Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who won?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I’ve always been a glass is half full kind of guy.

This may be ‘necessary medicine’ for the country.
    you are right!! getting rid of corrupt chickenshit liar trump is necessary medicine for this country...you finally got something right!! kudos to you and your adult guardian!!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth Omar,

Everybody already knows the answer to that question.

The real question which begs to be answered is: Why don't Trump supporters believe in American Elections any more?

No matter.

People who do not accept reality have a tough time fitting into the world.

The world will go on whether or not some accept reality.

Any time deniers would like to admit they were wrong and begin seeing the world as it really is, we in the rest of society will be happy to welcome you back to the real world.

We can't make you see what you refuse to see. You are going to have to figure out how to do that on your own.

And it won't be easy. There will be plenty of poorly-adjusted fools on the left who will insult you and cause you to double down on your entrenchment into fantasy.

You've got a real challenge ahead of you.

You're going to have to go against what all your friends and trusted close people in your life are saying and side with the liberals in order to accept reality.

Peer pressure is strong. Most people don't have what it takes to rise above that.

Can you think for yourself?

That's the real question.

Do you let others do your thinking for you? Maybe just go along with everything you are hearing?

Or do you really take a fresh look at things with an open mind.

I don't envy you.

I am so glad I accept the facts.

Here's a hint on how to gain some insight into how the 'crazy liberals' can possibly believe the 'strange' things they do.

If you have a PBS TV station that you can view, just try watching The PBS Newshour.

Even if you can't catch it on broadcast (I have no idea if this would even be broadcast in West Virginia,) just click on the above link.

They have free episodes there for the watching.

I like Fridays. Shields and Brooks make a great pair for wise commentary.

PBS is not motivated to sell advertising or use sensationalism. It's just the news. It's not fake. They have a strong reputation of credibility.

I challenge you to watch the PBS Newshour every night for three weeks.

The reason I chose three weeks as the challenge is because that is the duration of time it generally takes to establish habits.

I bet if you chose to accept this challenge that at the conclusion of it you will actually LIKE the PBS Newshour and choose to continue watching.

It would certainly provide some full circle balance to whatever sources you are currently getting your information from.

It would expand your knowledge base.

And you wouldn't have to tell any of your peer group what you are doing, suffer no ridicule.

But, of course, that would become a mounting challenge to remain quiet.

The information you would learn from PBS Newshour would be quite stimulating.
    I hope you enjoy your high gasoline prices lol.

For the next two years, anyway.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,742 Times in 17,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,251 Times in 3,055 Posts
    Blog Entries

This election was rigged with the mail in ballots and any Biden claim to the presidency is illegitimate.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth Omar,

Republican runs energetic campaign and draws record crowds.
    The results of that are now being seen as coronavirus numbers are exploding.

Nearly a quarter million Americans found out they tested positive just yesterday.

One day.

There are 100,000 hospitalized.

26,000 are in Serious or Critical Condition.

2,718 Americans died yesterday.

Hospitals are being overwhelmed.

Health care workers are being pressed to work long hours, stretched to their limits. We can expand numbers of beds but we have no more health care workers to press into action.

Record numbers of deaths are being seen.

Health care organizations are hiring full-time counselors to perform real-time counseling for health care workers who are being impacted by seeing so much death.

It has got to be very difficult to treat people, try to save them, and see them die alone. Holding someone's hand as they breath their final breath, and then moving on to do it again for another dying person who cannot even be seen by family in their final moments. It has got to be very difficult to take that and keep on working. That's grim work.

No wonder full-time counselors have been pressed into real-time service on the job.

And throughout this national tragedy we have the right in denial, making up an alternative make-believe world of Pollyannish nonsense they choose to live in.

And they tell us on the left that we are the loonie ones.

Go figure.

Just because we accept and deal with reality.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-05-2020)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth Omar,

The results of that are now being seen as coronavirus numbers are exploding.

Nearly a quarter million Americans found out they tested positive just yesterday.

One day.

There are 100,000 hospitalized.

26,000 are in Serious or Critical Condition.

2,718 Americans died yesterday.

Hospitals are being overwhelmed.

Health care workers are being pressed to work long hours, stretched to their limits. We can expand numbers of beds but we have no more health care workers to press into action.

Record numbers of deaths are being seen.

Health care organizations are hiring full-time counselors to perform real-time counseling for health care workers who are being impacted by seeing so much death.

It has got to be very difficult to treat people, try to save them, and see them die alone. Holding someone's hand as they breath their final breath, and then moving on to do it again for another dying person who cannot even be seen by family in their final moments. It has got to be very difficult to take that and keep on working. That's grim work.

No wonder full-time counselors have been pressed into real-time service on the job.

And throughout this national tragedy we have the right in denial, making up an alternative make-believe world of nonsense they choose to live in.

And they tell us on the left that we are the loonie ones.

Go figure.

Just because we accept and deal with reality.
    Some..hospitals are stressed.

Enjoy your high gas prices at the pump. Just keep reminding yourself you voted for it and you’re saving the planet.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,254 Times in 7,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Awww...the Trumpers are all crying still.

Gosh, we should all pity them.

