Thread: No, Trump Isn’t Guilty of Incitement

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    John Adams, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock, Paul Revere, and Patrick Henry all incited rebellion against their lawful king.

Anyone got anything to say about that?

Any hypocrites wanna howl about their SHAMEFUL UNDEMOCRATIC LAWLESS TREASONOUS behavior?

My only comment is you are backing a loser

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Ok, so the Trump-supporting crowd at the Capitol is just as bad as BLM and Antifa.

Got it. Thanks.
    Has Ayanna Pressley been removed from office?

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 10,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

John Adams, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock, Paul Revere, and Patrick Henry all incited rebellion against their lawful king.

Any hypocrites wanna howl about their SHAMEFUL UNDEMOCRATIC LAWLESS TREASONOUS behavior?
    OK. Until your post, Bull&Terrier had the stupidest fucking post of the day. Congrats. You just kicked his ass and zoomed far beyond anything he posted.

Trying to compare Trump with those Founding Fathers is a winner.

Ding, ding!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (01-11-2021), Trumpet (01-11-2021)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, Trump Isn’t Guilty of Incitement

Inflaming emotions isn’t a crime. The president didn’t mention violence, much less provoke it.

House Democrats have drafted an article of impeachment that accuses President Trump of “incitement to insurrection.” Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin said Thursday that his office is “looking at all actors here and anyone that had a role” in the Capitol riot. Some reporters have construed that as including Mr. Trump.

The president didn’t commit incitement or any other crime. I should know. As a Washington prosecutor I earned the nickname “protester prosecutor” from the antiwar group CodePink. In one trial, I convicted 31 protesters who disrupted congressional traffic by obstructing the Capitol Crypt. In another, I convicted a CodePink activist who smeared her hands with fake blood, charged at then-Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in a House hearing room, and incited the audience to seize the secretary of state physically. In other cases, I dropped charges when the facts fell short of the legal standard for incitement. One such defendant was the antiwar activist Cindy Sheehan.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/no-trum...J1MlpvqYIfljEg

The president didn’t mention violence on Wednesday, much less provoke or incite it. He said, “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”
    Did you overlook the fact that this article is an Opinion/Commentary
    Lock Him Up

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-11-2021)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,176 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

No, Trump Isn’t Guilty of Incitement

Inflaming emotions isn’t a crime. The president didn’t mention violence, much less provoke it.

House Democrats have drafted an article of impeachment that accuses President Trump of “incitement to insurrection.” Acting U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin said Thursday that his office is “looking at all actors here and anyone that had a role” in the Capitol riot. Some reporters have construed that as including Mr. Trump.

The president didn’t commit incitement or any other crime. I should know. As a Washington prosecutor I earned the nickname “protester prosecutor” from the antiwar group CodePink. In one trial, I convicted 31 protesters who disrupted congressional traffic by obstructing the Capitol Crypt. In another, I convicted a CodePink activist who smeared her hands with fake blood, charged at then-Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in a House hearing room, and incited the audience to seize the secretary of state physically. In other cases, I dropped charges when the facts fell short of the legal standard for incitement. One such defendant was the antiwar activist Cindy Sheehan.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/no-trum...J1MlpvqYIfljEg

The president didn’t mention violence on Wednesday, much less provoke or incite it. He said, “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”
    Acting Michael Sherwin is about to be fired in about a week! HE IS A CROOKED DONALD TRUMP CRONY!

And I'll just make this PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT and remind you, NO ONE OTHER THAN A TRUMPTARDED MOTHER-FUCKER GIVES ONE SQUIRT OF RUNNY SHIT ABOUT WHAT HE HAS TO SAY!

THE TRUTH HURTS DON'T IT? LOL!

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,566 Times in 17,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

in Trump's bad speech he lied and lied about the election, technology and the Dems. he said" after this, we will walk down to the capitol and I will be there with you...Then he said :" We have to show strength. You have to be strong."
    Trump wanted the violence to happen and he gave a speech full of lies to rouse the people up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-11-2021)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump not guilty for reasons of insanity.
    Lock Him Up

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fight for Trump. Trial by combat. You won't take this country back with weakness.

But there will be investigations into what was said that morning, and what was KNOWN that morning. Trump wanted this to happen, and was slow to act to stop it. He is guilty. History will judge him just like they will judge you, traitor.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

no worries (01-12-2021)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 3,362 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 637 Times in 605 Posts

You really are that stupid, aren't you.

First of all, since they were revolting against a King it couldn't be "undemocratic."
    Secondly, their actions were lawless and treasonous under English law.
    They did incite rebellion and if they had not been successful they would have been hung for their actions.

In this case, Trump's attempt to overthrow the US government was not successful. Should he be subject to the same penalty John Adams, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock, Paul Revere, and Patrick Henry were subject to if they had failed? Perhaps you are familiar with Nathan Hale. I doubt Trump would be so willing to give his life for his cause.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

Jerome (01-11-2021), no worries (01-12-2021)

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Naturally you neglected to mention the many attempts this president has made to inflame his supporters by pretending the election was illegal and in reality he had won by thousands of votes. A message that was repeated over and over to those who would believe anything he tells them.
    He has every right to dispute the results of the election. Stacey Abrams still hasn’t conceded her loss in GA 2 years later. Disputing the results of the election is not incitement. Just a fact

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

Pressley calls for ‘unrest’ – and no Dem will call her out

Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley, a Democrat from Massachusetts, went on national TV to declare “Communities from Boston to Portland are rising up.” She then brazenly called for “unrest in the streets.”

As if on cue, anarchist thugs in Portland, Ore., did just that. They dragged a couple from their pickup truck, assaulted the woman, then repeatedly beat the defenseless man within an inch of his life, all caught on camera.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/08...-call-her-out/

Has she been removed from office?

Until u POSs call for her to be removed u are just hypocrites

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTALITOPS View Post
    He has every right to dispute the results of the election. Stacey Abrams still hasn’t conceded her loss in GA 2 years later. Disputing the results of the election is not incitement. Just a fact
    Its far more than just disputing, and Stacy hasn't said a word about her election loss. You just make up bull shit.

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Its far more than just disputing, and Stacy hasn't said a word about her election loss. You just make up bull shit.
    You gonna go make me get the quotes or did you think you could bluff me? Cause you’re wrong

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,395 Times in 3,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

And as anyone who has read history knows they were all deemed lawless by the government in power and understood their peril if their rebellion failed and they faced trial. Any other apt comparisons you would like to suggest?

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTALITOPS View Post
    You gonna go make me get the quotes or did you think you could bluff me? Cause you’re wrong
    Post your quotes, you aint got nothing.