Thread: Trump TV: Trump's Third and Final Act

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,435 Times in 52,457 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump TV: Trump's Third and Final Act

Trump's superpower has always been his ease at being a showman. I've been truly impressed by his freewheeling style on stage after watching a few of his rallies on Fox News. The fact he's batshit crazy is beside the point. The man knows how to work a crowd.

For Trump's third and final act, he will be setting up Trump TV. Possibly by buying out an existing network such as OANN or Newsmax. Current odds favor Newsmax for 1) having the largest network and, simultaneously, 2) taking out his biggest competitor. If Trump TV takes off, it could trounce OANN into submission and buy them out in a year or two.

For pure dramatic flare, it would be typically Trump to announce Trump TV the morning of Biden's inauguration. Trump probably won't be in attendance at the inauguration. In fact, he might to flee to Florida shortly after December 14th. Trump will probably have a short daily bit (e.g. 5 min rant) and a longer bit once or twice a week (e.g. 30 min+ rant). If Trump is banned or leaves social media accounts, he would spend more time on his TV network.

Trump TV should be both a financial success for its investors and a satisfying outlet for Trump's narcissism and fragile ego.

Pre-election video on how Trump would move to Trump TV
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ht-wing-tv.cnn
    ----

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/11/cr...sk-1234598314/
    Creating ‘Trump TV’ Will Not Be an Easy Task for the Outgoing President
    Analysts note that Trump’s divisive nature would make it difficult for him to create any sort of ad-supported business

I disagree with the article. Trump will be taking much of Fox's audience and Fox's advertisers along with them. Additionally, Trump will most likely be banned or heavily censored on social media for both legal and moral reasons. Anyone who wants a daily dose of what Trump is spewing will go to the only source supplying it: Trump TV.
    ----

https://www.thewrap.com/newsmax-ceo-...uddy-ny-times/
    Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy Thinks His Pro-Trump Audience Is ‘Stupid,’ NY Times Columnist Says

The linked article above is interesting to me because it points out something that is quintessentially American: never let a few moral issues interfere with profit.
    Last edited by Doc Dutch; 12-01-2020 at 01:52 PM.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Trump's superpower has always been his ease at being a showman. I've been truly impressed by his freewheeling style on stage after watching a few of his rallies on Fox News. The fact he's batshit crazy is beside the point. The man knows how to work a crowd.

For Trump's third and final act, he will be setting up Trump TV. Possibly by buying out an existing network such as OANN or Newsmax. Current odds favor Newsmax for 1) having the largest network and, simultaneously, 2) taking out their biggest competitor. If Trump TV takes off, they could trounce OANN into submission and buy them out too.

For pure dramatic flare, it would be typically Trump to announce Trump TV before and the same day as Biden's inauguration. I expect Trump won't be in attendance at the inauguration. In fact, I expect him to flee to Florida shortly after December 14th. A further expectation is that Trump will have a short daily bit (e.g. 5 min rant) and a longer bit once or twice a week (e.g. 30 min+ rant). Trump TV should be both a financial success for its investors and a satisfying outlet for Trump's narcissism and fragile ego.

----

Analysts note that Trump’s divisive nature would make it difficult for him to create any sort of ad-supported business

I disagree with the article. Trump will be taking much of Fox's audience and Fox's advertisers along with them. Additionally, Trump will most likely be banned or heavily censored on social media for both legal and moral reasons. Anyone who wants a daily dose of what Trump is spewing will go to the only source supplying it: Trump TV.
    ----

Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy Thinks His Pro-Trump Audience Is ‘Stupid,’ NY Times Columnist Says

The linked article above is interesting to me because it points out something that is quintessentially American: never let a few moral issues interfere with profit.
    It will quickly fall into Brietbart and worse territory for only cultist level drones. It will probably reach the status of questionable news source in record time and be banned from social media platforms from early on. All of this will make the drones believe it more as their existence seems to revolve around confirmation bias.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-01-2020), ThatOwlWoman (12-01-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,155 Times in 33,858 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

For Trump's third and final act, he will be setting up Trump TV. Possibly by buying out an existing network such as OANN or Newsmax. Current odds favor Newsmax for 1) having the largest network and, simultaneously, 2) taking out his biggest competitor. If Trump TV takes off, it could trounce OANN into submission and buy them out in a year or two.

For pure dramatic flare, it would be typically Trump to announce Trump TV the morning of Biden's inauguration. Trump probably won't be in attendance at the inauguration. In fact, he might to flee to Florida shortly after December 14th. Trump will probably have a short daily bit (e.g. 5 min rant) and a longer bit once or twice a week (e.g. 30 min+ rant). Trump TV should be both a financial success for its investors and a satisfying outlet for Trump's narcissism and fragile ego.

----

----

Do you watch the Sarah Palin network? I think Trump’s network will go the same way...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-01-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,070 Times in 7,502 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

Will they let the diseased orangutan broadcast from Attica or Sing Sing?
    He won't be getting any pardons from Cuomo, that's for sure.

Will he get lucky and try to broadcast from a hideaway in Brazil? Or Russia?
    Maybe Jerusalem? They love him there.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-01-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Do you watch the Sarah Palin network?
    What Sarah Palin network? WTF you talking about?

