Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to protect our democracy from a future Donald Trump

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    First and foremost you must understand who the American people are. This is less about who Donald Trump was as it is about who the American people are, no differently than it was less about Hitler then it was about who the German people were. Both Hitler and Trump exploited the underlying sentiments of the people they led, and the thinking after both were gone is now as it was then ‘how did we let that happen and how do we make sure it doesn’t happen ever again.’

What passes as the American people today doesn’t believe in Science. These people don’t even have common sense. THATS almost half of adult Americans. It gets worse.Donald Trump was nothing more than a made up celebrity, never worked a day in his life and HALF of this nation, the same half who doesn’t believe in science, decided to make him the ‘Leader of the Free world’ and he promptly made sure that America may never hold that distinction ever again, nor should it.

Donald Trump has demonstrated that our democracy has gaping holes in it and that Americans have no idea of the importance of the Declaration of Independence .... which is the real bible of our democracy. The Constitution is the users guide, that was designed to be updated, but the people who don’t believe in science see it as some sacrosanct holy grail that cannot be touched, an indication about their ignorance of the Founders.

The wave that Trump rides on is the very same wave that Hitler rode .. ignorance, fear of immigrants, and an unfounded sense of superiority. Same wave. It took many years for the Germans to rid themselves of the stench of Hitler, and it may well take Americans longer to get rid of the WWE celebrity of Trump because Americans are dumber than the Germans. At least they believed in science.

To prevent another Trump we must first take the blinders off.
    And the establishment Dems get to run on zero policy and "I'm not Trump." That is how pathetically clueless so many Americans are that they will settle for that. Corporate money in politics has given us a duopoly and is destroying the USA.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

blackascoal (11-30-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello BidenPresident,

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    The problem is not hacking. The problem is President Trump calling in members of the Board of Examiners from Wayne County, MI to invalidate the election.
    But that didn't work. Democracy won. Even against something as powerful as Trump.

And I can't see anybody else like Trump even existing. Nobody else is going to motivate all these right wingers to the polls like Trump did. He brought out foolish voters who rarely ever voted previously. But Trump is unique. Who else could do what he has done?

Now that the nation has seen the damage something like that can cause, the USA will be on guard to prevent a repeat.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello BidenPresident,

But that didn't work. Democracy won. Even against something as powerful as Trump.

And I can't see anybody else like Trump even existing.
    Reagan. GW Bush. It's the norm.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    And the establishment Dems get to run on zero policy and "I'm not Trump." That is how pathetically clueless so many Americans are that they will settle for that. Corporate money in politics has given us a duopoly and is destroying the USA.
    Needed:

American Anti Corruption Act
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello BidenPresident;,

Reagan. GW Bush. It's the norm.
    No, they weren't as bad. They did not have the RW extreme vote.

Republicans can still win elections. No doubt of that. But they won't be electing people with such contempt for the law as Trump.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello BidenPresident;,

No, they weren't as bad. They did not have the RW extreme vote.

Reagan was a right wing extremist. Yes, it was known at the time.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    True that.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello BidenPresident,

Reagan was a right wing extremist. Yes, it was known at the time.
    No, he was just a popular TV character adman spokesman. He didn't appeal to racists or xenophobes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Flash (11-30-2020)

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello BidenPresident,

No, he was just a popular TV character adman spokesman. He didn't appeal to racists or xenophobes.

"Welfare Queen." Reagan was a racist.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello BidenPresident,

And I can't see anybody else like Trump even existing. Nobody else is going to motivate all these right wingers to the polls like Trump did. He brought out foolish voters who rarely ever voted previously. But Trump is unique. Who else could do what he has done?

Now that the nation has seen the damage something like that can cause, the USA will be on guard to prevent a repeat.
    Trump brought out the hate and ignorance in half of the American people that has always existed just below the surface.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-30-2020)

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

"Welfare Queen." Reagan was a racist.
    "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
    "A penny saved is a penny earned."

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 114 Posts

Fixing this isn’t complicated.

The electoral college must be eliminated or reformed.

We must end Republican gerrymandering and address the rapidly growing gap between population size and political power in the Senate.

The FEC should be reshaped to emulate Australia’s independent election commission.

The United States should also mandate automatic voter registration, which would expand participation while ensuring a streamlined registration database to deter any racist GOP voter purges.

Federal law should incentivize states to mandate maximum average wait times at precincts so a “time tax” is no longer imposed on minority neighborhoods.

The U.S. Postal Service should be required to deliver all mail-in ballots within five days, with appropriate funding to make that possible.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to The Biden Administration For This Post:

blackascoal (11-30-2020)

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Biden Transition Team View Post
    Fixing this isn’t complicated.

The electoral college must be eliminated or reformed.

We must end Republican gerrymandering and address the rapidly growing gap between population size and political power in the Senate.

The FEC should be reshaped to emulate Australia’s independent election commission.

The United States should also mandate automatic voter registration, which would expand participation while ensuring a streamlined registration database to deter any racist GOP voter purges.

Federal law should incentivize states to mandate maximum average wait times at precincts so a “time tax” is no longer imposed on minority neighborhoods.

The U.S. Postal Service should be required to deliver all mail-in ballots within five days, with appropriate funding to make that possible.
    That won’t happen in a Biden administration.

Much too timid.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

The problem is not hacking. The problem is President Trump calling in members of the Board of Examiners from Wayne County, MI to invalidate the election.
    And so you want to have one federal board that he appointed?