Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Unity

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I believe in Democracy first, Liberalism second.
    You don't believe in Democracy, boy. You believe in totalitarianism.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Into the Night (01-19-2021), Truth Detector (01-20-2021)

3. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Diesel,

I have found that, through mutually respectful dialog, that is entirely possible. And rewarding. I have advocated for liberal Democratic policy and he has opposed most of it as he explained his support for more conservative thinking, but we have never gotten personal or nasty about it. It has been educational and allowed us each to gain some insight into what motivates people on the other side of the political spectrum.

It just had to be built on a foundation of mutual respect.

We all really want the same thing. A strong and successful America with as much personal freedom as possible. We simply disagree on the details of what that means and how to get there. But the basic premise is we are really on the same side. The American side. And that's the way the country was envisioned to work. Everybody knows there are going to be disagreements on how to deal with things. It's not the disagreements or the people involved, it's how things are handled that makes the difference.

It has led to some very interesting and informative conversations.

I think Biden will do a good job of bridging the divide. That is his forte. Every time in his life he has made a mistake or butted heads with somebody he has tried to gain more understanding and sought a way to find common ground. Most people who are not extremists get that. Of course not everybody does and Trump is an example. He and his most ardent followers are extremists. Trying to reason with extremists is usually not fruitful.
    Agreed 100% with the bolded.

Problems erupt when, as you also mentioned, that more positive results are achieved with mutual respect than with mutual condemnation. Our nation is now filled with 18-20 year olds, in the tens of millions, who have only seen Democrats and Republicans bitching about who stole the last election. They've also grown up with the War on Terror like many of us Boomers grew up with Rock music.

Whatever we're doing, it ain't working. Time to try working together again. That wasn't so bad.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-19-2021)

5. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

If the Republicans want unity they should force Trump, Cruz, Scott, Rubio and others involved in the election lie out of their party, then we can talk.
    You can add Josh Hawley, Rand Paul, Jim Jordan, Max Gaetz and Lindsey Graham to that pile of festering rot. Come to think of it, they all suck!
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

6. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crowonapost View Post
    Killing cops at the Capital is not opposition to policy. It's a failed attempt at a coup and simply cracker shit stain terrorism, because they and you wanted 'political' enemies killed, just like in Roman times. Get reconnected to reality.

Everyone else is.
    Trust me, fuckstick: You do NOT want cracker shitstain terrorism, and it could rip through the country like wildfire if fucksticks like you keep running their cocksuckers.
    I suggest you STFU before you experience it. The more you run your cocksucker the less they care about leaving you and your wrong ideas alone. And then you're gonna fuck with their livliehood and freedoms? It's gonna suck to be you, skidmark.
    Who in this America kills things for fun and profit? Crackers. Remember that.
    You ever kill a snake or a gator, you skinny-jean wearing faggot? How about a shark that was trying to snap a piece of you off in 1 bite, hmm?
    Leftists are pissing off the wrong people. Furthermore, people like me will not defend you against them if it gets pushed too far.
    You're going to be on your own with no food supply, failed ideology, and people looking to lynch you.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 01-19-2021 at 08:12 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-20-2021)

8. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post

Problems erupt when, as you also mentioned, that more positive results are achieved with mutual respect than with mutual condemnation. Our nation is now filled with 18-20 year olds, in the tens of millions, who have only seen Democrats and Republicans bitching about who stole the last election. They've also grown up with the War on Terror like many of us Boomers grew up with Rock music.

Whatever we're doing, it ain't working. Time to try working together again. That wasn't so bad.
    Right on. I'm glad we see eye to eye on that.

I think it's so petty when people come in here just looking for confrontation, or thinking being combative for the sake of combativeness is somehow a source of cred in here. Well, they usually get what they are looking for. Combativeness. It's certainly here. If they really wanted respect, they would put it out there.

It's way over simplified to think of this room as a neatly divided team sport. It's instead a collection of individuals, no two alike. I find it fascinating, at least the part of it I carve out for myself. I'm sure my experience here through filtering out the nasty is quite different from most. Gives me a rather unique perspective, though. I try to weed out everything but the more thoughtful posts. There are some good thoughts here if you look for them.

