Thread: Mask filtration principles

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Is it? Can you provide evidence that it is? A youtube video isn't peer reviewed science. It is just pablum for conspiracy nuts like yourself.

Did you see the youtube video that proves the earth is flat?
    How about the youtube video that proves gravity sometimes stops working?
    You should branch out a little more with your idiocy. It might make you more well rounded or maybe flatter like the earth.

Interception, Impaction and Diffusion are how masks work.
    If you don't understand the science, you should perhaps stop showing everyone how stupid you are.
    There are two young men who vape at the car wash next door, and I can see the vape cloud every time one of them takes a drag. Looks about the same as the video. One of the guys where I work showed all of us how cigarette smoke goes through masks. Looks about like the video.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Page 7 and no absolute proof that masks don't help.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 3,413 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 640 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    There are two young men who vape at the car wash next door, and I can see the vape cloud every time one of them takes a drag. Looks about the same as the video. One of the guys where I work showed all of us how cigarette smoke goes through masks. Looks about like the video.
    Did they also show you how the earth is flat? or how gravity is just a theory so it never works?

Meanwhile there is real science such as this -
    http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get...FULLTEXT01.pdf

I tell you what, you stick with the guys at the car wash for your science and I will stick with the guys at Livermore National Labs.
    https://www.osti.gov/servlets/purl/325068

If you don't understand the science, you should perhaps stop showing everyone how stupid you are.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Did they also show you how the earth is flat? or how gravity is just a theory so it never works?

Meanwhile there is real science such as this -
    http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get...FULLTEXT01.pdf

I tell you what, you stick with the guys at the car wash for your science and I will stick with the guys at Livermore National Labs.
    https://www.osti.gov/servlets/purl/325068

If your lab guys claim that vape and smoke clouds don't pour effortlessly around and through disposable masks like they aren't even there, I'll stick to believing my eyes when I can clearly see smoke and vape clouds pour effortlessly around and through disposable masks. A real world test like this doesn't require a PhD in a lab coat to see the elephant in the room.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 3,413 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 640 Times in 608 Posts

If your lab guys claim that vape and smoke clouds don't pour effortlessly around and through disposable masks like they aren't even there, I'll stick to believing my eyes when I can clearly see smoke and vape clouds pour effortlessly around and through disposable masks. A real world test like this doesn't require a PhD in a lab coat to see the elephant in the room.
    You haven't conducted a single "real world test." You have simply watched youtube videos and relied on the guys at the car wash.

You stick to your eyes that tell you the earth is flat. Then stick to youtube videos for the rest of your science.

Don't forget that Houdini first proved you can make an elephant disappear so obviously you can't see the elephant in the room since it can disappear in front of your eyes.

Interception, Impaction and Diffusion
    are how masks work.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Conduct a few experiments with droplets and upload the videos to Youtube.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with not just the masks that I bought from the Etsy site, but also the service. I have ordered a few batches of masks, and each seller has done a beautiful job with the packaging and presentation. Wrapping, packaging, and bags, business cards and handwritten notes. Etsy is the way to go for handcrafted items.

My masks that I bought from a couple different Etsy sellers are all excellent fabric and design, elastic ear loops, and nice fitting mask shape.

I'll make sure to buy Etsy products in the future as well.

Attachment 18181
    So Evmetro, did you order that t-shirt I suggested yet?

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You haven't conducted a single "real world test." You have simply watched youtube videos and relied on the guys at the car wash.
    There is nothing more real world than watching vapor droplets flow easily and effortlessly through and around masks. A video is great for that, but there is nothing more real world than watching it in real time from a real person. An average person at a car wash vaping easily through and around a mask is as good as it gets. Even if politically motivated doctors and scientists claim the vape droplets are not doing what can be seen plain as day, I can still see what is really happening.

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

The principle behind how masks work is that air passes through a bunch of small pores or holes. The stuff that is bigger than the holes gets stopped by the smaller holes. You can pour a pot of water and pasta through a strainer and witness how masks filter out stuff. All we need to know here for filtering viruses is the size of the hole or pore in the mask, and of course the size of the virus. If the pores are 300 to 10,000 times larger than the virus or virus carrying droplet, then we know that the mask is not the correct ppe. Duh...

Quotes of mask studies are not how masks work, and neither are claims that they do in fact work. Claims that masks work and quotes of studies are propaganda. If a doctor or scientist claims that masks work, it is not the same thing as HOW masks work. No claim that masks work, regardless of if they are correct or not, is how masks work.

There is a good reason why lefties will not discuss HOW masks work, and why they need to evade or quote propaganda that simply claims that masks work. The reason is that even a five year old child can see that smaller stuff will flow through larger holes. The difference in the tiny size of a virus compared to the enormous holes or pores in cheap paper and cloth masks is breathtaking.

Quotable reminder: This thread is not a debate about IF masks work, it is about "HOW" masks work.
    You are literally the dumbest moron on the planet. No one and I mean no one has ever said the mask stops a virus you are being a moron. Seek treatment for your meth addiction immediately your brain is nothing but pus and it is making you delusional and making crap up.
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is nothing more real world than watching vapor droplets flow easily and effortlessly through and around masks. A video is great for that, but there is nothing more real world than watching it in real time from a real person. An average person at a car wash vaping easily through and around a mask is as good as it gets. Even if politically motivated doctors and scientists claim the vape droplets are not doing what can be seen plain as day, I can still see what is really happening.
    Welcome back. Ready for more spanking?

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Welcome back. Ready for more spanking?
    Not sure how long I'll be around, since I am on many other boards. This site is nice for the freedom of speech, but it has a lot of commies like you who evade instead of debate. Thanks for the welcome though, maybe I'll respond to an occasional post of yours.

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not sure how long I'll be around, since I am on many other boards. This site is nice for the freedom of speech, but it has a lot of commies like you who evade instead of debate. Thanks for the welcome though, maybe I'll respond to an occasional post of yours.
    It's what I love about this site. People insulting me and calling me names like "commie".

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    It's what I love about this site. People insulting me and calling me names like "commie".
    If a duck looks like a duck and walks like a duck, why would he be insulted if somebody calls him a duck?

Two rounds of posts is my limit on responding to your evasion, so I'll cap it at where we are for now. Post something that demonstrates that you read and understood the opening post of this thread, and I'll go two more rounds of your evasion.

14. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If a duck looks like a duck and walks like a duck, why would he be insulted if somebody calls him a duck?

Two rounds of posts is my limit on responding to your evasion, so I'll cap it at where we are for now. Post something that demonstrates that you read and understood the opening post of this thread, and I'll go two more rounds of your evasion.
    Ah I remember your shtick. Anyway, if you recall, I have stated that I read and understood your OP. And I have replied accordingly, demonstrating why you are wrong.