Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, canceled.2021.2, CFM, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Lord Yurt, OG Yurt, Yakuda and Peace n Safety

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I am sending this to the Creation Science Museum

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Science is not a method or a procedure. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. No theory is ever proven True.
    Science has no theory about a past unobserved event. It is not falsifiable. You are describing a religion known as the Church of Evolution, not science.
    Even Karl Popper, the originator of the demarcation problem, ultimately came to believe that Darwinian evolution is falsifiable.

The minute we find chimpanzee fossils in Cambrian rock strata, Darwin's theory would be blown out of the water. Modern genetic techniques could easily demonstrate the null hypothesis if Darwinian evolution was incorrect.

We would immediately have to accept the null hypothesis concerning the big bang theory if we did not observe phenomena predicted by this theory, aka the cosmic background radiation, cosmic red shift of electromagnetic energy, nucleosynthesis and obseved cosmic proportions of hydrogen, helium, lithium.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-04-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Rightwing Christian grifters have no remorse profiteering off their scriptures and prophets.

Whatever I think of Islam, I will say they at least treat their prophets and sacred texts with reverence and dignity. I seriously doubt there are any Muhammad-land Theme Parks.

Jesus Land Theme Park, Orlando Florida
    They got one detail wrong. The Romans didn't drive nails through the victim's hand; they drove them through his wrists.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubba For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-03-2021)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    They got one detail wrong. The Romans didn't drive nails through the victim's hand; they drove them through his wrists.
    Yeah it makes no sense to drive nails through his hands because the nails would cut through and he falls off the cross.

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Even Karl Popper, the originator of the demarcation problem, ultimately came to believe that Darwinian evolution is falsifiable.
    Darwin didn't create the Theory of Evolution. The ancient Greeks did. Darwin created the Theory of Natural Selection. Neither is a theory of science. The Theory of Evolution is not falsifiable. We can't go back in time to see what actually happened. Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection fails the internal consistency check. It is not a valid theory of any kind, scientific or otherwise. It creates a paradox.
    The minute we find chimpanzee fossils in Cambrian rock strata, Darwin's theory would be blown out of the water.
    Not Darwin's theory. Finding chimpanzee fossils in Cambrian rock strata proves nothing. It does not falsify or prove the Theory of Evolution. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism). Remember, it is YOU that is making these arbitrary assignments.
    Modern genetic techniques could easily demonstrate the null hypothesis if Darwinian evolution was incorrect.
    Nope. Again, arbitrary assignments. Not a proof either way.
    We would immediately have to accept the null hypothesis concerning the big bang theory if we did not observe phenomena predicted by this theory,
    Nope. It is not possible to prove any theory True. Attempted force of negative proof fallacy.
    aka the cosmic background radiation,
    Proves nothing either way.
    cosmic red shift of electromagnetic energy,
    nucleosynthesis
    and obseved cosmic proportions of hydrogen, helium, lithium.

Remember, all we can observe is our little corner of the Universe. What is going on elsewhere is completely unknown. All we know, for example, is that for the cosmic bodies we can observe, they do appear to moving away from us. Elsewhere in the Universe they could be very well moving closer. It is YOU that is assuming that what we observe is consistent across the entire Universe, and even assumes that the Universe has a boundary.

It is not possible to measure the total hydrogen, helium, or lithium in the Universe.

Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism). The Church of the Big Bang is a religion. The Church of Evolution is a religion. The Church of Creation is a religion. The Church of the Continuum is a religion. The Church of Abiogenesis is a religion.

Science is not a religion. All religions are based on some initial circular argument with arguments extending from that. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. Nothing more. Nothing less. Science has NO theories about past unobserved events. There is no way to test the null hypothesis of such a theory.

Testing never proves a theory True. Theories of science will remain a theory until it is falsified. Nonscientific theories will remain theories forever.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Parrot Boy would say that a broken window with a baseball ball in the room doesn't prove anything.

For all we know, a goblin planted the ball there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Cypress (01-04-2021)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Darwin didn't create the Theory of Evolution. The ancient Greeks did. Darwin created the Theory of Natural Selection. Neither is a theory of science. The Theory of Evolution is not falsifiable. We can't go back in time to see what actually happened. Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection fails the internal consistency check. It is not a valid theory of any kind, scientific or otherwise. It creates a paradox.

Not Darwin's theory. Finding chimpanzee fossils in Cambrian rock strata proves nothing. It does not falsify or prove the Theory of Evolution. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism). Remember, it is YOU that is making these arbitrary assignments.

Nope. Again, arbitrary assignments. Not a proof either way.

Nope. It is not possible to prove any theory True. Attempted force of negative proof fallacy.

Remember, all we can observe is our little corner of the Universe. What is going on elsewhere is completely unknown. All we know, for example, is that for the cosmic bodies we can observe, they do appear to moving away from us. Elsewhere in the Universe they could be very well moving closer. It is YOU that is assuming that what we observe is consistent across the entire Universe, and even assumes that the Universe has a boundary.

It is not possible to measure the total hydrogen, helium, or lithium in the Universe.

Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism). The Church of the Big Bang is a religion. The Church of Evolution is a religion. The Church of Creation is a religion. The Church of the Continuum is a religion. The Church of Abiogenesis is a religion.

