Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Sarah Palin Won't Go Away!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Default Why Sarah Palin Won't Go Away!

It's been more than a week since the election concluded, and the dismal results for the losing party would have been enough to relegate the VP pick to the dust heap of history, in most cases. But for some strange and bizarre reason, liberal pinheads continue to post threads directed at trying to 'destroy' Sarah Palin. Now, you have to ask yourself, why would they bother? If Palin were as benign and politically harmless as they've made her out to be, what would be the purpose of continuing to pile on, AFTER they have defeated her?

Oh the pinheads will claim, it's because so many ignorant redneck right-wing conservatives love her, and they have to try and 'educate' the masses here! I do agree, she does have a strong following and support from the conservative core. Wye, just the other day on Salon.com, this is what some right wing wacko named "Camille Paglia" had to say about her....

Conservative though she may be, I felt that Palin represented an explosion of a brand new style of muscular American feminism. At her startling debut on that day, she was combining male and female qualities in ways that I have never seen before. And she was somehow able to seem simultaneously reassuringly traditional and gung-ho futurist. In terms of redefining the persona for female authority and leadership, Palin has made the biggest step forward in feminism since Madonna channeled the dominatrix persona of high-glam Marlene Dietrich and rammed pro-sex, pro-beauty feminism down the throats of the prissy, victim-mongering, philistine feminist establishment.

In the U.S., the ultimate glass ceiling has been fiendishly complicated for women by the unique peculiarity that our president must also serve as commander in chief of the armed forces. Women have risen to the top in other countries by securing the leadership of their parties and then being routinely promoted to prime minister when that party won at the polls. But a woman candidate for president of the U.S. must show a potential capacity for military affairs and decision-making. Our president also symbolically represents the entire history of the nation -- a half-mystical role often filled elsewhere by a revered if politically powerless monarch.

As a dissident feminist, I have been arguing since my arrival on the scene nearly 20 years ago that young American women aspiring to political power should be studying military history rather than taking women's studies courses, with their rote agenda of never-ending grievances. I have repeatedly said that the politician who came closest in my view to the persona of the first woman president was Sen. Dianne Feinstein, whose steady nerves in crisis were demonstrated when she came to national attention after the mayor and a gay supervisor were murdered in their City Hall offices in San Francisco. Hillary Clinton, with her schizophrenic alteration of personae, has never seemed presidential to me -- and certainly not in her bland and overpraised farewell speech at the Democratic convention (which skittered from slow, pompous condescension to trademark stridency to unseemly haste).

Feinstein, with her deep knowledge of military matters, has true gravitas and knows how to shrewdly thrust and parry with pesky TV interviewers. But her style is reserved, discreet, mandarin. The gun-toting Sarah Palin is like Annie Oakley, a brash ambassador from America's pioneer past. She immediately reminded me of the frontier women of the Western states, which first granted women the right to vote after the Civil War -- long before the federal amendment guaranteeing universal woman suffrage was passed in 1919. Frontier women faced the same harsh challenges and had to tackle the same chores as men did -- which is why men could regard them as equals, unlike the genteel, corseted ladies of the Eastern seaboard, which fought granting women the vote right to the bitter end.

Over the Labor Day weekend, with most of the big enchiladas of the major media on vacation, the vacuum was filled with a hallucinatory hurricane in the leftist blogosphere, which unleashed a grotesquely lurid series of allegations, fantasies, half-truths and outright lies about Palin. What a tacky low in American politics -- which has already caused a backlash that could damage Obama's campaign. When liberals come off as childish, raving loonies, the right wing gains. I am still waiting for substantive evidence that Sarah Palin is a dangerous extremist. I am perfectly willing to be convinced, but right now, she seems to be merely an optimistic pragmatist like Ronald Reagan, someone who pays lip service to religious piety without being in the least wedded to it. I don't see her arrival as portending the end of civil liberties or life as we know it.

One reason I live in the leafy suburbs of Philadelphia and have never moved to New York or Washington is that, as a cultural analyst, I want to remain in touch with the mainstream of American life. I frequent fast-food restaurants, shop at the mall, and periodically visit Wal-Mart (its bird-seed section is nonpareil). Like Los Angeles and San Francisco, Manhattan and Washington occupy their own mental zones -- nice to visit but not a place to stay if you value independent thought these days. Ambitious professionals in those cities, if they want to preserve their social networks, are very vulnerable to received opinion. At receptions and parties (which I hate), they're sitting ducks. They have to go along to get along -- poor dears!

It is certainly premature to predict how the Palin saga will go. I may not agree a jot with her about basic principles, but I have immensely enjoyed Palin's boffo performances at her debut and at the Republican convention, where she astonishingly dealt with multiple technical malfunctions without missing a beat. A feminism that cannot admire the bravura under high pressure of the first woman governor of a frontier state isn't worth a warm bucket of spit.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/...in/index1.html

So Liberal Pinheads... KEEP HARPING ABOUT PALIN! It's working wonders for her reputation and public relations! It's very comforting for me to know you don't fear her running in 2012, and are so welcome to that idea! Perhaps when she kicks your asses, it won't be so hard for you to take?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL, Keep up the Palintology.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    LOL, Keep up the Palintology.

Gee... I wonder who this Camille Paglia broad is? Some Bible-thumping gun-toter for sure, I bet! She's probably about like Ann Coulter or Laura Ingram, huh?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have no idea who she is and do not care.