I want to share respect and unity with those with whom I can, and for the rest I make no time. Hey. Ya can't change other people.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-19-2021), Guno צְבִי (01-19-2021)

10. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

You have no interest in working with anyone.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

12. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    You have no interest in working with anyone.
    Oh, be nice INT/IBDa/gfm. Just because I give you shit about your paranoid schizophrenia and your manifesto doesn't mean I'm not willing to work with sane American adults.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-19-2021)

14. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Right on. I'm glad we see eye to eye on that.

I think it's so petty when people come in here just looking for confrontation, or thinking being combative for the sake of combativeness is somehow a source of cred in here. Well, they usually get what they are looking for. Combativeness. It's certainly here. If they really wanted respect, they would put it out there.

It's way over simplified to think of this room as a neatly divided team sport. It's instead a collection of individuals, no two alike. I find it fascinating, at least the part of it I carve out for myself. I'm sure my experience here through filtering out the nasty is quite different from most. Gives me a rather unique perspective, though. I try to weed out everything but the more thoughtful posts. There are some good thoughts here if you look for them.

I want to share respect and unity with those with whom I can, and for the rest I make no time. Hey. Ya can't change other people.
    So you built a massive ignore list. Yeah. Sure. That creates real Unity.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

16. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh, be nice INT/IBDa/gfm. Just because I give you shit about your paranoid schizophrenia and your manifesto doesn't mean I'm not willing to work with sane American adults.
    Psychoquackery. I have no intention of being nice with morons like you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

18. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    There was likely considerable fraud, it just went undetected. One absolute example is that cumulative vote counts for Trump in a number of locations suddenly took a plunge into the negative and that was never explained. The cumulative vote count for any candidate should never go negative unless there is an exceptional and excellent explanation for why votes for that candidate were counted then later invalidated. None of that happened, but negative vote counts did happen.

https://votepatternanalysis.substack...anomalies-2020
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...nsylvania.html

(see starting at about 20 minutes)
    There was fraud. It was detected.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

20. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Psychoquackery. I have no intention of being nice with morons like you.
    You can always run and hide in your little kingdom while keenly writing and rewriting your manifesto. You know, the one you have linked in your signature.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-19-2021)

22. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 63 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Trust me, fuckstick: You do NOT want cracker shitstain terrorism, and it could rip through the country like wildfire if fucksticks like you keep running their cocksuckers.
    I suggest you STFU before you experience it. The more you run your cocksucker the less they care about leaving you and your wrong ideas alone. And then you're gonna fuck with their livliehood and freedoms? It's gonna suck to be you, skidmark.
    Who in this America kills things for fun and profit? Crackers. Remember that.
    You ever kill a snake or a gator, you skinny-jean wearing faggot? How about a shark that was trying to snap a piece of you off in 1 bite, hmm?
    Leftists are pissing off the wrong people. Furthermore, people like me will not defend you against them if it gets pushed too far.
    You're going to be on your own with no food supply, failed ideology, and people looking to lynch you.
    Works both ways son. Works both ways. We will see who's conviction is final, won't we... boy. You fuck with my life and my freedom, I meet you where you are.

I don't need to give threats, I am.

You have no proof I've fucked with your life and freedom, unlike you, I don't need corporate propaganda hands up my ass, moving shit stained teeth to speak.
    So you go on with your emotion, telling the world who you are wronged by without a shred of proof where it comes from. We BOTH live in this country and we BOTH see the problems. One's based in factual reality, the other... not so much.

Any time. Anywhere. son.

I am Crow. I like death.

23. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

If the Republicans want unity they should force Trump, Cruz, Scott, Rubio and others involved in the election lie out of their party, then we can talk.
    With Real Republicans I have zero problem sitting down at the table and working out our differences.
    As for the diehard trump cult members, Fuck All of You, please do something very stupid.....

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

Jarod (01-20-2021)

25. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There was fraud. It was detected.
    lol.
    It WaS a YoU TUBESes ViDEo,
    so it's unassailable fact.
    'amirite' kids?

26. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    With Real Republicans I have zero problem sitting down at the table and working out our differences.
    As for the diehard trump cult members, Fuck All of You, please do something very stupid.....
    yup.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to crowonapost For This Post:

CASPER (01-19-2021)