Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Room for Debate with Treasonous Trumpers

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,464 Times in 3,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Default No Room for Debate with Treasonous Trumpers

The assault on the Capitol is not treason in the legal sense only because The United States is not formally at war. It is nevertheless an attack on the country. Americans who defend it don't belong on an American debate site any more than would have defenders of a Nazi saboteur. Ban them.

2. The Following User Groans At martin For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-10-2021)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (01-11-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-10-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    The assault on the Capitol is not treason in the legal sense only because The United States is not formally at war. It is nevertheless an attack on the country. Americans who defend it don't belong on an American debate site any more than would have defenders of a Nazi saboteur. Ban them.
    "Dialog is for chumps.....DICTATE!"

barf
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-10-2021), Truth Detector (01-10-2021)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

The assault on the Capitol is not equivalent to treason in the legal sense only because The United States is not formally at war. It is nevertheless an attack on the country. Americans who defend it don't belong on an American debate site any more than would have defenders of a Nazi saboteur. Ban them.
    not really. racist traitor confederates committed treason, but they were acting on their own racist, asshole, traitor accord, not in alliance with a foreign foe. i am not sure unarmed people invading and trashing the Capitol are actual threats to this country, or had the intent of overthrowing the country. they did mean, at least some of them, to kidnap and maybe harm certain legislators, and those few might be guilty.

Legal Definition of treason. : the offense of attempting to overthrow the government of one's country or of assisting its enemies in war specifically : the act of levying war against the United States or adhering to or giving aid and comfort to its enemies by one who owes it allegiance. Other Words from treason.

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

If you are not part of illegal activity you can certainly defend or condemn - it's not sedition to defend by speech.
    Only to plot or take part in sedition.. stop the fascist attack on speech

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-10-2021), Truth Detector (01-10-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,464 Times in 3,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    not really. racist traitor confederates committed treason, but they were acting on their own racist, asshole, traitor accord, not in alliance with a foreign foe. i am not sure unarmed people invading and trashing the Capitol are actual threats to this country, or had the intent of overthrowing the country. they did mean, at least some of them, to kidnap and maybe harm certain legislators, and those few might be guilty.

Legal Definition of treason. : the offense of attempting to overthrow the government of one's country or of assisting its enemies in war specifically : the act of levying war against the United States or adhering to or giving aid and comfort to its enemies by one who owes it allegiance. Other Words from treason.
    Confederate attacks on the country were certainly treason and recognized as such. Jefferson Davis was arrested for treason but then let go. As I said, the attack was not legally treason because the country is not at war, but it was as fully disloyal as treason.

10. The Following User Groans At martin For This Awful Post:

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Confederate attacks on the country were certainly treason and recognized as such. Jefferson Davis was arrested for treason but then let go. As I said, the attack was not legally treason because the country is not at war, but it was as fully disloyal as treason.
    no, you are wrong. treason can be entirely domestic. and does not have to be connected to any declared war.

The Constitution specifically identifies what constitutes treason against the United States and, importantly, limits the offense of treason to only two types of conduct: (1) “levying war” against the United States; or (2) “adhering to [the] enemies [of the United States], giving them aid and comfort.”

https://constitutioncenter.org/inter...iii/clauses/39

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,287 Times in 10,486 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

It’s actually sedition.

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

13. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post:

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    It’s actually sedition.

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.
    It's two, two, two crimes at once. When the south attacked and took over Ft. Sumpter, that was sedition, and treason.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

evince (01-10-2021)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agreed.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

evince (01-10-2021)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

I don’t defend them.

I want every one of them thrown in jail. We went all summer without jailing rioters but that’s beside the point. It’s a matter of principle.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Americans who defend it don't belong on an American debate site any more than would have defenders of a Nazi saboteur. Ban them.
    No shit, adding another fantasy to their list of snowflake grievances is small price to pay. When a person punches another, we don't let them by jailing them.
    When a person steals, same. People who have the ability to comport their behavior within the rules of society won't have to even think about it. Deplorables
    are just criminals with digital bullhorns to lie and spew hate.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    If you are not part of illegal activity you can certainly defend or condemn - it's not sedition to defend by speech.
    Only to plot or take part in sedition.. stop the fascist attack on speech
    If you support traitors by word or deed you are one.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I don’t defend them.

I want every one of them thrown in jail. We went all summer without jailing rioters but that’s beside the point. It’s a matter of principle.
    ROTFLMFAO!! There were more arrests at a PEACEFUL BLM protest in Washington.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-10-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-10-2021)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think its funny the demmycunts believe they ever bothered with debate......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-10-2021)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    ROTFLMFAO!! There were more arrests at a PEACEFUL BLM protest in Washington.
    more arrests and more violence.......they go hand in hand.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-10-2021)