Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Chris Matthews is such a Douchebag

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/023851.html

What is wrong with this mans brains?

Why do they allow this guy a show called Hardball after he says this stupid shit?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Desh MSNBC is the all Obama network. Olberman, Maddow and Matthews have been in the bag for Obama from the outset. To pretend any different is to be in a total state of denial.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Matthews is in the tank for the Democrats and Obama....thats not news.....

Chevy Chase didn't want Gerald Ford to be elected. In 1976 when he began portraying the stumbling, bumbling president on Saturday Night Live, Ford's public face and political fate was sealed. "I didn't want him to be president again, I wanted Jimmy Carter."

After writing political satire for the Smothers Brothers and other comedy shows, Chevy Chase came to Saturday Night Live as a writer and ended up on-air playing Ford. "It was more about getting laughs and a way to reach millions of people."

Chase reminded Newsweek that he called it for Sarah Palin this year. "We were all sitting around the Democratic Convention in Denver with a bunch of reporters and someone mentioned that a jet just left Anchorage. I said, it was going to be her and everyone laughed."

Chase attended Saturday Night Live last month; the first night Tina Fey unveiled her portrayal of Sarah Palin. At the legendary SNL after-party, he sat with good friend Lorne Michaels and Tina Fey. He told Fey, Palin is "Big news and it's entertaining and fun; it's more like preaching to the
    choir."

What advice did he give Tina Fey? "I told Tina that night, you have got to keep doing Palin, it is going to kill McCain. That's the idea, and you have got to keep going at it!"

========
    Character assassination, plain and simple..
    This is how a liberal biased media cons the people into voting Dem.....been going on the more than 30 years .... only the braindead can't admit it....

http://tinyurl.com/6oatjb
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

MATTHEWS: What's the importance of the president's amazing display of leadership tonight?

[...]

MATTHEWS: What do you make of the actual visual that people will see on TV and probably, as you know, as well as I, will remember a lot longer than words spoken tonight? And that's the president looking very much like a jet, you know, a high-flying jet star. A guy who is a jet pilot. Has been in the past when he was younger, obviously. What does that image mean to the American people, a guy who can actually get into a supersonic plane and actually fly in an unpressurized cabin like an actual jet pilot?

[...]

MATTHEWS: Do you think this role, and I want to talk politically [...], the president deserves everything he's doing tonight in terms of his leadership. He won the war. He was an effective commander. Everybody recognizes that, I believe, except a few critics. Do you think he is defining the office of the presidency, at least for this time, as basically that of commander in chief? That [...] if you're going to run against him, you'd better be ready to take [that] away from him.

[...]

MATTHEWS: Let me ask you, Bob Dornan, you were a congressman all those years. Here's a president who's really nonverbal. He's like Eisenhower. He looks great in a military uniform. He looks great in that cowboy costume he wears when he goes West. I remember him standing at that fence with Colin Powell. Was [that] the best picture in the 2000 campaign?

[...]

MATTHEWS: Ann Coulter, you're the first to speak tonight on the buzz. The president's performance tonight, redolent of the best of Reagan -- what do you think?

COULTER: It's stunning. It's amazing. I think it's huge. I mean, he's landing on a boat at 150 miles per hour. It's tremendous. It's hard to imagine any Democrat being able to do that. And it doesn't matter if Democrats try to ridicule it. It's stunning, and it speaks for itself.

MATTHEWS: Pat Caddell, the president's performance tonight on television, his arrival on ship?

CADDELL: Well, first of all, Chris, the -- I think that -- you know, I was -- when I first heard about it, I was kind of annoyed. It sounded like the kind of PR stunt that Bill Clinton would pull. But and then I saw it. And you know, there's a real -- there's a real affection between him and the troops.

[...]

MATTHEWS: The president there -- look at this guy! We're watching him. He looks like he flew the plane. He only flew it as a passenger, but he's flown --

CADDELL: He looks like a fighter pilot.

MATTHEWS: He looks for real. What is it about the commander in chief role, the hat that he does wear, that makes him -- I mean, he seems like -- he didn't fight in a war, but he looks like he does.

CADDELL: Yes. It's a -- I don't know. You know, it's an internal thing. I don't know if you can put it into words. [...] You can see it with him and the troops, the ease with which he talks to them. I was amazed by that, frankly, because as I said, I was originally appalled, particularly when I heard he was going in an F-18. But -- on there -- but the -- but you know, that was --

MATTHEWS: Look at this guy!

CADDELL: -- was hard not to be moved by their reaction to him and his reaction to them and --

MATTHEWS: You know, Ann --

CADDELL: -- you know, they -- it's a quality. It's an innate quality. It's a real quality.

MATTHEWS: I know. I think you're right.
    Later in the day:

MATTHEWS: We're proud of our president. Americans love having a guy as president, a guy who has a little swagger, who's physical, who's not a complicated guy like [former President Bill] Clinton or even like [former Democratic presidential candidates Michael] Dukakis or [Walter] Mondale, all those guys, [George] McGovern. They want a guy who's president. Women like a guy who's president. Check it out. The women like this war. I think we like having a hero as our president. It's simple. We're not like the Brits. We don't want an indoor prime minister type, or the Danes or the Dutch or the Italians, or a [Russian Federation President Vladimir] Putin. Can you imagine Putin getting elected here? We want a guy as president.
    Later in the week:

MATTHEWS: What do you make of this broadside against the USS Abraham Lincoln and its chief visitor last week?

LIDDY: Well, I -- in the first place, I think it's envy. I mean, after all, Al Gore had to go get some woman to tell him how to be a man. And here comes George Bush. You know, he's in his flight suit, he's striding across the deck, and he's wearing his parachute harness, you know -- and I've worn those because I parachute -- and it makes the best of his manly characteristic. You go run those -- run that stuff again of him walking across there with the parachute. He has just won every woman's vote in the United States of America. You know, all those women who say size doesn't count -- they're all liars. Check that out. I hope the Democrats keep ratting on him and all of this stuff so that they keep showing that tape.

