Thread: Armed Insurrections planned for 1/16-1/20

1. #346 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So you're doing the same thing anatta does here.

You set a bizarre standard for yourself that you then have to requalify and adjust.

What I said was that BLM didn't kill any cops.

You then tried to blame cop shootings in Dallas, WHERE YOUR OWN LINK SAYS THAT NO SUSPECTS WERE ARRESTED, on BLM when it it 99% likely that the people who shot cops were the same people who killed cops in CA and then last week in DC.
    No, you idiot, I simply posted examples that by your logic would be BLM...

I didn't blame it on BLM, but I posted images and it happened during BLM protests so by your logic here in this thread, they "incited it" and it must have "been them"...

Saying that "nobody was arrested" doesn't make it better.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #347 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    "Your people"?
    Yeah, nazis.

Which Native American libertarian killed a cop last year?
    If you're native American and a libertarian then I'm Tom Brady and this is my wife Giselle.

I'll bet you can't find even one.
    It's real easy to go on an anonymous message board and claim to be something you're not, since nothing here is verified and there's no accountability.

But I bet if we took a deep dive into your posting history, we'd see you representing yourself as something new and different every week.

alk more about "my people" idiot.
    I don't believe a fucking thing you say about yourself, and I find it contemptuous of you to expect that accommodation.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #348 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    True, but when cops actually end up dead, doesn't that change the entire equation? Talk is cheap but when people start dying, someone needs to be accountable.

If Trump had just said "Have a nice day, thanks for coming" and they attacked Congress, that's one thing but once he pointed them at Congress saying "You have to show strength, and you have to be strong" and "we will stop the steal" then he either did it on purpose or he's a fucking moron. Mostly I think he's a fucking moron with too much money and selfishness for his own good. Now he's going to pay his wrongs in a lot of different courts, both criminal and civil.

Trump ‘Save America Rally’ speech transcript from 6 January
    we will stop the steal. Today I will lay out just some of the evidence proving that we won this election, and we won it by a landslide. This was not a close election....

...they want to steal the election. The radical left knows exactly what they’re doing. They’re ruthless and it’s time that somebody did something about it....

...This is the greatest in history. There’s never been a movement like that. You look back there all the way to the Washington Monument. It’s hard to believe. We must stop the steal and then we must ensure that such outrageous election fraud never happens again, can never be allowed to happen again, but we’re going forward.
    Right, as I said, he was talking about it. Taking it out of the context where he says, "I didn't come up with that, you did, but I like it." right after "stop the steal" is where the issue lies there... LOL.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #349 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah, nazis.

If you're native American and a libertarian then I'm Tom Brady and this is my wife Giselle.

It's real easy to go on an anonymous message board and claim to be something you're not, since nothing here is verified and there's no accountability.

But I bet if we took a deep dive into your posting history, we'd see you representing yourself as something new and different every week.

I don't believe a fucking thing you say about yourself, and I find it contemptuous of you to expect that accommodation.
    Well, Tom, you shouldn't out yourself as an idiot on this website. I don't give a damn about you and your stupid. "Stop the steal" is not incitement. It will never be. The law is specific the term is not.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

5. #350 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, you idiot, I simply posted examples that by your logic would be BLM...
    Turns out he wasn't BLM, he was a veteran.

I didn't blame it on BLM
    STOP.

but I posted images and it happened during BLM protests
    So you're admitting to being a piece of shit liar? Weird flex, bro.

so by your logic here in this thread, they "incited it" and it must have "been them"...
    BLACK LIVES MATTER - not a call to incitement because the slogan says "black lives matter".

STOP THE STEAL - a call to incitement, literally because how would you stop the steal of an election that wasn't stolen?

Saying that "nobody was arrested" doesn't make it better.
    I was hoping you would walk into this trap.

So there was someone who was arrested for the cop killings in Dallas. His name is Micah Johnson and he was a veteran, not a BLM protester. In fact, he wasn't even at the protests. You didn't know that, and were trying to incite something against BLM because you are trying to make this a bothsides thing in order to escape culpability for your role in fostering, supporting, and growing the insurrection.
    Last edited by LV426; 01-14-2021 at 03:11 PM.

6. #351 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Turns out he wasn't BLM, he was a veteran.

STOP.

So you're admitting to being a piece of shit liar? Weird flex, bro.

BLACK LIVES MATTER - not a call to incitement because the slogan says "black lives matter".

STOP THE STEAL - a call to incitement, literally because how would you stop the steal of an election that wasn't stolen?

I was hoping you would walk into this trap.

