Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump pardoning himself and his family?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 130 Times in 122 Posts

Default Trump pardoning himself and his family?

Him and his followers with their claim that there is a witch hunt on The screaming carrot and his family is a total joke.Now do they like him or his family , hell no why should anyone, he's a criminal and a pile of shit and treats everyone like shit as does the rest of the group., so how can anyone like him? That is unless your a boot licking zombie and easily controlled by your hatred of others. Being supported and justified by this mental case. His approach to politics isn't unusual at all , every dictator in the world has used this type of cruel ugly approach to power and that example is made totally clear in the only book this dead head has read in his life time , in this case he kept it on his night stand for his nightly reading The Book is Called" My New Order' its a book that has been studied for decades on how dictators sell their hate and control to the weakest minded in the population. You want real fact , look up the book . The man learned everything about politics from this book, it's literally his bible.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jbander For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    Him and his followers with their claim that there is a witch hunt on The screaming carrot and his family is a total joke.Now do they like him or his family , hell no why should anyone, he's a criminal and a pile of shit and treats everyone like shit as does the rest of the group., so how can anyone like him? That is unless your a boot licking zombie and easily controlled by your hatred of others. Being supported and justified by this mental case. His approach to politics isn't unusual at all , every dictator in the world has used this type of cruel ugly approach to power and that example is made totally clear in the only book this dead head has read in his life time , in this case he kept it on his night stand for his nightly reading The Book is Called" My New Order' its a book that has been studied for decades on how dictators sell their hate and control to the weakest minded in the population. You want real fact , look up the book . The man learned everything about politics from this book, it's literally his bible.
    I’ll say it, again, let them get pardons, then they can’t plead the 5th.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I’ll say it, again, let them get pardons, then they can’t plead the 5th.
    Won't do anything for state charges and the NY AG has to be salivating over a Biden win.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,054 Times in 2,849 Posts

I have to ask again, how does one pardon himself for crimes that he has yet to be found guilty of committing?

Is this suppose to be some "get out of jail" card that Trump can keep just incase he is found guilty of a crime?

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    Won't do anything for state charges and the NY AG has to be salivating over a Biden win.
    Nor anything he hasn't already been indicted for!

The good news- TRUMP HAS NOT BEEN INDICTED YET! He can only be pardoned for something he has already been indicted for.

He cannot pardon himself anyway- so he would have to step down first and ask Pence to pardon him.

But the indictments are forthcoming- as soon as TRUMP AND PENCE are no longer with executive power!

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I have to ask again, how does one pardon himself for crimes that he has yet to be found guilty of committing?

Is this suppose to be some "get out of jail" card that Trump can keep just incase he is found guilty of a crime?
    Good point anyone have the answer?

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Nor anything he hasn't already been indicted for!

The good news- TRUMP HAS NOT BEEN INDICTED YET! He can only be pardoned for something he has already been indicted for.

He cannot pardon himself anyway- so he would have to step down first and ask Pence to pardon him.

But the indictments are forthcoming- as soon as TRUMP AND PENCE are no longer with executive power!
    Is this part opinion, it makes sense but you never know "He can only be pardoned for something he has already been indicted for."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jbander For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (12-01-2020)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    Good point anyone have the answer?
    The pardon can be written in many ways. It can specify the crimes, or simply pardon for crimes that occurred during a time period or related to a specific investigation or investigations. It is truly a get out of jail free card (just ask Nixon). The only thing you can't do is pardon for future crimes. It's a pretty sweeping power. That being said, it doesn't appear you can pardon yourself, and it doesn't appear you can pardon for a corrupt purpose (like taking a bribe or obstructing justice). So we'll see.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    The pardon can be written in many ways. It can specify the crimes, or simply pardon for crimes that occurred during a time period or related to a specific investigation or investigations. It is truly a get out of jail free card (just ask Nixon). The only thing you can't do is pardon for future crimes. It's a pretty sweeping power. That being said, it doesn't appear you can pardon yourself, and it doesn't appear you can pardon for a corrupt purpose (like taking a bribe or obstructing justice). So we'll see.
    Doesn't matter the states are all lined up on the white house steps drooling at the though of him leaving the white house.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jbander For This Post:

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Desperate people do desperate things. My guess is that tRump is capable of pushing the powers of the pardon to the limit.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post

I don't think anyone can 1) pardon himself, or 2) receive a pardon when they haven't even been charged with something. That's exactly what you said -- he thinks of it as a lifetime get-of-out-jail-free card.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I don't think anyone can 1) pardon himself, or 2) receive a pardon when they haven't even been charged with something. That's exactly what you said -- he thinks of it as a lifetime get-of-out-jail-free card.
    tRump actually "thinking" is an oxymoron in and of itself.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Pardoning is an admission of guilt. You do not have to pardon innocent people.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Tacomaman (12-02-2020), ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2020)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Rest assured that tRump will benefit from his pardon power any way possible.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Now it is declare martial law and suspend the constitution and have another election . You can't make this up, him and his followerers are the most anti- American group that has existed in my lifetime ,they are the biggest threat in my lifetime and the biggest enemy of this country in my life time and should be treated as such from this day on.