Oh I see.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin_Channel
    Never heard of it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-01-2020), dukkha (12-01-2020)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you watch the Sarah Palin network? I think Trump’s network will go the same way...
    She has her fan base, but Trump is not Sarah Palin. Time will tell but is Alex Jones can make InfoWars a multimillion dollar success, Trump can easily make Trump TV a success due to financial backing and a built-in audience.

May 2017
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017...ake-money.html
    When Alex Jones started broadcasting on the radio in the late 1990s, he followed the talk-radio playbook to a T. He built a large and devoted audience — in his case, of far-right conspiracy-theory believers — and began to sell radio advertising against them, and videos, books, and T-shirts to them. From there, he expanded: He established Infowars.com, began making and selling his own conspiracy-oriented documentary films, and then launched PrisonPlanet.tv, a subscription-only streaming-video service that offered instant access to his films. By 2013, he had built a media empire: web, radio, subscription video, and DVD and T-shirt sales. At the time, Salon’s Alex Seitz-Wald estimated that Jones was pulling in as much as $10 million a year between subscriptions, web and radio advertising, and sales.
    Sept 2018
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/07/u...onspiracy.html
    But by 2014, according to testimony Mr. Jones gave in a court case, his operations were bringing in more than $20 million a year in revenue. Records viewed by The New York Times show that most of his revenue that year came from the sale of products like supplements such as the Super Male Vitality, which purports to boost testosterone, or Brain Force Plus, which promises to “supercharge” cognitive functions.

Court records in a divorce case show that Mr. Jones’s businesses netted more than $5 million in 2014. Court proceedings show that he and his then-wife, Kelly Jones, embarked on plans to build a swimming pool complex around that time featuring a waterfall and dining cabana with a stone fireplace. Mr. Jones bought four Rolex watches in one day in 2014, and spent $40,000 on a saltwater aquarium; the couple’s assets at the time included a $70,000 grand piano, $50,000 in firearms and $752,000 in silver, gold and precious metals, in a safe deposit box, court documents say.

People who have worked with him or studied his business said his revenues had probably continued to grow in recent years.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charoite View Post
    It will quickly fall into Brietbart and worse territory for only cultist level drones. It will probably reach the status of questionable news source in record time and be banned from social media platforms from early on. All of this will make the drones believe it more as their existence seems to revolve around confirmation bias.
    Sure. I don't expect it to rival the Science Channel in either facts or educational value, but, as noted above, InfoWars makes a lot more money than the Science channel. Sad, isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_Channel

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    What Sarah Palin network? WTF you talking about?

Oh I see.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin_Channel
    Never heard of it.
    If they'd run the Sarah and Bristol sex tapes, I'd watch it.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Will they let the diseased orangutan broadcast from Attica or Sing Sing?
    He won't be getting any pardons from Cuomo, that's for sure.

Will he get lucky and try to broadcast from a hideaway in Brazil? Or Russia?
    Maybe Jerusalem? They love him there.
    $20 says Trump won't be in jail during any of 2021.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-01-2020), ThatOwlWoman (12-01-2020)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

For pure dramatic flare, it would be typically Trump to announce Trump TV the morning of Biden's inauguration. Trump probably won't be in attendance at the inauguration. In fact, he might to flee to Florida shortly after December 14th. Trump will probably have a short daily bit (e.g. 5 min rant) and a longer bit once or twice a week (e.g. 30 min+ rant). If Trump is banned or leaves social media accounts, he would spend more time on his TV network.

Trump TV should be both a financial success for its investors and a satisfying outlet for Trump's narcissism and fragile ego.

----

----

This is a real threat to Alex Jones.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-01-2020)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

She has her fan base, but Trump is not Sarah Palin. Time will tell but is Alex Jones can make InfoWars a multimillion dollar success, Trump can easily make Trump TV a success due to financial backing and a built-in audience.

May 2017
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017...ake-money.html

Sept 2018
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/07/u...onspiracy.html
    I think they will tire of Trump and his whining. Americans are fickle and he is a loser. Jones has a better command of the issues unlike Trump who isn’t able to grasp subject matters. He’ll burn out just like Palin, just like the Apprentice.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-01-2020), ThatOwlWoman (12-01-2020)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think they will tire of Trump and his whining. Americans are fickle and he is a loser. Jones has a better command of the issues unlike Trump who isn’t able to grasp subject matters. He’ll burn out just like Palin, just like the Apprentice.
    Trump has always been good at spending other people's money. I have little doubt he'll throw a lot of OPM at Trump TV to give it every chance of being a success. Time will tell if it is.

When do you think he'll announce this little venture?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-01-2020)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

This is a real threat to Alex Jones.
    Agreed. Maybe Jones will throw in with Trump. Two wackadoodles for one low, low price!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-01-2020), PoliTalker (12-01-2020)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump has always been good at spending other people's money. I have little doubt he'll throw a lot of OPM at Trump TV to give it every chance of being a success. Time will tell if it is.

When do you think he'll announce this little venture?
    January 20th. I hear he’s planning an event to run simultaneous with the inauguration.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-01-2020)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,398 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

----

----

Won't it be a bit difficult for satellite and cable providers to add it to their roster for free viewing? Otherwise I can't see the yokels and slack-jaws coughing up their social security and welfare to watch it. Or is it strictly streaming only? There's another problem then.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-01-2020), Phantasmal (12-01-2020)