Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Blow: We Need A Second Great Migration

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Partially true, for decades racism in the north wasn’t as open, largely institutionalized, wasn’t as transparent, but at the same time, most of the NorthEast has always been multicultural, and has a greater acceptance of diversity. I’d argue that the racism existed, but the hate that motivated it didn’t exist to the level you’d find in the ole south

Your post is highlighting the DuBois/Washington argument, is political or economic powers the key to success. The real answer probably is both, history hasn’t really validated all of one without the other
    Not where I grew up. It's always been racist as hell. Most of the small towns in the area I grew up in rural west Ohio were sun down towns until the late 70's and early 80's. To this day I know a lot of people who live there who can not refer to anyone of a racial or ethnic minority without using pejorative phrases. Not only that the Northern and Midwestern States are for more segregated now than they are in the South. You don't see many blacks or ethnic minorities living in small towns in the rural midwest where as in the South it's very common for around 20% or more of a small towns population to be back.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    What's wrong with moving back to Africa? They could automatically be in the Majority.
    Or you could just move back to idiotville where you would be king.

Most of these people have never been to Africa, they can't "go back" if they've never been there.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Or you could just move back to idiotville where you would be king.

Most of these people have never been to Africa, they can't "go back" if they've never been there.
    hahahahahaha ...
    I believe the Topic was 'Political Power through Racial Majority'. So, echoing that theme, I made a, what I thought, was an obvious solution.

Now, similar to Charles Blow's idea, is the idea from Farrakhan and David Duke. They support 'Ethno-States', or probably more like 'Reservations' for Racial Groups.

And, not to be picky or point fingers, I imagine you are against Jews returning to Israel just because they haven't been there in 2,000 years.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

hahahahahaha ...
    I believe the Topic was 'Political Power through Racial Majority'. So, echoing that theme, I made a, what I thought, was an obvious solution.

Now, similar to Charles Blow's idea, is the idea from Farrakhan and David Duke. They support 'Ethno-States', or probably more like 'Reservations' for Racial Groups.

And, not to be picky or point fingers, I imagine you are against Jews returning to Israel just because they haven't been there in 2,000 years.
    I just point out that a Jew that has never been to Israel cannot "return" to Israel. Words mean things, and apparently not what you think they mean.

The reality is folks that were born in the US of A and have never been to another country cannot "return" to anyplace other than someplace in the US of A... Just like you can't "return" to "whitepeopleland" and live with other folks more like you. Mostly because they refuse stupid people there.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Sailor (01-11-2021)

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I just point out that a Jew that has never been to Israel cannot "return" to Israel. Words mean things, and apparently not what you think they mean.

The reality is folks that were born in the US of A and have never been to another country cannot "return" to anyplace other than someplace in the US of A... Just like you can't "return" to "whitepeopleland" and live with other folks more like you. Mostly because they refuse stupid people there.
    Dam: "I just point out that a Jew that has never been to Israel cannot "return" to Israel. Words mean things, and apparently not what you think they mean."
    Jack: 'Right of Return' is a concept of returning to your ethnic origins in some people's minds.

*"The Back-to-Africa movement, also known as the Colonization movement or Black Zionism, originated in the United States in the 19th century. It encouraged those of African descent to return to the African homelands of their ancestors. This movement would eventually inspire other movements ranging from the Nation of Islam to the Rastafari movement, and proved to be popular among African Americans and their white contemporaries."
    https://infogalactic.com/info/Back-to-Africa_movement

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dam: "I just point out that a Jew that has never been to Israel cannot "return" to Israel. Words mean things, and apparently not what you think they mean."
    Jack: 'Right of Return' is a concept of returning to your ethnic origins in some people's minds.

*"The Back-to-Africa movement, also known as the Colonization movement or Black Zionism, originated in the United States in the 19th century. It encouraged those of African descent to return to the African homelands of their ancestors. This movement would eventually inspire other movements ranging from the Nation of Islam to the Rastafari movement, and proved to be popular among African Americans and their white contemporaries."
    https://infogalactic.com/info/Back-to-Africa_movement
    Right, stupid racists think they can tell folks to "go back" and that will fix things. It is stupid, and only idiots are stupid enough to think that folks that have never been somewhere would want to "go back" to someplace they are not from and have never been to. I find racists to be simpleton piles of sphincter mucous. That you relish this status doesn't change that it is very real.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Jack (01-11-2021), Sailor (01-11-2021)

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Right, stupid racists think they can tell folks to "go back" and that will fix things. It is stupid, and only idiots are stupid enough to think that folks that have never been somewhere would want to "go back" to someplace they are not from and have never been to.
    hahahaha ...

1. Do you have an interest in discussing 'Political Power through Racial Majority'.
    2. Or are you more interested in getting your 'Race Card' stamped with an Approval rating?

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Not where I grew up. It's always been racist as hell. Most of the small towns in the area I grew up in rural west Ohio were sun down towns until the late 70's and early 80's. To this day I know a lot of people who live there who can not refer to anyone of a racial or ethnic minority without using pejorative phrases. Not only that the Northern and Midwestern States are for more segregated now than they are in the South. You don't see many blacks or ethnic minorities living in small towns in the rural midwest where as in the South it's very common for around 20% or more of a small towns population to be back.
    Your commented reminded me of living in L.A. On paper a very diverse and multi-cultural City but where people lived was highly segregated.

And randomly a comment about NYC when a guy said 'tell me a person's last name and I'll tell you the neighborhood he lives in'. On one hand it makes total sense that people migrate here and initially live around people/culture that they know. Over time they may start to spread out of course.

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,496 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    True. And white people who think America is too diverse can move to Croatia.
    Croatia is nice.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Your commented reminded me of living in L.A. On paper a very diverse and multi-cultural City but where people lived was highly segregated.

And randomly a comment about NYC when a guy said 'tell me a person's last name and I'll tell you the neighborhood he lives in'. On one hand it makes total sense that people migrate here and initially live around people/culture that they know. Over time they may start to spread out of course.
    or they may congregate into enclaves so as to consolidate local political power.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RomanDmowski View Post
    I can move to Ireland or Poland presumably because of my ancestry.

Both, are looking wonderful compared to the USA, right about now.
    Part of me would enjoy living in Canada. I live a couple of hours from the border and I've been there numerous times. However, I love America and I have faith that we will survive Trump.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

I have no complaints. I don't plan on moving. Do you have a point?
    Yeah. Don't try to ruin America.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Yeah. Don't try to ruin America.
    I notice the Mental Giants here, like you and Sailor, usually go to a thread, then, instead of replying to the Topic of the thread, commence to call people:
    a. Communists.
    b. Gay.
    c. Racist.

Congratulations.

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

I notice the Mental Giants here, like you and Sailor, usually go to a thread, then, instead of replying to the Topic of the thread, commence to call people:
    a. Communists.
    b. Gay.
    c. Racist.

Congratulations.
    Wrong. Again Jack. But then, have you ever been right? You can keep trying to deflect from your obvious racism. It is not working.

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Wrong. Again Jack. But then, have you ever been right? You can keep trying to deflect from your obvious racism. It is not working.

SEE!