Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: OK, I Was Wrong

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Not lame at all, INT/IBDa/gfm. The evidence is your views, links and demeanor.
    Lame.

Bullshit. The coup wasn't a success. Herr Trump failed.
    The coup was a Demonkkkrat coup, and it was successful. On January 20th, Joe Biden will be installed as Prime Minister of the SOA...

You've contradicted yourself several times with the false SOA accusation.
    How so?

You are claiming the US is a shithole country.
    Not at all. The USA was the greatest country on Earth for over a couple hundred years. I am claiming that the SOA will be a shithole country...

My phrasing was poor.
    It typically is...

The US is not a shithole country.
    What USA? It no longer exists...

Any dumbasses who claim it is such as claiming it's become the "SOA" are the ones claiming it is.
    The USA is now the SOA.

The fact you don't understand the differences between a nation of 328M versus a nation like Canada or Australia with populations closer to Texas or California is one reason why I think you have mental issues.
    Again, what does population have to do with anything? What point are you even making? Yes, the SOA has a population of roughly 330M (I suspect that this population will be significantly decreasing in the near future as secession and/or civil war will be taking place). Your point??

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Only if you believe all those election fraud stories which have no evidence to support them.
    Denying the existence of evidence does not make videos, statistic improbabilities/impossibilities, nor thousands of sworn affidavits from direct witnesses suddenly go away...

Even President Trump in his call to the Georgia secretary of state called some of those claims "rumors." They have all been disproven or explained including those in Trump's 45-minute speech about the election.
    No, they haven't.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Good, Matt. You save that, sir.
    I will concart!

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,450 Times in 52,465 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    ....Again, what does population have to do with anything? What point are you even making? Yes, the SOA has a population of roughly 330M (I suspect that this population will be significantly decreasing in the near future as secession and/or civil war will be taking place). Your point??
    How long did it take you to type that bullshit, INT/IBDa/gfm?

Larger populations are more difficult to please. Ask anyone who ever belonged to a club or HOA; more people = more points of view.

You can also consider the comment by 15th century monk John Lydgate and allegedly repeated by Abe Lincoln: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.”

Smaller groups are easier to please because there is less people to disagree.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Denying the existence of evidence does not make videos, statistic improbabilities/impossibilities, nor thousands of sworn affidavits from direct witnesses suddenly go away...
    You are making the unfounded assumption that things going on in those videos were improper because the video said it was. Georgia has already shown those "suitcases" under the table were ballot boxes they use for all ballots.

There would be as many statistical anomalies if they claimed Trump won: Democrats have won the popular vote in 7 of the last eight presidential elections. Biden outperformed Hillary Clinton in 44 states (about 2% per state).

Trump's claim that nobody has ever won FL and OH and lost the presidential election is easily proven wrong. Biden actually underperformed Hillary in the large urban areas where most of the fraud allegedly occurred. Republican members of Congress outperformed the president which would not have happened if there was fraud.

You can check the official state stats to see that no areas had more votes than registered voters as Trump claimed. One of those statistical improbabilities that occurred in MI actually used data from MN.

Read some of those "sworn" affidavits. A lot of the claims are not anything illegal. Talking mean about Republicans is not voter fraud.

And, apparently fraud only occurred in areas where Trump lost.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-11-2021), ThatOwlWoman (01-11-2021)

7. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,406 Times in 53,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

No. I think it will be much smaller and much bloodier.

Think of a BLM protest which is largely peaceful but turns into a riot with multiple arrests and a nationwide manhunt. Another one is scheduled two weeks later. How many will show? My guess is that it would be far, far smaller. The thousands attending Trump's riot rally mainly came there to peacefully protest. Only a few came to kill Americans and attempt to overthrow the United States of America. Most Trump supporters/RWers will stay away from such stupidity.

I expect we'll see a handful of nutjobs do as SYT suggested; attempt to drive a truck bomb to murder Americas, attack a police station or commit mass murder such as a Congressman and his family. The nutjobs will be shot down where they stand or arrested for terrorism. The terrorist dead will be despised and the innocent Americans murdered by them will be mourned. The nation will move forward and, hopefully, learn from this excess of extremism.
    I hope you are right about the numbers, but I fear that you could be wrong. Just looked up #TRE45ON's approval rating -- it is *still* at 33% even after all of this. (Per https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...w-poll-1560597)
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-11-2021)

9. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I hope you are right about the numbers, but I fear that you could be wrong. Just looked up #TRE45ON's approval rating -- it is *still* at 33% even after all of this. (Per https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...w-poll-1560597)
    I am. Look around your neighborhood. The people in the stores, everyone with a business that would suffer from this type of bullshit.

Here's the key to any insurrection and overthrow of a government: You need the majority support of both the citizenry and the military. These assholes have neither. In a week they'll either be dead or arrested. Their own families will turn them in. No one wants this country to collapse into anarchy or Trumpian tyranny....well, except for a few nutjobs.

Wow, Trump dropped 15 points in less than a week? Think what it will be when RW nutjobs start murdering Americans as "collateral damage".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-11-2021)

11. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am. Look around your neighborhood. The people in the stores, everyone with a business that would suffer from this type of bullshit.

Here's the key to any insurrection and overthrow of a government: You need the majority support of both the citizenry and the military. These assholes have neither. In a week they'll either be dead or arrested. Their own families will turn them in. No one wants this country to collapse into anarchy or Trumpian tyranny....well, except for a few nutjobs.

Wow, Trump dropped 15 points in less than a week? Think what it will be when RW nutjobs start murdering Americans as "collateral damage".
    Probably more like 10 -- but damn!

Thanks. You sound very much like Mr. Owl, who tends to be far less reactionary than I do.

I do recall, speaking of predictions, in the first week of this new year, challenging Sister Stench and her sibs to meet back here on Jan. 7th and see if Biden was confirmed. Have you see any of those prophets since?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-11-2021)

13. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Probably more like 10 -- but damn!

Thanks. You sound very much like Mr. Owl, who tends to be far less reactionary than I do.

I do recall, speaking of predictions, in the first week of this new year, challenging Sister Stench and her sibs to meet back here on Jan. 7th and see if Biden was confirmed. Have you see any of those prophets since?
    I've noticed a very loud silence from that part of the room. Stretch will probably return, but I wonder if, like Mr. Owl, if they have a Mr. Stretch or a Mr. Life is Golden who are much further over the line than they are. It would explain the silence.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-11-2021)

15. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are making the unfounded assumption that things going on in those videos were improper because the video said it was. Georgia has already shown those "suitcases" under the table were ballot boxes they use for all ballots.

There would be as many statistical anomalies if they claimed Trump won: Democrats have won the popular vote in 7 of the last eight presidential elections. Biden outperformed Hillary Clinton in 44 states (about 2% per state).

Trump's claim that nobody has ever won FL and OH and lost the presidential election is easily proven wrong. Biden actually underperformed Hillary in the large urban areas where most of the fraud allegedly occurred. Republican members of Congress outperformed the president which would not have happened if there was fraud.

You can check the official state stats to see that no areas had more votes than registered voters as Trump claimed. One of those statistical improbabilities that occurred in MI actually used data from MN.

Read some of those "sworn" affidavits. A lot of the claims are not anything illegal. Talking mean about Republicans is not voter fraud.

And, apparently fraud only occurred in areas where Trump lost.
    I hope some people listen to you, but I know that they won't. Nevertheless, you tried, and I thank you for that.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (01-11-2021), Flash (01-11-2021)

17. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I hope some people listen to you, but I know that they won't. Nevertheless, you tried, and I thank you for that.
    Can't rationalize with irrational people.

Agreed it's good to make a stand for the truth, but that's for the sane people who are questioning what they are being told. The nut jobs will never be dissuaded from their delusions.

18. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    So now we know that some idiot antifa dressed as Trump supporters are going to perpetrate such crimes, and have it blamed on Trump thanks I have this saved so they can look you up
    Yea, I saw george soros dressed as a trumper & al alinsky climbing up that wall like spiderman....... Nothing gets past a wolverine........

I hear that Hillary's pizza parlor guy was dropping bundles of ties around so innocent trump supporters that were in the building, by accident, looking for their lost cat, mistakenly picked them up.. Just being a good Samaritan looking around for the one that lost them so he could return them.....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

19. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I fear the society of actuaries. The briefcases and wingtips. Terrifying.

20. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Can't rationalize with irrational people.

Agreed it's good to make a stand for the truth, but that's for the sane people who are questioning what they are being told. The nut jobs will never be dissuaded from their delusions.
    Why, they have the same inputs we do. Mental illness can be corrected or ameliorated. Is there a pill? If they were persuaded in they can be persuaded out of contrary to reality beliefs.
    I find your thought not necessarily untrue, mostly depressing.

21. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Why, they have the same inputs we do. Mental illness can be corrected or ameliorated. Is there a pill? If they were persuaded in they can be persuaded out of contrary to reality beliefs.
    I find your thought not necessarily untrue, mostly depressing.
    Thanks Al Gore! You made the nutjobs equal to sane people!

Mental illness is as varied viruses. Some can be cured, some ameliorated, some will just kill you.

Was depressing a joke? Because it was funny. The world is getting better and will continue to do so...unless the planet gets hit by a big rock, then we're all fucked.