Science is not a religion. All religions are based on some initial circular argument with arguments extending from that. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. Nothing more. Nothing less. Science has NO theories about past unobserved events. There is no way to test the null hypothesis of such a theory.

Testing never proves a theory True. Theories of science will remain a theory until it is falsified. Nonscientific theories will remain theories forever.
    You make it a habit of responding to what to what you wish I wrote, rather than what I actually wrote.

No where did I say Darwin invented the concept of evolution.

I explicitly referenced "Darwinian evolution" to discriminate his theory of natural selection from earlier Lamarkian and Greek thinking on evolution.

As to the rest of your blather, I will just leave this demonstration below that when it comes to science and math, you are wrong literally all the time:

"Into the Night": Wrong literally all the bloody time>>

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...87#post3901887

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-04-2021), Taichiliberal (01-04-2021)

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

You make it a habit of responding to what to what you wish I wrote, rather than what I actually wrote.
    No, I am responding to what you wrote.
    No where did I say Darwin invented the concept of evolution.
    So you want to deny what you said again?
    I explicitly referenced "Darwinian evolution" to discriminate his theory of natural selection from earlier Lamarkian and Greek thinking on evolution.
    No. You explicitly referenced Darwin as the Theory of Evolution, liar.
    As to the rest of your blather, I will just leave this demonstration below that when it comes to science and math, you are wrong literally all the time:
    ...deleted spam...
    Bulverism fallacy.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Darwinism" is a Fundamentalist Christian invention, I believe

The evolutionary theory isn't original.

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Darwinism" is nature selecting.
    "Lamarckism" is life selecting natural environments.

Example: Giraffes grow their necks so they can feed off trees.

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,570 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

The trip from amino acids to self-replicating cells is a long and mysterious one, but evidently progress is being made.

I am not sure how this new scientific knowlege will supplement the excellent work being done at the prestigious Creation Science Museum.

Take-away for me: cellular genetics is about as mind blowing as quantum physics, to me anyway.
    They can put it next to the Fermi Paradox.

https://www.space.com/25325-fermi-paradox.html
    The Fermi Paradox seeks to answer the question of where the aliens are. Given that our star and Earth are part of a young planetary system compared to the rest of the universe — and that interstellar travel might be fairly easy to achieve — the theory says that Earth should have been visited by aliens already.

As the story goes, Italian physicist Enrico Fermi, most famous for creating the first nuclear reactor, came up with the theory with a casual lunchtime remark in 1950. The implications, however, have had extraterrestrial researchers scratching their heads in the decades since.

"Fermi realized that any civilization with a modest amount of rocket technology and an immodest amount of imperial incentive could rapidly colonize the entire galaxy," the Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) Institute in Mountain View, California, said on its website. "Within ten million years, every star system could be brought under the wing of empire. Ten million years may sound long, but in fact it's quite short compared with the age of the galaxy, which is roughly ten thousand million years. Colonization of the Milky Way should be a quick exercise."

Fermi reportedly made the initial remark, but he died in 1954. Publication fell to other people, such as Michael Hart, who wrote an article titled "An Explanation for the Absence of Extraterrestrials on Earth" in the Royal Astronomical Society (RAS) Quarterly Journal in 1975. (Some say this is the first such paper to explore the Fermi paradox, although this claim is a bit hard to prove.)
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (01-04-2021)

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rightwing Christian grifters have no remorse profiteering off their scriptures and prophets.

Whatever I think of Islam, I will say they at least treat their prophets and sacred texts with reverence and dignity. I seriously doubt there are any Muhammad-land Theme Parks.

Jesus Land Theme Park, Orlando Florida
    It's interesting that a good lot of non-Catholic Christians, esp. among the evangelicals and/or fundies, believe that Catholics practice idolatry due to the Stations of the Cross, depictions of Mary Mother of Jesus, and various saints in their churches. Yet there's nothing wrong with that. ^ ^
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Actually they usually tied the crucified to the cross, to prolong death. It generally took them days to die that way.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's interesting that a good lot of non-Catholic Christians, esp. among the evangelicals and/or fundies, believe that Catholics practice idolatry due to the Stations of the Cross, depictions of Mary Mother of Jesus, and various saints in their churches. Yet there's nothing wrong with that. ^ ^
    It's a play. No one is worshipping the actor.

There's a Passion play spot near Branson, MO my wife wants to see.

https://www.tripster.com/detail/grea...lay-branson-mo
    Just 48 miles South of Branson, The Great Passion Play in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, is an inspirational performance for the whole family. Guests of the reenactment can see what the last week of Jesus Christ’s life was like almost 2,000 years ago. The show is featured in a 4,000-seat outdoor amphitheater, with extravagant lighting and sound effects, live animals, 170 costumed actors and more.

I might wear my Roman t-shirt as part of the festivities.

Last edited by Doc Dutch; 01-04-2021 at 07:47 AM.

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    It's a play. No one is worshipping the actor.
    No one is worshiping the saints or Mary in a Catholic church, either.

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    No one is worshiping the saints or Mary in a Catholic church, either.
    They're praying to an idol of mary or a saint. At least that's my understanding of the "logic".

I DGAS either way. How people find peace is up to them. It's when they start dictating how others will do it that bothers me.