Thread: Sarah Palin, On The Record

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Sarah Palin, On The Record

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

QUESTION: Damo, do you really want your party to become the party of stupid people? That's what it's look out to be, with the dual idiot fascist ticket of Palin/Jindal that is going to be smashed to bits and pieces by Obama.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 43 Posts

I saw the interview, I thought "finally someone willing to provide an honest perspective of this woman". That said, I hope she chooses not to run, I like her too much!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I couldn't be bothered to watch this interview, I am so tired of the Sarah Chronicles. But yesterday on pretty much all of the news shows I watched, they played the interview of Sarah! talking to the Alaskan press.

"I know that I know that I know (ummm, lol) these are Sarah Palin's clothes. Those other ones are the RNC's. They're not mine! There's no audit. There is an audit becuase the RNC has to be held accountable. (ummmm, lol) But they're not coming here. I don't have them. They were in the belly of the plane".

Followed by:

Sarah Palin's father tells reporters she is busy furiously going through her wardrobe trying to figure out which clothes are hers, and which she has to give back to the RNC when they come to get them. And it's hard because, you know, the kids lost underwear."

Yeah, you guys are going with her for 2012, right? I just want to be the first to say "Gosh, Thanks! You betcha!"

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Right now the Republicans are wandering the desert lost. This will pass. But at the moment they are looking for someone to gather everybody up and point the way to the promised land. Some think that Sarahcuda is the future, over the weekend there was an article on Yahoo or CNN which talked about Bobby Jindal. Right now those are the two that look most like Moses. A few others will pop up in time. But for now, enjoy the view of the Republicans as they eat their young and wander aimlessly. We haven't seen this in a long time from them.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    Right now the Republicans are wandering the desert lost. This will pass. But at the moment they are looking for someone to gather everybody up and point the way to the promised land. Some think that Sarahcuda is the future, over the weekend there was an article on Yahoo or CNN which talked about Bobby Jindal. Right now those are the two that look most like Moses. A few others will pop up in time. But for now, enjoy the view of the Republicans as they eat their young and wander aimlessly. We haven't seen this in a long time from them.
    Jindal is someone I think many people in the party are high on. This guy Paul Ryan from Wisconsin has been getting some recent air play. He wrote a piece in the Journal today that has gotten some positive feedback from a few blogs.

Here's a couple of paragraphs where I think he is spot on.

We cannot simply put up roadblocks to the emboldened Democratic majority. We need to offer an alternative future. Absent reform, our federal government will double in size within a generation. We must change course from this path of stagnation, and we must have leaders willing to provide a path that keeps alive the American ideal and keeps our government limited.

Our party has become too fearful of our own ideas. Since 1997, congressional Republicans began a steady retreat from principled leadership to political expediency. A party built on spending discipline and government reform succumbed to the siren songs of government expansion and earmarked giveaways. Republicans squandered the opportunity to limit and reshape the relationship between the federal government and the individual.

I ran on these bold ideas and innovative solutions in a congressional district carried by Barack Obama -- yet I received 64% of the vote. I challenge my colleagues to rethink political risk taking.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Jindal is someone I think many people in the party are high on. This guy Paul Ryan from Wisconsin has been getting some recent air play. He wrote a piece in the Journal today that has gotten some positive feedback from a few blogs.

Here's a couple of paragraphs where I think he is spot on.

We cannot simply put up roadblocks to the emboldened Democratic majority. We need to offer an alternative future. Absent reform, our federal government will double in size within a generation. We must change course from this path of stagnation, and we must have leaders willing to provide a path that keeps alive the American ideal and keeps our government limited.

Our party has become too fearful of our own ideas. Since 1997, congressional Republicans began a steady retreat from principled leadership to political expediency. A party built on spending discipline and government reform succumbed to the siren songs of government expansion and earmarked giveaways. Republicans squandered the opportunity to limit and reshape the relationship between the federal government and the individual.

I ran on these bold ideas and innovative solutions in a congressional district carried by Barack Obama -- yet I received 64% of the vote. I challenge my colleagues to rethink political risk taking.

I read that piece by Ryan and my thought was, "well, do it." There's nothing I hate more than politicians talking about what they should do rather than just doing what they're talking about.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dungheap View Post
    I read that piece by Ryan and my thought was, "well, do it." There's nothing I hate more than politicians talking about what they should do rather than just doing what they're talking about.
    All politicians talk way more about what they want to do than anything they actually do. They wouldn't be politicians otherwise.

The point of his piece is sending the message to other Republicans who have obviously lost their way. The Republican Party is leaderless right now. It's just floundering. Someone needs to step up. I don't know if it is going to be this Ryan guy or not but I like that he's attempting to lead.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    QUESTION: Damo, do you really want your party to become the party of stupid people? That's what it's look out to be, with the dual idiot fascist ticket of Palin/Jindal that is going to be smashed to bits and pieces by Obama.
    You know what a fascist is? It is someone who would support legislation that would regulate speech... (fairness doctrine)

Jindal is a rising star, a true Conservative cut from the old Reagan Conservative cloth.
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A fascist is somebody who supports the corporate takeover of government.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Cancel4 Guest

Speaking of audits, under President Obama the IRS will look into the money owed by lots of RePugs....LMAO

12. #12 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

Too long, if it had been 30 seconds, I would love to watch or hidden camera, that would be a scream!

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post
    Too long, if it had been 30 seconds, I would love to watch or hidden camera, that would be a scream!
    Well, it was clear that there is more to her than the bumbling picture we were led to believe. She seems more comfortable in her own home than in the studio, but either way, the whole "Africa is a country" thing was total crap, I still don't believe that anybody really believed it. They just wanted it to be true so badly that they pretended to believe it.

It will be interesting to see if she'll ever be able to get past what the RNC did "for" her during the campaign. She may still be answering questions on whose clothes are whose four years from now. If she is, even the Rs won't be suggesting her as a candidate.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Well, it was clear that there is more to her than the bumbling picture we were led to believe. She seems more comfortable in her own home than in the studio, but either way, the whole "Africa is a country" thing was total crap, I still don't believe that anybody really believed it. They just wanted it to be true so badly that they pretended to believe it.

It will be interesting to see if she'll ever be able to get past what the RNC did "for" her during the campaign. She may still be answering questions on whose clothes are whose four years from now. If she is, even the Rs won't be suggesting her as a candidate.
    Damo, would you vote for her?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    Damo, would you vote for her?
    I don't think so. I will never vote for somebody who is solely a social "conservative" again. Religious reactionaries do not appeal to me.

However the interview does show me that if she can get past the rumors and innuendo currently hounding her, she will be far more formidable than the people currently "rejoicing" that she might run later think.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle