Thread: Darla?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    I missed you.

And yes, I finally allowed myself to believe. i will never forget, as long as I live, the moment they called Ohio for Obama. I had crashed because that Maddow and Todd were trash talking about VA, and Todd said the map was looking more and more like 2000 and 04, and I was just like, oh shit...and then not five minutes later, they broke in and called Ohio and I knew that was it. A beautiful night. From 1968 to 2008, a true arc of history.

So glad you are here.
    Same here! I overheard Gergen saying something like "we can't say President McCain yet, but...", and then some other guy comparing the exit polls to the fiasco of '04, then Todd talking about VA, and my whole mood just sank. Then, within what seemed like minutes, they called OH and I knew it was done.

How was the party? Was there any smoke for that shoulder pain?

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    Same here! I overheard Gergen saying something like "we can't say President McCain yet, but...", and then some other guy comparing the exit polls to the fiasco of '04, then Todd talking about VA, and my whole mood just sank. Then, within what seemed like minutes, they called OH and I knew it was done.

How was the party? Was there any smoke for that shoulder pain?
    No, no one brought it, I couldn't believe it. But I drank a lot of champagne and it feels a lot better right now, so it's ok.

I didn't hear Gergen say that Onceler, that would have really put me over the edge. What a night though.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

"What a night though. "

Incredible. Much moreso than I thought it might be. The whole history of the moment thing really hit me tonight, particulary what this must mean for African Americans, but also for America in general. It's like the greatest comeback ever (not election-wise, but nation-wise). I can only imagine what the rest of the world is feeling right now, and it's really cool to feel proud about one of our elections.

Great speech, too...

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Tiana's boyfriend Olberman said this was man on the moon history and he is right. I actually lived at the time when America overcame it's history and elected a good man who happens to be black.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I missed you.

And yes, I finally allowed myself to believe. i will never forget, as long as I live, the moment they called Ohio for Obama. I had crashed because that Maddow and Todd were trash talking about VA, and Todd said the map was looking more and more like 2000 and 04, and I was just like, oh shit...and then not five minutes later, they broke in and called Ohio and I knew that was it. A beautiful night. From 1968 to 2008, a true arc of history.

So glad you are here.
    Woo hoo! There you are!

Hey, I like the avatar. Very Jerry Garcia.

I'm plotzed: I make no bones about it. A couple bottles of Mumms NV Blanc de Noir will do that to you. Yep, even me. Well, okay, there was the cider before hand.

*hic*

I know it doesn't resonate so much out there on the right coast, but think good thoughts about Cali prop. 8 turning the corner. If we win this one -- that is, if the proposition loses -- then the f*ckwads will have a MAJOR setback to set atop the Obama parade float.

We can still hope.

Miss you much, doll. Yeah, I shouldn't call you "doll" but, like I say, I'm plotzed. Gimme a break. The last few months have been a small slice of hell yet, paradoxically, very satisfying too. It's more than slightly serendipitous that we're coming out of it just when our long national nightmare is at an end.

Enjoy! These moments don't come often enough. We'll talk tomorrow.
    "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."
    -- V

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by OrnotBitwise View Post
    Woo hoo! There you are!

Hey, I like the avatar. Very Jerry Garcia.

I'm plotzed: I make no bones about it. A couple bottles of Mumms NV Blanc de Noir will do that to you. Yep, even me. Well, okay, there was the cider before hand.

*hic*

I know it doesn't resonate so much out there on the right coast, but think good thoughts about Cali prop. 8 turning the corner. If we win this one -- that is, if the proposition loses -- then the f*ckwads will have a MAJOR setback to set atop the Obama parade float.

We can still hope.

Miss you much, doll. Yeah, I shouldn't call you "doll" but, like I say, I'm plotzed. Gimme a break. The last few months have been a small slice of hell yet, paradoxically, very satisfying too. It's more than slightly serendipitous that we're coming out of it just when our long national nightmare is at an end.

Enjoy! These moments don't come often enough. We'll talk tomorrow.
    I really want to talk to you about everything, and see what is going on. But, yep, tomorrow. Good night, and I have my fingers crossed for you on Prop 8.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I really want to talk to you about everything, and see what is going on. But, yep, tomorrow. Good night, and I have my fingers crossed for you on Prop 8.
    G'night. F'ngrs. Right. Got that.

Wheeeeeeee!
    "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."
    -- V

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hey Look! It's the fool who believes that racial discrimination against white people is a joyful experience! How's it going, fool?