I happened to watch a bit of Billo last night thought and this seems to be his topic as well.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

"liberal pinheads continue to post threads directed at trying to 'destroy' Sarah Palin. "

I only see 2 threads on Palin on the 2 main political pages of this site - one from Beefy, and 1 from "liberal pinhead" Damo.

Not sure if you've noticed, Dix, but Palin is doing every interview that she can right now, and is very much in the news. She's clearly positioning herself for a 2012 run (please, God...please). I've also read that the more she appears in public, the more her popularity seems to be going down.

6. #6 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

Yep, every time she opens her mouth! Reminds me of Bush!

7. #7 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

We talk about her because she is ENTERTAINING!

She makes Dan Quayle look like Jack Kennedy.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

I must admit, her interviews are like the political equivalent of Spinal Tap.
    Last edited by charver; 11-13-2008 at 02:53 PM.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    I must admit watching her interviews are like the political equivalent of Spinal Tap.
    Ono! She's not nearly so entertaining! I just wish she'd wise up and go away. Of course she won't. She's had a taste fo the limelight and has decided that she wants more. A lot more.

Her pathological liar tactics have worked for her in a small forum, but exposed to a larger audience her frequent contradictions of her own statements, sometimes made just moments earlier, are showing her for what she is and hopefully are sealing her fate.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Ono! She's not nearly so entertaining! I just wish she'd wise up and go away. Of course she won't. She's had a taste fo the limelight and has decided that she wants more. A lot more.

Her pathological liar tactics have worked for her in a small forum, but exposed to a larger audience her frequent contradictions of her own statements, sometimes made just moments earlier, are showing her for what she is and hopefully are sealing her fate.
    I think her ultimate fate will be similar to that of a Spinal Tap drummer, but while she's determined to show America how electable she is in the least competent way possible, i think we should enjoy the spectacle.

I know i shouldn't be surprised but i'm still amazed that this 'Emperors New Clothes' script is still being followed, word for word, by some in the media. How many excuses for sheer idiocy are there?

They've blamed the biased mainstream media, feminists, jealous women, bitter rivals, political enemies, political friends, disgruntled staffers, giraffes, midgets and gazpacho soup already. Can't we all just admit there's nothing there?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    I think her ultimate fate will be similar to that of a Spinal Tap drummer, but while she's determined to show America how electable she is in the least competent way possible, i think we should enjoy the spectacle.

I know i shouldn't be surprised but i'm still amazed that this 'Emperors New Clothes' script is still being followed, word for word, by some in the media. How many excuses for sheer idiocy are there?

They've blamed the biased mainstream media, feminists, jealous women, bitter rivals, political enemies, political friends, disgruntled staffers, giraffes, midgets and gazpacho soup already. Can't we all just admit there's nothing there?
    I'll admit that gaspacho soup is teh EEEEEeeevillll!

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

pro-sex, pro-beauty feminism down the throats of the prissy, victim-mongering, philistine feminist establishment.
    Yes, treating women as objects rather than as separate human beings is truly a way of sticking a finger to the prissy feminist establishment that want pussy things like "equality" and somesuch.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

As a dissident feminist, I have been arguing since my arrival on the scene nearly 20 years ago that young American women aspiring to political power should be studying military history rather than taking women's studies courses, with their rote agenda of never-ending grievances.
    DIxie, besides it being bullshit that anyone should care about women's sutdies or military history, it's old, and from during the campaign. Palin is done now, especially since that senate seat she was hoping to capture is going to a Democrat. Her only way into Washington and back into the spotlight now would be to challenge Lisa Murkowski - which is going to be a tough fucking fight, and it's also a fight with her own party. She could challenge Don Young, which would be much more justifiable b/c he's unethical as hell, but then she'd be stuck in the house of representatives and wouldn't have much opportunity to capture the limelight unless the appointed her minority leader or something.

If she stays in her igloo palace she'll never be a passing afterthought by the next election.
    Last edited by FUCK THE POLICE; 11-13-2008 at 06:24 PM.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Gee... I wonder who this Camille Paglia broad is? Some Bible-thumping gun-toter for sure, I bet! She's probably about like Ann Coulter or Laura Ingram, huh?
    Camille Paglia is the same woman who stated that "if a woman is raped, she bears some responsibility for the crime."

So it's funny that the right would try and use this Paglia cunt to further this absurd notion that Palin will be anything more than a "hockey mom" or "soccer mom" or whatever she's calling herself these days.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fear&Loathing View Post
    Camille Paglia is the same woman who stated that "if a woman is raped, she bears some responsibility for the crime."

So it's funny that the right would try and use this Paglia cunt to further this absurd notion that Palin will be anything more than a "hockey mom" or "soccer mom" or whatever she's calling herself these days.
    I'm not "using" anyone to do anything. I have no idea about Paglia's views... I merely posted what she had to say about Palin. I figured she was some right wing loony tune, since she had so many good things to say about her, and according to you guys, that's the only kind of people drawn to Palin....

"...an explosion of a brand new style of muscular American feminism."
    "...combining male and female qualities in ways that I have never seen before."
    "...an optimistic pragmatist like Ronald Reagan."

And my personal favorite...

"A feminism that cannot admire the bravura under high pressure of the first woman governor of a frontier state isn't worth a warm bucket of spit."

You are somewhat correct though, the fact that Paglia rates Palin higher than her previous female presidential icon, Dianne Feinstein, completely brings her judgment into question.... but still... I get the distinct feeling Ms. Paglia isn't your typical ignorant Bible-thumping redneck.