If only they would stop making us laugh so hard...we might be able to do that.

ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

BartenderElite (12-05-2020), Guno צְבִי (12-05-2020), John Barron (12-05-2020)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

I hope you enjoy your high gasoline prices lol.

For the next two years, anyway.
    Are you trying to hijack your own thread?

Well, I understand there has to be some kind of mechanisms to avoid accepting any facts accepted by the left.

And that's fine.

I'll play along.

If you chose to accept my challenge, you wouldn't want to let anybody know. Certainly not anyone on the right. It would be disastrous to admit you're doing it here in a politics chat room.

I understand.

Wink wink.

Nod Nod.

You have to keep up appearances.

The right is not very forgiving for anyone who begins to show any sign of weakness (as in having understanding or trying to reach some kind of understanding with people on the left.)
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,340 Times in 10,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

But it’s clear who *should have won* given those statistics.

Anyone who bet on the democrat was almost guaranteed to lose money.
    Except you “conveniently” left out some pertinent statistics.

Such as a pathological liar in the Republican.

Such as the Republican completely fucked up the only national crisis he faced in his term. One that caused the deaths of tens of thousands. Needlessly.

You know, those kinds of facts, 61.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (12-05-2020), John Barron (12-05-2020)

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Republican candidate enters race owning the non-poll indicators.

Democrat candidate leads in the polls but lags way behind in voter enthusiasm.

Democrat runs highly unusual campaign from the ‘basement’ and causes one well regarded pundit to declare “it’s the damnedest thing I’ve ever seen”.

Republican gets modern era record of minority votes for a republican in a national election.

Democrat loses more minority votes to a republican in any recent race.

Republican has long coat tails and his party flips 13 seats in the House.

Democrat has virtually no coat tails and his party fails to flip a single state legislature.

That’s all the information you have. Who won?
    On the surface there's no question you'd think the Republican won. The only thing here is when we peel back the onion so to speak it makes more sense.

Regarding crowd enthusiasm, I think to Bernie vs Hillary in '16. Bernie turned out large extremely enthusiastic crowds. I dislike most everything about Bernie but I will give it to him that he has a passionate following. But to win on the national level it takes more than just a passionate base.

Regarding the minority vote, I would agree. You look at Bush in '04 and the slight increase he received in the black vote and the role that played in helping him win. With the EC the key is where are those votes located however. Trump got an increased Hispanic vote but I believe a lot of that to be in Florida and Texas. He got a bigger black vote but the black vote against also turned out heavily in Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin. The latter two being states he won by small margins in '16.

And with COVID and the lockdowns and the George Floyd protests people were paying a lot of attention to politics. Trump is clearly a unicorn. Whether one likes him or not he's unlike anyone else. He has a passionate following but he also had people who rarely/never vote come out to vote against him because they dislike him that much.

And anecdotally I can speak to about half dozen friend's who wives are either Republican or lean right that voted for Biden (these are all college educated white women). From the EC perspective their votes are irrelevant because they're in California but if there were other white women across the country like them that played a major role in helping Biden.

If you told me the above in 2019 I would put my daughter's college education fund on Trump. But with COVID and all that's gone down in 2020 it changed everything.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,873 Times in 14,203 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,454 Times in 1,373 Posts
    Blog Entries

But it’s clear who *should have won* given those statistics.

Anyone who bet on the democrat was almost guaranteed to lose money.
    Bottom line, no matter who had won, WV will always be a dying shithole state
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Democrat runs highly unusual campaign from the ‘basement’ and causes one well regarded pundit to declare “it’s the damnedest thing I’ve ever seen”.

Republican gets modern era record of minority votes for a republican in a national election.

Democrat has virtually no coat tails and his party fails to flip a single state legislature.

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,623 Times in 10,011 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    hilarious!! that is why the leaders and the people in europe were dancing in the street at the news!! how do you even type with your head so far up bone spur trump's fat ass?
    I bet they were. YAYYYYYYYY!!! The U.S gets to be our bank bitch AGAIN!!!! Hooray.....we can take them like the suckers they are again!!!!

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,253 Times in 6,879 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Biden won, and it wasn't close.

It was a massive landslide. 306 electoral votes, and now over 7 million in the margin for the popular.

Trump tried to be President for his base only - and those are the only votes he got. It wasn't even close to enough.

Failed one-termer.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-06-2020)

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,253 Times in 6,879 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Awww...the Trumpers are all crying still.

Gosh, we should all pity them.

If only they would stop making us laugh so hard...we might be able to do that.

Right?

For the sake of pete - it's just an election. It's not like Republicans were going to win the WH indefinitely - it tends to go back & forth in history. One party loses, the other party wins - the party that loses actually survives, and wins at another time.

They're acting like it's the end of the world or something. Dems had to deal in 2016. Now they have to deal.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,272 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Not even close to all the “information” we have, the Courts, approaching forty now, State and Local Election officials including Governors from both parties, cyber experts, several State Legislatures, GSA, Homeland Security, and Trump’s own Justice Dept including his main fixer have come forward to declare election fraud did not effect the outcome of the election, that it was a clean election, they’ve told us Biden won, fair and square