So there was someone who was arrested for the cop killings in Dallas. His name is Micah Johnson and he was a veteran, not a BLM protester. In fact, he wasn't even at the protests.
    LOL. Some folks said, "Most secure election ever" in proximity to that riot as well, we should assume it was the "incitement"!

The reality is, the law is specific, you have to be specific to be inciting. It has to be so specific that even chanting for something as clear as "dead cops" is not incitement.

Remember, please, the only thing I am doing here is telling you what can and cannot be considered incitement. I am not suggesting that some folks should be arrested for their protests only noting that what they said was far closer to incitement, but still wasn't, because it was not specific enough according to the law.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

7. #352 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, Tom, you shouldn't out yourself as an idiot on this website. I don't give a damn about you and your stupid. "Stop the steal" is not incitement. It will never be. The law is specific the term is not.
    I know where this conversation is going because it always goes to the same place with people like you...

You: I'm this thing I invented to give myself credibility on an anonymous internet forum

Me: OK prove you are this thing

You: No.

I can't tell you how many conversations with Conservatives and Moderates on JPP all inevitably end the same way; with you claiming to be something, me asking you to prove it, and you refusing by saying "I don't care if you believe me".

Really? If you didn't care so much, then why did you say it in the first place? Because you thought it lends your argument credibility you don't otherwise have...it also is a convenient way to jettison the people who make you look bad, so you can appear thoughtful or reasonable, when you only really look like a gigantic douche.

8. #353 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Stop the steal" is not incitement
    So then, "stop the steal", how?

9. #354 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 4,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

The article said "armed protests", not "armed insurrections."

10. #355 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL. Some folks said, "Most secure election ever" in proximity to that riot as well, we should assume it was the "incitement"!
    It was the most secure election ever, and that was said by the DHS Secretary months ago.

The reality is, the law is specific, you have to be specific to be inciting.
    "Stop the steal", how, then?

It has to be so specific that even chanting for something as clear as "dead cops" is not incitement.
    "STOP THE STEAL" is incitement because there's nothing to stop...nothing was stolen. So how would they "STOP THE STEAL" any other way than through the violence they did last week.

That's the thing, man...they were incited to violence by something. What was that something? Otehrwise, you have to say that they were there for the purpose of terrorizing and insurrecting against the government.

So you really have two awful options right now...admitting that the violence your friends did on Wednesday was incited by Trump, OR they were already incited before they got there.

Because they tried to insurrect against the government, violently.

11. #356 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL. This is exactly what I've been saying...

That's why it isn't "incitement" it is not specific enough.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #357 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,649 Times in 51,930 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Right, as I said, he was talking about it. Taking it out of the context where he says, "I didn't come up with that, you did, but I like it." right after "stop the steal" is where the issue lies there... LOL.
    Dude, you know as well as I do all politicians, showmen and PR assholes lie out of both sides of their mouth. I'm not a fucking lawyer, but common sense still rules my day. I hope it does everyone elses.

Again, I think Trump kinda had a funny idea about a great PR stunt and how it would rally the entire US around him, but he's a fucking moron. A two year old with a loaded pistol. He fucked up because he doesn't' comprehend results of what he's doing. You know as well as I do "he's his own man" meaning he rarely listens to anyone except the whimsy in his brain. He's an idiot with a great skill as bullshitting people.

He owns this. He's the fucking President of the United States of America. If he's not responsible, then who is? Antifa? Hillary? WTF? Common sense should rule.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. #358 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It was the most secure election ever, and that was said by the DHS Secretary months ago.

"Stop the steal", how, then?

"STOP THE STEAL" is incitement because there's nothing to stop...nothing was stolen. So how would they "STOP THE STEAL" any other way than through the violence they did last week.

That's the thing, man...they were incited to violence by something. What was that something?
    It wasn't the stupid slogan. What was it? I have no idea. It wasn't a speech that literally called for "peaceful protest" at the capitol either. Personally I think some folks came there with a plan that had nothing to do with Trump's speech. Of course that is just an opinion... I'm sure we'll have some time to actually find out between now and the impeachment trial in the Senate though...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #359 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    The article said "armed protests", not "armed insurrections."
    Parsing words is pointless...it was a violent insurrection they were incited to do.

Because if you're going to argue that Trump didn't incite them, then that means they went there with the express purpose of launching an insurrection.

Otherwise, why did they violently attack the Capitol?

15. #360 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 4,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

The rally was literally called "STOP THE STEAL".

So the gallows were the "STOP" part of that.
    "Stop" could also mean actions taken by Congress since they were meeting to count the electoral votes. Being at that event did not mean they intended to commit violence since most did not do so.