Thread: Post-election Gallup poll: Biden favorability rises to 55% while Trump's dips to 42%

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,853 Times in 14,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Post-election Gallup poll: Biden favorability rises to 55% while Trump's dips to 42%

According to a new poll from Gallup, President-elect Joe Biden’s favorability rating is up following the conclusion of the election while President Donald Trump’s has dipped.

Biden’s approval rating, according to this survey, is at 55%, which is the highest since he entered the 2020 race. He polled slightly higher in February of 2019, two months before he declared his candidacy.

Meanwhile, Trump's approval rating is at 42%, down three points from before the election, when it reached its highest at 49% in both February and the spring.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...42/ar-BB1bvmPf
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following User Groans At Guno צְבִי For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-01-2020)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-30-2020), Phantasmal (12-01-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    According to a new poll from Gallup, President-elect Joe Biden’s favorability rating is up following the conclusion of the election while President Donald Trump’s has dipped.

Biden’s approval rating, according to this survey, is at 55%, which is the highest since he entered the 2020 race. He polled slightly higher in February of 2019, two months before he declared his candidacy.

Meanwhile, Trump's approval rating is at 42%, down three points from before the election, when it reached its highest at 49% in both February and the spring.

42%?

Jesus, how is it THAT high?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-30-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (12-01-2020), Phantasmal (12-01-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,488 Times in 52,491 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post

IIRC, Trump's favorability never rose above 50% except on a Rasmussen poll. Biden isn't even President yet and he's already better than Trump.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-01-2020)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-30-2020), Phantasmal (12-01-2020)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wait till Biden is the one in the hot seat.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Wait till Biden is the one in the hot seat.
    Is there any doubt he'll handle it better than Trump ever did?

11. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-01-2020)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (12-01-2020), katzgar (12-05-2020), Phantasmal (12-01-2020), PoliTalker (11-30-2020)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Well of course he will, but you know how it works. Trump isn't the first president to be held responsible for things out of his control by the media, with the naive public eating it all up.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-01-2020)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Well of course he will, but you know how it works. Trump isn't the first president to be held responsible for things out of his control by the media, with the naive public eating it all up.
    Most people are smart. Smart enough to keep their mouths shut about things they don't fully understand.

OTOH, stupid people are more than dumb enough to open their yaps about things they don't understand. Ergo; the common perception that "the media" or "the public" is the core problem.

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Most people are smart. Smart enough to keep their mouths shut about things they don't fully understand.

OTOH, stupid people are more than dumb enough to open their yaps about things they don't understand. Ergo; the common perception that "the media" or "the public" is the core problem.
    Oh thanks a lot...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-01-2020)

18. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Pretty low bar.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-05-2020)

20. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Pretty low bar.
    Agreed. Any of the sane JPP members would make a better President than Trump. Still, Biden has the experience and the contacts. I hope he does well.

FWIW, Ronald Reagan wasn't the smartest guy in the room. No leader has to be the smartest guy in the room. All they need to do is exactly what Reagan did: hire the smartest people, listen to their advice, develop a consensus then explain to the American people his plan for the future. I think Biden will do this, but time will tell.

Additionally, I think Biden will set up his administration then, over the next two years, slowly expand Kamala's authority. Biden, as all good leaders know, will accept full responsibility for any failures and give credit to all those who worked to resolve the issue. Unlike this asshole:

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Agreed. Any of the sane JPP members would make a better President than Trump. Still, Biden has the experience and the contacts. I hope he does well.

FWIW, Ronald Reagan wasn't the smartest guy in the room. No leader has to be the smartest guy in the room. All they need to do is exactly what Reagan did: hire the smartest people, listen to their advice, develop a consensus then explain to the American people his plan for the future. I think Biden will do this, but time will tell.

Additionally, I think Biden will set up his administration then, over the next two years, slowly expand Kamala's authority. Biden, as all good leaders know, will accept full responsibility for any failures and give credit to all those who worked to resolve the issue. Unlike this asshole:

As long as there is this rapacious greed and money in politics the people will always get shafted. My family and I are suffering the consequences of corruption in government for the last four years via the broken and criminal family court system so I have zero tolerance. A fish rots from the head down and our government is filled with rot and that includes both parties...only the Dem party is less Fascist and throws some crumbs at the masses. We can do a lot better than either of them. There is a way for Biden and the feckless Dem Congress thru a loophole to provide Med4All which in turn would guarantee them election wins aside from giving the people what they desperately need and want but they are owned by the for-profit health insurance industrial complex so they will not pull that lever. Screw them all!!!
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 12-01-2020 at 04:00 PM.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Doc Dutch (12-01-2020)

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    As long as there is this rapacious greed and money in politics the people will always get shafted. My family and I are suffering the consequences of corruption in government for the last four years via the broken and criminal family court system so I have zero tolerance. A fish rots from the head down and our government is filled with rot and that includes both parties...only the Dem party is less Fascist and throws some crumbs at the masses. We can do a lot better than either of them. There is a way for Biden and the feckless Dem Congress thru a loophole to provide Med4All which in turn would guarantee them election wins aside from giving the people what they desperately need and want but they are owned by the for-profit health insurance industrial complex so they will not pull that lever. Screw them all!!!
    I tend to agree on your assessment of government and the problems of flawed leadership.

IMO, the solution is two-fold, 1) elect better people and 2) greater participation by the citizenry.

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,910 Times in 21,670 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Biden already more popular than Trump ever was.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Biden already more popular than Trump ever was.
    True, but it was a bar so low even a 78 year old man could leap over it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Jarod (12-05-2020)