MATTHEWS: You know, it's funny. I shouldn't talk about ratings. I don't always pay attention to them, but last night was a riot because, at the very time [U.S. Rep.] Henry Waxman [D-CA] was on -- and I do respect him on legislative issues -- he was on blasting away, and these pictures were showing last night, and everybody's tuning in to see these pictures again.

Let's get a grip, shall we?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    Desh MSNBC is the all Obama network. Olberman, Maddow and Matthews have been in the bag for Obama from the outset. To pretend any different is to be in a total state of denial.

What did you expect them to do?

This was the worst president is history, Lets just see how well they police this new adminstration.

This is just the kind of shit I dont want to see and hear from any person with a show called hardball.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    What did you expect them to do?

This was the worst president is history, Lets just see how well they police this new adminstration.

This is just the kind of shit I dont want to see and hear from any person with a show called hardball.
    LOL

You actually expect them to say anything bad about the one? Chris Matthews was a joke.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Mathews is a joke, he supported the war and Bush much of his early years.

Hes an outdated clown.

They need to look at replacing him.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Desh, I believe your confused. Mathews wants the OBAMA presidency to work. He was on Morning Joe the day after Obama won the election and Scarborough was allready critisizing the way Obama was making his selections for his cabinet when Mathews said he "wanted the Obama presidency to work". There was real friction between Mathews and Scarborough after he said this and Mathews just left rather than take it up in front of God and everybody. Mathews is a big Obama supporter. Additionally, Mathews has been blasting Bush's policies, motives, and reasons he took us to war for the last 5-6 years. Mathews is the only thing I find you to be just totally wrong about. Just today, Limbaugh critisized Mathews for being in the tank for Obama.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by roscoe52 View Post
    Desh, I believe your confused. Mathews wants the OBAMA presidency to work. He was on Morning Joe the day after Obama won the election and Scarborough was allready critisizing the way Obama was making his selections for his cabinet when Mathews said he "wanted the Obama presidency to work". There was real friction between Mathews and Scarborough after he said this and Mathews just left rather than take it up in front of God and everybody. Mathews is a big Obama supporter. Additionally, Mathews has been blasting Bush's policies, motives, and reasons he took us to war for the last 5-6 years. Mathews is the only thing I find you to be just totally wrong about. Just today, Limbaugh critisized Mathews for being in the tank for Obama.
    I saw that, and I couldn't believe how nasty Joe and Mica were to him. Joe spent the whole morning attempting to create a big story entitled "Obama Bungles First Pick" by claiming that Emmanual was publically dissing Obama. It was crazy.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    Matthews used to be a huge Bushie - but recently, yeah you are right, he has been very pro-Obama. however, it's hard to see how people can call MSNBC this big liberal network. Matthews is no liberal, he spend years in the tank for Bush. Sure Keith and Rachel are. But then you have three hours every morning of the Joe Con show, and that is some crap they are selling on there. Plus, they have right wing pundits all day long, and Buchanan sometimes appears to be on there 24/7, I swear.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I hope Americans want Obama's Presidency to work. I certainly want his Presidency to work. I will definitely be behind him in his first couple of years... But if he signs off on any Nanny Legislation..I will be critical. I dont know what happened to Matthews... I thjink the Clown Prince Keith Olbermann drove him over the edge.
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Matthews used to be a huge Bushie - but recently, yeah you are right, he has been very pro-Obama. however, it's hard to see how people can call MSNBC this big liberal network. Matthews is no liberal, he spend years in the tank for Bush. Sure Keith and Rachel are. But then you have three hours every morning of the Joe Con show, and that is some crap they are selling on there. Plus, they have right wing pundits all day long, and Buchanan sometimes appears to be on there 24/7, I swear.
    Matthews is a life long Democrat ... he worked for Tip Oneil and Jimmy Carter for cris sakes. MSNBC has been the Obama Network and Kieth is an asshole.
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by klaatu View Post
    Matthews is a life long Democrat ... he worked for Tip Oneil and Jimmy Carter for cris sakes. MSNBC has been the Obama Network and Kieth is an asshole.
    I know that. But Democrat, former or current, in no way makes one a liberal. Matthews is not a liberal. I do not know why you are so resistent to facts. DH posted a list of some of his greatest hits. Anyone who actually watches MSNBC is well aware that for years, YEARS, Matthews was "in the tank" for W. It wasn't until Scooter Libby that he turned. I always assumed that they had f'd him personally during that whole thing.

Nor does any of this change the fact that the first three hours of every day on MSNBC are run by Joe scarborough, a movement con and complete blowhard. Nor does it change the fact that Pat Buchanan is on pretty much every show. And the day time hours, in between the conservative morning, and rachel and Keith, both of whom I have stipulated are liberals....it's news. Given by people like Andrea Mitchell.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by klaatu View Post
    I hope Americans want Obama's Presidency to work. I certainly want his Presidency to work. I will definitely be behind him in his first couple of years... But if he signs off on any Nanny Legislation..I will be critical. I dont know what happened to Matthews... I thjink the Clown Prince Keith Olbermann drove him over the edge.
    No. they personally lied to him about the war, and about the libby affair. he actually took the war lies personally from what I have heard him say. Cause you know, people died and stuff. Not something other pundits seem to notice, by and large.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/023851.html

What is wrong with this mans brains?

Why do they allow this guy a show called Hardball after he says this stupid shit?
    I think Matthews deserves a special spelling of douchebag. I nominate "dewshbag".