Thread: Covid vaccine programme to start next week in UK

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Covid vaccine programme to start next week in UK

It will be the biggest vaccination drive in history, a logistical operation almost unparalleled in peacetime, but what will it mean for you and your loved ones?

With the first doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech jab due in Britain in the coming days, the first concrete details began to emerge yesterday of how the vaccine will be rolled out, to whom first and when.

Officials hope to have several million doses of the Pfizer jab available before the end of the year.

With each person needing two doses, that means several million could be vaccinated by the end of the year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ets-first.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 12-02-2020 at 10:14 PM.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

We'll see how well they manage.

That it will be done well is not a good bet based upon recent performance of both the health system and the government.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    We'll see how well they manage.

That it will be done well is not a good bet based upon recent performance of both the health system and the government.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Re the tempurature problem:

United Begins Flying Pfizer’s Covid-19 Vaccine
    Carriers are positioning doses for quick distribution if vaccines are approved by regulators
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/united-...=djemalertNEWS

Solving the dry ice challenge for COVID vaccine
    UPS invests in production capability, mobile freezer units to aid distribution; SkyCell ultracold airfreight container allows more vaccine to be transported per flight
    https://www.freightwaves.com/news/pf...-covid-vaccine

Just to make this more fun there has been a co2 shortage since the beginning of the pandemic, dry ice is of course co2.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Re the tempurature problem:

United Begins Flying Pfizer’s Covid-19 Vaccine
    Carriers are positioning doses for quick distribution if vaccines are approved by regulators
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/united-...=djemalertNEWS

Solving the dry ice challenge for COVID vaccine
    UPS invests in production capability, mobile freezer units to aid distribution; SkyCell ultracold airfreight container allows more vaccine to be transported per flight

Just to make this more fun there has been a co2 shortage since the beginning of the pandemic, dry ice is of course co2.
    Boeing stock is over 223 now! Oh and there is no dry ice shortage in the UK now! They have special insulated suitcases to transport the vaccine.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Boeing stock is over 223 now! Oh and there is no dry ice shortage in the UK now! They have special insulated suitcases to transport the vaccine.
    I gave links... its all very interesting.....I hope it works out...I assume nothing after all of the bungling I have witnessed.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump deserves a Novel Peace Prize for that, but the churlish cunts will never allow that! If you object to the word cunt then fuck you, Doris has given it her imprimatur now!

Don’t be in any doubt – the development of a highly effective vaccine for Covid-19 in less than a year is an extraordinary scientific achievement, perhaps the greatest of my lifetime.

I’d put it on a par with Alexander Fleming’s discovery of penicillin in 1928. It really is that transformative.

And that’s because the implications are so much wider than the vaccine’s capacity to halt this pandemic.

Now, as a direct result of this research, new vaccines are on course to protect us from many infectious diseases – including the scourge of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

It's the greatest scientific achievement of my lifetime: Vaccinology expert Professor BRENDAN WREN hopes Covid-19 jab it could help beat many other illnesses too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...NDAN-WREN.html
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 12-03-2020 at 03:15 AM.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Earlier, Mr Hancock told the BBC that vaccinations would take place in care homes, centres such as sports halls and also clinics that would open seven days a week.

He said he was giving GPs an extra £150m to help with the roll-out, and he believed NHS staff "will rise to this challenge of being ready when the science comes good to inject hope into millions of arms this winter".

"There are many hard days ahead, many hurdles to overcome, but our plan is working and I'm more sure than ever that we will prevail together," he added.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54882091

That would be nice.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is worth noting that over 130 million doses will be required, so pushing L150m to GP's to fund the program is pretty much the least they could do.

There are 54,000 GP's so that is not even 3,000 per for a shit ton of work as I understand it.

We'll see.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is worth noting that over 130 million doses will be required, so pushing L150m to GP's to fund the program is pretty much the least they could do.

There are 54,000 GP's so that is not even 3,000 per for a shit ton of work as I understand it.

We'll see.
    It will be administered by GPs, nurses in hospitals, clinics, schools, workplace carparks and assembly halls. The Moderna and AZN vaccines will be available soon enough so fret not.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    It will be administered by GPs, nurses in hospitals, clinics, schools, workplace carparks and assembly halls. The Moderna and AZN vaccines will be available soon enough so fret not.
    Cameron Wilson11 November, 2020 1:31 pm
    When you consider the billions blown on the multitude of dubious actions/items over the past six months and contrast that to the support given to General Practice, that tried and trusted, reliable part of the NHS it is demoralizing as it is predictable. Not for the first time, it feels we are being set up to fail. The tone of your organisation Nikki is the exact opposite of what you purport to be. You may get us to work like donkeys for next few months but rest assured you and your masters will reap what you sow, you could easily cut the slack out of some of the box ticking nonsense we go through but even when asking us to work 12hrs a day every day, you chose not to do so. If we treated our staff like that, we would be up before a tribunal and deemed totally unreasonable. This is not a whining whinge but the sad observation of a long standing GP who can see the daily damage that micromanagement has delivered.
    https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/covid-1...il-april-2021/