Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Barr taps Durham as special counsel, pushing probe into Biden era"

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Barr is Trump’s lackey, I have no idea why he turned on Trump. I think self preservation/interest is some of it.
    Like I said, you’re sticking to your theory lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,248 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Barr is Trump’s lackey, I have no idea why he turned on Trump. I think self preservation/interest is some of it.
    It's definitely self-preservation. Even Barr can see what's happening.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-01-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    It's definitely self-preservation. Even Barr can see what's happening.
    Two votes for the theory lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    I still dont follow the point,
    but this SCounsel isn't out of the blue if that's what you mean. Durham has been around for like 18 months?
    Only his status has changed...

the inference is he has something or Durham wouldn't go along for the ride just because Barr might want him to otherwise
    Certainly is out of the blue, when was the last time a lame duck Administration appointed a Special Council on the way out? Especially one that has already been at it for “around ... for 18 months,” six more and he will top the length of Mueller, and to date has one minor case. And a Special Prosecutor is more than just a change in status

Durham doesn’t have anything, if he did, Barr would have least telegraphed it before the election, the “October surprise,” this is 100% politically motivated,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (12-01-2020)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    There were at least two unlawful activities: one with Clinesmith and the other against Carter Page.

Those are the ones we know about it. If Barr really thinks Durham has nothing else what was the point in insulating him from the next administration? If Durham is done why would it matter if Biden shut him down?

What will get shutdown for definite is any investigation into Hunter Biden. Hunter is probably sleeping better lately.
    The “point of insulating him,” easy,” politics, Barr appeases Trump and gives Trump plus the demagogues innuendo material, it is 100% political motivated, motivated by a bitter and vengeful individual

8. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-01-2020)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Certainly is out of the blue, when was the last time a lame duck Administration appointed a Special Council on the way out? Especially one that has already been at it for “around ... for 18 months,” six more and he will top the length of Mueller, and to date has one minor case. And a Special Prosecutor is more than just a change in status

Durham doesn’t have anything, if he did, Barr would have least telegraphed it before the election, the “October surprise,” this is 100% politically motivated,
    Think Clinesmith was a man on an island and acting alone when he altered the documents pertaining to the FISA warrant on Page?

He had something against Page and wanted to see him harassed? Or was it at the direction of someone else?

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

How many times was the report suppose to be released and then it was delayed. I remember three. It’s like you said, they didn’t find anything Horowitz hadn’t already found.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Durham has only charged Kevin Clinesmith -but Horowitz fond many cases of FISA abuses etc.
    I think that's where criminal intent has to be proven
    And that would show there was a politically-motivated conspiracy to spy on Trump? That was why Barr started this thing - to indulge Trump's fantasies.
    I think they'll need quite a lot more than FISA abuses to prove that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-01-2020)

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    And that would show there was a politically-motivated conspiracy to spy on Trump? That was why Barr started this thing - to indulge Trump's fantasies.
    FISA abuses have been happening for a long time. It’s no conspiracy against Trump.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (12-01-2020)

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The “point of insulating him,” easy,” politics, Barr appeases Trump and gives Trump plus the demagogues innuendo material, it is 100% political motivated, motivated by a bitter and vengeful individual
    Makes no sense because Barr is being inconsistent.

Barr could have appeased Trump by hinting at some election dirt and he didn’t. It’s more plausible that Durham hasn’t shown all his cards yet. It’s a different investigation than Mullet’s. No leaks, no pointless lying to investigators charges.

Some of you are a little too sure Durham has nothing. Put it this way: he either has nothing or some shit is going to go down.

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

rofl. the fact he "turned on Trump" shows he not a lackey..your logic is piss poor awful

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (12-02-2020)

18. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

FISA abuses have been happening for a long time. It’s no conspiracy against Trump.
    OMG.
    so now you dismiss using Steele dossier ( when the FBI knew it was fake) for FISAs as no big deal

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-02-2020)

20. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    you do realize how many are involved in preparing and signing off on FISAs?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

22. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ulike Comey Durham is waiting till afetr the election - DoJ policy.
    And you ignore the fact Durham now has SC status -why is this now? just because?
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

23. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

24. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In September, Barr discussed the timing of the Durham probe during an interview with Townhall.
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...ction-n2576165

"You need strong evidence of intent, it seems to me, before you can charge that kind of crime so developing that evidence is a time consuming process. Most of the people who are mouthing off about 'well why aren't these people already indicted,' they don't understand the criminal justice process. People get lawyers, sometimes they won't talk to you. Even if they talk to you they'll say they'll take the fifth and you have to get documents and frequently fight over documents and fight over things in court so the investigation is a cumbersome process. It's not something that can be done quickly," Barr said.

"I've said that there are sort of two missions, I see it. One is to get to the bottom of what happened and get the facts out about that and we are going to do that and you know, try to be careful about that, that we don't do anything that would unduly interfere with the election," Barr said. "And then there's the issue of whether someone crossed the line. In the course of these, in my view, unjustified and horrible abuse of power, actually cross the line and committed a federal offense and I can't really say anything about the status of that investigation except that it's continuing and we'll be careful about not bringing indictments in a way that can be viewed as interfering with the [2016] election."

25. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (12-02-2020)