Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clinging to Trump Is A Weakness. Time To Let Go.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    People like rand Paul and Ted cruise are fighting for the mantel

They won’t get it

It will be given to Jared or one of the trump kids
    Ideally they will be in prison.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

I believe facts and truth will save this nation

The fully court documented proof that the Republican Party has cheated in elections for decades would go a Long way in that service

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    What I'm wondering about is what his supporters do when they realize he is ACTUALLY going to lose. I saw some of them on the street the other night, waving their giant flags. When I pointed out to them that their guy had lost and they should go home, they lost their minds. What's going to happen when these people realize they've been engaged in a fools errand? How will they react?
    It is SO bizarre to see those people out there acting like they are still campaigning. I am wondering just who they are trying to convince of WHAT? Ya wanna tell them: "Hey, the election is over. You can go home now." It's creepy that they don't get it and they're still out there.

I figure there is no point at all in putting the window down and trying to talk to them. They are so gone they are beyond help. You can't help somebody who does not want to help themselves.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

I believe facts and truth will save this nation

The fully court documented proof that the Republican Party has cheated in elections for decades would go a Long way in that service
    I don't think there is ever going to be a turning moment in that. Would be nice.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Concart,

It is SO bizarre to see those people out there acting like they are still campaigning. I am wondering just who they are trying to convince of WHAT? Ya wanna tell them: "Hey, the election is over. You can go home now." It's creepy that they don't get it and they're still out there.

I figure there is no point at all in putting the window down and trying to talk to them. They are so gone they are beyond help. You can't help somebody who does not want to help themselves.
    My interaction with them is for my own benefit. Guilty pleasure. Very cathartic. The reaction is just amazing though. They immediately get 'the face'. You know the one I'm talking about. That rabid supporter, how dare you say that face. Angry, red, vein popping face. It's immediate and over the top. Accompanied of course by the expected gestures and insults. Very sad. I usually find myself in Flagler Beach twice a week. They are almost always there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-03-2020)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

My interaction with them is for my own benefit. Guilty pleasure. Very cathartic. The reaction is just amazing though. They immediately get 'the face'. You know the one I'm talking about. That rabid supporter, how dare you say that face. Angry, red, vein popping face. It's immediate and over the top. Accompanied of course by the expected gestures and insults. Very sad. I usually find myself in Flagler Beach twice a week. They are almost always there.
    Sounds like I'm making the right choice for me. I have no desire to be in a verbal dispute that solves nothing and has the potential to spiral out of control. I've already had enough of that to last a lifetime.

I just can't get over how creepy it is for them to be out there campaigning after the election. It must be sort of like church for them. They get to be with people of a like mind, get reinforcement, think they are 'saving the country,' whatever. And apparently the fact that the election is over and what they are doing is pointless is simply brushed aside as unimportant. They are good at ignoring pertinent facts anyway, so why not?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Concart (12-03-2020)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello evince,

I don't think there is ever going to be a turning moment in that. Would be nice.

Unfortunately it is going to take a reaction to the murders the trumpeted will commit after they realize it’s all over

When Biden takes office they will kill people

I really wish I was wrong

I’m not

They will begin to kill people in an attempt to please trump

The redeemable ones will back away

We saw a small backing away when trump caged and tortured children

The murders committed by trumps minions will be the turning point

As sad as that is

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Be careful

Dont do it anymore

They are going to kill people

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Be careful

Dont do it anymore

They are going to kill people
    My kid tells me the same thing. I probably should just drive by, but it isn't my nature. It's funny, but over the years, I've had many encounters with people I disagree with, whether it's a door knocking, or public meetings, etc. I've never encountered the kind of raw vitriol that the Trump supporters give off. Most of those encounters over the years have been respectful, polite, and even humorous. This is different. You are right, it is going to boil over. It hasn't happened yet, but there will come a point when Trump will basically signal his supporters. We've seen it before, and it is concerning. I actually ran a campaign. I remember explaining to the candidate (who I happened to be married to) that she just needed to find something in common with everyone she encountered, whether it was kids, hobbies, even a favorite TV show. It always made the discussions, even the heated ones, far more civil. You simply cannot reach a Trump supporter that way. They don't believe you have a single redeeming quality. It's like nothing I've ever seen before.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

evince (12-03-2020), PoliTalker (12-03-2020)

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Unfortunately it is going to take a reaction to the murders the trumpeted will commit after they realize it’s all over

When Biden takes office they will kill people

I really wish I was wrong

I’m not

They will begin to kill people in an attempt to please trump

The redeemable ones will back away

We saw a small backing away when trump caged and tortured children

The murders committed by trumps minions will be the turning point

As sad as that is
    I don't think we are going to see any large numbers of murders. Sure, there could be some. But as soon as they begin, they will be dealt with by law enforcement to end up on the 6 o'clock news. They will be made a spectacle of, the media will get some juicy stuff to sell more advertising, people will sit at home and watch it on TV and say oh my. Done. Move on.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

It is a cult

Cult members will even kill them themselves for their dear leader

Please be VERY careful
    I always figured it would not end well with all these right wing talking heads making up conspiracy theories and whipping up hatred for our own government. Once the model was out there to copy and amoral people realized they could make a lot of money if they just say scary stuff then it set us on a path to this.

I'm hoping that a few of the craziest kooks do exactly as you say, that they are made out to be exactly what they are, and the rest of the world sees how poorly they are received, and then a lot of them who are thinking of following that path suddenly realize how they will be coming across and how they could destroy their own lives for nothing, and they change their minds about it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (12-03-2020)

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

At first the right will deny the deaths are real

The school shootings have been called fake

The COVID deaths have been called fake

It may take some time

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

At first the right will deny the deaths are real

The school shootings have been called fake

The COVID deaths have been called fake

It may take some time
    No doubt it will take time.

We have to keep pulling for a bright American future.

We have everything we need to build that.

All we have to do is get people more unified toward the goal.

That's the big challenge.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 12-03-2020 at 05:40 PM.