Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where are you in line for the COVID vaccine?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

My wife and I got the shot Wed. There were hundreds of people in our hospital location. All wearing masks, even the ones with Maggot hats. I got the Moderna. The thing hurt. I still feel an ache in the arm. I have had lots of shots before and I never felt one the next day, let alone almost 3. The second shot is 3/31.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money Dolla View Post
    Seems I am behind 287.5 million people.

where are you?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-timeline.html
    I'm not in line. Oh well, I guess I miss out.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

My wife just got hers today, and apparently not because of her VA health issues. DOD is rolling right along, has already done everyone higher up the need list, is now doing 50 year old retired. Dependents of retired (Ya I know we are not supposed to use that word anymore) I hear the cut off is 80 currently at this location at least.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money Dolla View Post
    Seems I am behind 287.5 million people.
    That is about the number of adults in America, so you are saying you are at the end of the line. I assume many will reject shots, so you probably are really closer to behind 150 million or so people. Still not good.

I was on the Department of Treasury waiting list, so was behind a few hundred people. I am 50 years old, everyone over 55 got the shot, and then Mnuchin cancelled the program. I work in New Jersey, but live in Pennsylvania, so I cannot get the shot through work now that the Department of Treasury program is cancelled. That means I am on the local Pennsylvania waiting list.

The freaky part about it all is Mnunchin's last two acts as Secretary of Treasury was to kill the vaccination program, and then complain essential workers to the economy had not gotten vaccinated. I literally got an email saying the program no longer existed, and then my supervisor's supervisor got an email complaining I had not gotten vaccinated yet. My supervisor probably also got the same email, but he is dead from Covid-19, so we do not know yet. This whole thing is a mess.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by canceled.2021.3 View Post
    I am not in line because I am not getting it
    I disagree with you, and think it is safe. More importantly, I think I would get fired if I refused. Covid-19 is a bad disease, we need to fight it, so I am getting the shot.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I disagree with you, and think it is safe. More importantly, I think I would get fired if I refused. Covid-19 is a bad disease, we need to fight it, so I am getting the shot.
    This says it all.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    This says it all.
    America is on the edge, so there is not much room for goofing off. Mnunchin was looking to get people fired for not getting the vaccine immediately, so I guess I should count myself lucky that trump lost, and I at least have time to find a legitimate way to get the vaccine. I would have hated to have to cheat to get the vaccine.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

America is on the edge, so there is not much room for goofing off. Mnunchin was looking to get people fired for not getting the vaccine immediately, so I guess I should count myself lucky that trump lost, and I at least have time to find a legitimate way to get the vaccine. I would have hated to have to cheat to get the vaccine.
    Dude, we are talking about something that 99% survive and that's just with the cases we know of. It ain't the Black Plague, nut up and go live your life.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dude, we are talking about something that 99% survive and that's just with the cases we know of. It ain't the Black Plague, nut up and go live your life.
    There is a gradual economic slip, much like the one at the end of Roman Empire. We forget that Roman did not suddenly collapse, they just slowly faded away... We are fading now.

Take a look at any webcam of the financial capital of the modern world, and see empty streets. If the Roman's had webcams, you would see the same thing in 476.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is a gradual economic slip, much like the one at the end of Roman Empire. We forget that Roman did not suddenly collapse, they just slowly faded away... We are fading now.

Take a look at any webcam of the financial capital of the modern world, and see empty streets. If the Roman's had webcams, you would see the same thing in 476.
    Over hundreds of years, not 30.

So...you're afraid of your boss and you're a nihilist?

OK.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Over hundreds of years, not 30.

So...you're afraid of your boss and you're a nihilist?

OK.
    We used to put people on the moon, 50 years ago. 20 years ago, we could buy a ticket on a supersonic plane. Today, we cannot send people to the moon, and cannot fly on commercial supersonic planes. That sounds like a society losing progress. With our cities shutting down, we can keep going for a decade, maybe two. People will keep their contacts, but there are not new contacts being made.

As for my boss, my boss is dead. He fled to Florida, which turned out to be a huge mistake. Personally, I would like to quit this job, so I have no personal fear.

But it all comes back to Max Weber's ethic of responsibility. I must fight the collapse of America with all my might, which means I must keep my job, until a suitable replacement can be found. Getting a vaccine I would have gotten anyway seems like a small price to pay.

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This says it all.
    You are missing a step. Those who do not get the shot could be spreaders and pass along the Trump virus. Companies really do not want company pandemics. It is hard to run a company with your workers sick. The company is not interested in politics. They are doing what profits them. Making employees get the shot is smart business.

13. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-08-2021)

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

550,000 dead. That should even move the earth in your bunker. You should also worry about long-term health effects. Some people experience mental degradation for months that are continuing. Are you sure you did not have it? The Trump virus has lots of long-term effects for these "survivors".

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

That is about the number of adults in America, so you are saying you are at the end of the line. I assume many will reject shots, so you probably are really closer to behind 150 million or so people. Still not good.

I was on the Department of Treasury waiting list, so was behind a few hundred people. I am 50 years old, everyone over 55 got the shot, and then Mnuchin cancelled the program. I work in New Jersey, but live in Pennsylvania, so I cannot get the shot through work now that the Department of Treasury program is cancelled. That means I am on the local Pennsylvania waiting list.

The freaky part about it all is Mnunchin's last two acts as Secretary of Treasury was to kill the vaccination program, and then complain essential workers to the economy had not gotten vaccinated. I literally got an email saying the program no longer existed, and then my supervisor's supervisor got an email complaining I had not gotten vaccinated yet. My supervisor probably also got the same email, but he is dead from Covid-19, so we do not know yet. This whole thing is a mess.

To be fair and they didn't ask, I don't need it until I test negative for antibodies. I get tested once a month, and even this little calculator is very off. I've been offered the vaccine twice now by two different sources, unsolicited.

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    You are missing a step. Those who do not get the shot could be spreaders and pass along the Trump virus. Companies really do not want company pandemics. It is hard to run a company with your workers sick. The company is not interested in politics. They are doing what profits them. Making employees get the shot is smart business.

Why do you carry chinese water?