    End gerrymandering, enact public financing of elections, and have non partisan commissions draw congressional districts per census data. That might go a long way to limiting the power of hyper partisan radicals.

There are many Republicans in Congress who feel like they only are answerable to the radical right, because their districts are drawn to protect them.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-11-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-11-2021)