Thread: MARTIAL LAW

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you're ignorant of the facts.
    Facts? These are the people on the ground, the people that were there, Democrat and Republican, Governors, cyber experts, even Trump's fixer, and you are telling us they are all lying?

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Facts? These are the people on the ground, the people that were there, Democrat and Republican, Governors, cyber experts, even Trump's fixer, and you are telling us they are all lying?
    there's a different set of people on the ground saying otherwise, and they signed affidavits.

watch the various state hearings on youtube. step into knowledge. be somebody.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the president is the head of the miilitary. the military puts down coups.

apparently you don't know the constitution.
    Correct, but there has to be a coup, an election is not a coup, and all the innuendos and unverified accusations circulating in the right wing media and on the social network don't make that fact any different

4. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-04-2020)

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

SWEETHEART, YOU ARE AS FUCKING DUMB AS SHIT.

6. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

there's a different set of people on the ground saying otherwise, and they signed affidavits.

watch the various state hearings on youtube. step into knowledge. be somebody.
    But those people are minuscular in comparison and have been largely discredited in an actual court of law

And as for the hearings, this one says it all,

If you get the continuation, you can hear Rudi farting, twice

7. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-04-2020)

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    1. treason is currently defined as war against the government, is it not?

2. that would make suspending the constituiton the act of a tyrant, not treason...........since it's the government doing the suspending?
    1. I'm not a fucking lawyer. I'm a US Marine and I swore an oath to the Constitution, not a fucking politician. Anyone who supports suspending the Constitution of the United States is a traitor. I'll be happy to line up their fucking lawyers along with them and I know I am not alone in that idea, Marine or not.

2. Tyrant or traitor, the price is the same. Why would that make a difference? It'd be like a judge or some other fucking asshole pardoning themselves. Can you see the problem with that concept, Marine?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-04-2020), ThatOwlWoman (12-04-2020)

10. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But those people are minuscular in comparison and have been largely discredited in an actual court of law

And as for the hearings, this one says it all,

If you get the continuation, you can hear Rudi farting, twice
    Trump should fire Barr and hire Ms. Carone. It would cap the entire four years of the Trump administration.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

12. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so all the lockdown proponents are traitors. exactly.
    so all the lockdown proponents are traitors. exactly.
    Let me know when you start shooting up your Hawaiian paradise, Legion. I'll look for you in the news.

13. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Violates the Constitution.

Won't happen.

Military will refuse an unconstitutional order.

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I hope we never have to find out if that works out.
    I'm sure we all do.

But it's unlikely it will come to that. As has been pointed out, officials all over the nation have declared the election valid. In order for Trump to justify an order of martial law and the suspension of the Constitution he would have to back up such an order with verifiable cause. No verifiable cause, it's unconstitutional. And this isn't just one person to verify it. Every officer in the military is sworn to uphold the Constitution. Even if he got a top officer to try to carry this out it wouldn't work unless all officers in the country agreed. The last thing they wanna do is have operations in the US borders against US citizens. They would need pretty convincing reasons to do that and Trump ain't gonna have it.

Basically this idea is more wild and far fetched than anything to date, none of which has worked.

Trump's problem is people actually believe in democracy; and elections matter. This one is valid. It is going to be respected like it was the flag.

Probably if Trump even halfway thought this might work he would first try to ask around to see what the chances are of the order being carried out before he actually gave it. He would learn that the order would not be carried out and so he would not give it.

I imagine those active duty generals have made it crystal clear to him they are not loyal to him over the Constitution. It is unlikely Trump thinks they are.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

15. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Trump should fire Barr and hire Ms. Carone. It would cap the entire four years of the Trump administration.
    You kidding, the way that lady is burning up Twitter she has a career in comedy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-04-2020)

17. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    1. I'm not a fucking lawyer. I'm a US Marine and I swore an oath to the Constitution, not a fucking politician. Anyone who supports suspending the Constitution of the United States is a traitor. I'll be happy to line up their fucking lawyers along with them and I know I am not alone in that idea, Marine or not.

2. Tyrant or traitor, the price is the same. Why would that make a difference? It'd be like a judge or some other fucking asshole pardoning themselves. Can you see the problem with that concept, Marine?
    I absolutely can...............but then OUR position isn't colored by a political party name or base who excuses or justifies their political leaders actions because of party. you stated that those in guerilla warfare would be seen as mcveigh.............and that's because of the base of both parties.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

18. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

You kidding, the way that lady is burning up Twitter she has a career in comedy
    SNL so needs to do a skit on her.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-04-2020)

20. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Violates the Constitution.

Won't happen.

Military will refuse an unconstitutional order.

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

I'm sure we all do.

But it's unlikely it will come to that. As has been pointed out, officials all over the nation have declared the election valid. In order for Trump to justify an order of martial law and the suspension of the Constitution he would have to back up such an order with verifiable cause. No verifiable cause, it's unconstitutional. And this isn't just one person to verify it. Every officer in the military is sworn to uphold the Constitution. Even if he got a top officer to try to carry this out it wouldn't work unless all officers in the country agreed. The last thing they wanna do is have operations in the US borders against US citizens. They would need pretty convincing reasons to do that and Trump ain't gonna have it.

Basically this idea is more wild and far fetched than anything to date, none of which has worked.

Trump's problem is people actually believe in democracy; and elections matter. This one is valid. It is going to be respected like it was the flag.

Probably if Trump even halfway thought this might work he would first try to ask around to see what the chances are of the order being carried out before he actually gave it. He would learn that the order would not be carried out and so he would not give it.

I imagine those active duty generals have made it crystal clear to him they are not loyal to him over the Constitution. It is unlikely Trump thinks they are.
    One would think not, but that don't mean Trump ain't thinking that way, and why not from his perspective, he knows a major political party and TV network would probably support him

"White House fires Pentagon advisory board members, installs loyalists" (https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...members-442892)

Corey Lewandowski? Now what does Corey Lewandowski know about the Pentagan, and why with a month to go would Trump put Corey Lewandowski at the Penatgon?

"Trump Pentagon nominee alleged Biden 'coup'" (https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...en-coup-report

And now we got a Trump loyalist, who is also talking martial law, replacing Esper, another mysterious firing in a lame duck period

21. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One would think not, but that don't mean Trump ain't thinking that way, and why not from his perspective, he knows a major political party and TV network would probably support him

"White House fires Pentagon advisory board members, installs loyalists" (https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...members-442892)

Corey Lewandowski? Now what does Corey Lewandowski know about the Pentagan, and why with a month to go would Trump put Corey Lewandowski at the Penatgon?

"Trump Pentagon nominee alleged Biden 'coup'" (https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...en-coup-report

And now we got a Trump loyalist, who is also talking martial law, replacing Esper, another mysterious firing in a lame duck period
    Yeah, that is troubling.

But Trump does pick the top generals.

They have no loyalty to him over the Constitution. Their whole purpose is to defend the nation and the Constitution.

22. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This story has had it's 15 minutes of prime time coverage. I don't expect to see it even mentioned again in the main stream media.