Thread: Donald Trump’s golf rounds are going to cost taxpayers for years and years to come

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,610 Times in 9,135 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default Donald Trump’s golf rounds are going to cost taxpayers for years and years to come

I really don't like the idea of taxpayers paying for Trumps golfing after he leaves office?!! Trump has played golf over 300 days while in office, price to taxpayers to date: 151.5 million?!!

President Donald Trump made playing golf a common part of his one-term presidency. He's spent a portion of his day at one of his 17 owned-or-operated golf properties on approximately 20 percent of the days of his term.

All of those visits to his golf clubs -- be they Trump National in Bedminster, N.J.; Trump National D.C. in Ashburn, Va.; or Trump International Golf Club in Jupiter, Fla. -- not only increased the Trump golf count but also increasde the bill to the American taxpayer.

Every time Trump has gone to one of his golf clubs as President, regardless of him playing golf or not, the taxpayer has been required to pay to transport and protect him.

Even when he leaves office on Jan. 20, 2021, Donald Trump's golf rounds are going to cost American taxpayers for years to come.

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsn...o-come-121174/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-24-2020), no worries (12-25-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

we should not have to pay for his golf bullshit AFTER he gets kicked out of office...but i am okay with paying extra to keep him out of Washington while he was president, because he is just a gigantic mistake ready to happen....i cannot wait until this silly ass moron no longer has access to any red buttons.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I really don't like the idea of taxpayers paying for Trumps golfing after he leaves office?!! Trump has played golf over 300 days while in office, price to taxpayers to date: 151.5 million?!!

President Donald Trump made playing golf a common part of his one-term presidency. He's spent a portion of his day at one of his 17 owned-or-operated golf properties on approximately 20 percent of the days of his term.

All of those visits to his golf clubs -- be they Trump National in Bedminster, N.J.; Trump National D.C. in Ashburn, Va.; or Trump International Golf Club in Jupiter, Fla. -- not only increased the Trump golf count but also increasde the bill to the American taxpayer.

Every time Trump has gone to one of his golf clubs as President, regardless of him playing golf or not, the taxpayer has been required to pay to transport and protect him.

Even when he leaves office on Jan. 20, 2021, Donald Trump's golf rounds are going to cost American taxpayers for years to come.

Here's a more calming thought:

NY State prisoners are not allowed to play golf.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Hoosier Daddy (12-25-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Trump has personally profited millions off of his golf junkets, he’s billing US taxpayers top dollar to house, feed, and entertain his posse and the security services that follow a President, there is a reason he plays strictly at Trump resorts

7. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

no worries (12-25-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post

I suppose after selling his soul to the devil, the fake president and criminal against humanity tRump is ok with the idea of spending a eternity at a burning hell fire golf course on his body and soul. This includes to which COVID-45's ill gotten gains on the taxpayer dime won't mean a thing there. Yet I hope for tRump's soul to suffer the eternal rebuke that he deserves of what he, in particular, was allowed to be at being a despicable and un American tyrant on global humanity.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 766 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 155 Times in 147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Trump has personally profited millions off of his golf junkets, he’s billing US taxpayers top dollar to house, feed, and entertain his posse and the security services that follow a President, there is a reason he plays strictly at Trump resorts
    The Trump Organization charged the Secret Service (in other words, the taxpayer) $400 to $650 a night to stay at Mar-a-Lago while guarding the president. At another Trump property, his golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey, the Secret Service was billed $17,000 a month for a small cottage, even when the president wasn’t present.

The Secret Service will spend $179,000 on golf cart rentals at one of Donald Trump's courses this summer.

Federal records showed that the Secret Service paid $95,000 for the service last year, and $118,000 the year before.

Trump's properties have charged the Secret Service $396 per night for 177 rentals at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort since he took office.

Eric Trump has claimed that Secret Service agents "stay at our properties for free — meaning, like, cost for housekeeping." He insisted last year that "we charge them, like, 50 bucks."