1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default White House 'Bribery-For-Pardon' Scheme Under Investigation

Here's a new way to raise money:

U.S. prosecutors investigating potential White House 'bribery-for-pardon' scheme

(Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department is investigating a potential crime related to funneling money to the White House in exchange for a presidential pardon, according to court documents unsealed in federal court.

U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell on Tuesday released a heavily redacted order that described what she called a “bribery-for-pardon” investigation.

About half of the 18-page document was blacked out, with the publicly available version providing few details of the alleged scheme, and naming none of the people potentially involved.

It said federal prosecutors in Washington said they had obtained evidence of a bribery scheme in which someone “would offer a substantial political contribution in exchange for a presidential pardon or reprieve of sentence.”"

Is anyone surprised?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-02-2020), Earl (12-02-2020)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (12-02-2020), moon (12-02-2020), ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is not publicly known who might be involved.

Anyone like to guess?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-02-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No government official is named in the heavily redacted document.

I am trying to figure out who might have the power to sell presidential pardons.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-02-2020)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

domer76 (12-02-2020), martin (12-02-2020), moon (12-02-2020)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,395 Times in 3,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

Defensive Trumpers can't shut up about "criminal" Democrats when it's their own side that's steeped in law breaking.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to martin For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2020)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

“Pardon investigation is fake news,” Trump tweeted Tuesday night.

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

U.S. prosecutors investigating potential White House 'bribery-for-pardon' scheme

(Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department is investigating a potential crime related to funneling money to the White House in exchange for a presidential pardon, according to court documents unsealed in federal court.

U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell on Tuesday released a heavily redacted order that described what she called a “bribery-for-pardon” investigation.

About half of the 18-page document was blacked out, with the publicly available version providing few details of the alleged scheme, and naming none of the people potentially involved.

It said federal prosecutors in Washington said they had obtained evidence of a bribery scheme in which someone “would offer a substantial political contribution in exchange for a presidential pardon or reprieve of sentence.”"

Is anyone surprised?
    "Alleged scheme," Snowflake.

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The report did not mention any names such as Michael Flynn being involved or anything, but the investigation was going on in August.

The news has just been made public.

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    "Alleged scheme," Snowflake.
    Does that mean it never happened, sweet pea?

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is anyone surprised?

" A Justice Department official said no government official is or was a target of the investigation."

DO YOU EVER NOT LIE ???

YOU MEAN LIKE THE CLINTONS DID, AND TRUMP HAS NOT?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is 'fake news' but QAnon is real.................
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 12-02-2020 at 07:35 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2020)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Is there anyone in the WH who needs a LOT of money?

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Howell’s opinion provides tantalizing hints about the probe. She says it involved the seizure of more than 50 digital media devices, such as phones, iPads and laptops. In addition, it appears the pardon probe grew out of an earlier investigation."

POLITICO: Unsealed court ruling discloses bribe-for-pardon probe related to Trump White House

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The problem with people who get away with some crimes is that after they get away with a few crimes they begin to think there is nothing they can be held to account for.

Then they get too sloppy and get caught.

That kind of thing happens to people with a big ego who won't listen to what experts tell them.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,517 Times in 52,735 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is anyone surprised?
    Not a bit surprised. I see that pEarl and Tom are upset that you dared to report on it though.

I don't understand what the "order" part is about though.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,517 Times in 52,735 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is not publicly known who might be involved.

Anyone like to guess?
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of them had name that includes the accursed word "Trump." Possibly one of the spawn.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-02-2020)